This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2009 - 2010 Part II: I Believe in Seth Appert

It's not like that in every sport, though. Football, yes. Men's and women's basketball, yes. Women's hockey, no, unless you transfer between teams in the WCHA, where it's a league rule.

PS: This.
    Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
      If everyone shows that will be our most depth in memory up front. Some years with injuries it seems like we dont ever have enough defensemen though. If Lee and Rabbani are both out we may feel it a bit if these are banging games...
      Don't forget, Vassel is versatile and can also play D. If needed Appert could always move him back and take someone off the bench to play forward.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
        It's not like that in every sport, though. Football, yes. Men's and women's basketball, yes. Women's hockey, no, unless you transfer between teams in the WCHA, where it's a league rule.

PS: This.
        Nice writeup.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Section 22 View Post
          Don't forget, Vassel is versatile and can also play D. If needed Appert could always move him back and take someone off the bench to play forward.
          Yes but our defense has finally started to play well as a group-last weekend being the case in point. I would hate to see any major changes at this time. I like Vassel up front-but then again I like bigger forwards to go along with our skilled players.
          Last edited by DrDemento; 11-12-2009, 05:08 PM.
          Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by IMO View Post
            I have read/heard both York and Polacek quoted in papers and also in press conferences and they seem like humble guys. Their performances speak for themselves and the team wins are what these guys care about. Go Red!
            Agreed, but we are talking about two different issues. Wins are why the teams play.
            Awards, recognition, etc. are important to the players and they also help raise the visibility of the program. It is also about the bad decisions made in the ECAC Office.

Comment

Originally posted by Jasma View Post
              ...It is also about the bad decisions made in the ECAC Office.
              Ooof. Don't go there, that is a thread topic all by itself.
              ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Jasma View Post
                Agreed, but we are talking about two different issues. Wins are why the teams play.
                Awards, recognition, etc. are important to the players and they also help raise the visibility of the program. It is also about the bad decisions made in the ECAC Office.
                Like Burgdoerfer's suspension for a dive? =P

I don't think they only play to win, though. Winning is nice, yes, but it's also about the experience. Also in the ECAC, it's about getting a first class education.

Comment

Originally posted by jmhusker View Post
                  According to the Record, Helfrich is out this weekend. Most likely. Well almost definitely. Of course you never know.

Sounds like the ankle is better. Sometimes. Other times it is worse....

http://www.troyrecord.com/articles/2...d675861001.txt

I think we could get just a good an idea of Tyler's health by asking a magic 8 ball 5 or 6 different times.

Sounds to me like they're babying it. That's a nice luxury to have. It says a lot about the depth of the squad and the confidence that the coaches have in it when their leading scorer can nurse an injury back to 100%. Really though, if his ankle feels great in all situations and they're just worried about it being jarred, they're close to becoming overcautious. I mean, short of lining up and taking shots right at the ankle, there's no way of telling how it'll react.

I'm sure they're making the right call though. Friday and Saturday aren't "must win" games. Plus, he'll be able to ease into things better with a single game weekend at Niagara next week.
                  "Three words: Hard-working. Alpha-male. Jackhammer. Merciless. Insatiable."

Comment

Bob McKenzie was on the North Country Public Radio this morning plugging his new book. He had some very nice things to say about RPI; mentioning the job Appert is doing, as well as the contributions of Pirri and D'Amigo.

Comment

Originally posted by TBone View Post
                      Bob McKenzie was on the North Country Public Radio this morning plugging his new book. He had some very nice things to say about RPI; mentioning the job Appert is doing, as well as the contributions of Pirri and D'Amigo.
                      He was also on Ken Schott's radio segment today. It can be listened to here http://www.foxsports980.com/cc-common/podcast.html
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by The Comeback Kid View Post
                        Sounds to me like they're babying it. That's a nice luxury to have. It says a lot about the depth of the squad and the confidence that the coaches have in it when their leading scorer can nurse an injury back to 100%. Really though, if his ankle feels great in all situations and they're just worried about it being jarred, they're close to becoming overcautious. I mean, short of lining up and taking shots right at the ankle, there's no way of telling how it'll react.

I'm sure they're making the right call though. Friday and Saturday aren't "must win" games. Plus, he'll be able to ease into things better with a single game weekend at Niagara next week.
                        As I have mentioned-I am very conservative when treating ankle injuries. I think rest is most important and am certainly for keeping him out of the lineup if there is any question of his total fitness. I do worry however that this injury may be more serious and nagging than first thought. I cant help but think that SA would want Helfrich in the line up for the North Country if he was at all able to play at full strength. The Niagara game comes up rather quickly and is a mid week game-not much extra time to rest. I would think if he is out for this weekend, he is out for that game also.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                          As I have mentioned-I am very conservative when treating ankle injuries. I think rest is most important and am certainly for keeping him out of the lineup if there is any question of his total fitness. I do worry however that this injury may be more serious and nagging than first thought. I cant help but think that SA would want Helfrich in the line up for the North Country if he was at all able to play at full strength. The Niagara game comes up rather quickly and is a mid week game-not much extra time to rest. I would think if he is out for this weekend, he is out for that game also.
                          I'm not too worried about it, given what he said in the interview before last weekend... "if it was an NCAA tournament game, he'd play".

I agree it seems liek it is nagging, but I don't think we can assume that it is necessarily more "serious" than first thought (if there is really a difference between nagging and serious).

My guess is that Appert is looking at this as, if he just sits these next 2 games, I can get him three more full weeks of rest before we play meaningful hockey. I think the last thing SA wants to happen to is to send TH at anything less than 100%, have his condition deteriorate, and then be potentially dealing with a bad ankle for 4 games in an 8 day stretch - probably the most important such stretch all year - heading into winter break.

Comment

Originally posted by knsmith View Post
                            I'm not too worried about it, given what he said in the interview before last weekend... "if it was an NCAA tournament game, he'd play".

I agree it seems liek it is nagging, but I don't think we can assume that it is necessarily more "serious" than first thought (if there is really a difference between nagging and serious).

My guess is that Appert is looking at this as, if he just sits these next 2 games, I can get him three more full weeks of rest before we play meaningful hockey. I think the last thing SA wants to happen to is to send TH at anything less than 100%, have his condition deteriorate, and then be potentially dealing with a bad ankle for 4 games in an 8 day stretch - probably the most important such stretch all year - heading into winter break.
                            On second thought, this could cut completely the other way - it doesn't matter if he gets set back a little bit this weekend, as he'll have plenty of time to recover before we play any more meaningful hockey. Who knows...

Comment

Originally posted by TBone View Post
                              Bob McKenzie was on the North Country Public Radio this morning plugging his new book...
                              Where was Doug?
                              ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by knsmith View Post

Agreed-My experience with mild ankle injuries is that they take about 6 weeks to heal if you treat them and 42 days to heal if you just rest them

Comment

Working...
                                X