• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2009 - 2010 Part II: I Believe in Seth Appert

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
    Merrimack, Colgate, Quinnipiac, and Clarkson
    Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    RC answered the hard part of your question. The easy parts are that Fairfield did indeed disband (along with Iona) after 02-03 and the players did not have to sit out a year.
    Thank you both.

Has this precedent for not requiring athletes to sit out a year remained a constant, as long as the team drops varsity status? Is it listed anywhere in the NCAA rulebook?

Again, I'm assuming that this is true. But, I'm just trying to double-check my facts.
    Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

RB - I think Bretti was at Iona (and an alumnus there, too).
      Mileage logged, 2005-06: 12759

Comment

Originally posted by RobTricks View Post
        RB - I think Bretti was at Iona (and an alumnus there, too).
        That's what I meant to say after burgie wrote "one from Iona".

I assume that the rule not requiring students to sit out a year of the program is dropped in the their former school is indeed written in the rule book. The rule book is on the NCAA website somewhere (probably NCAA.org, not NCAA.com).
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

According to the Record, Helfrich is out this weekend. Most likely. Well almost definitely. Of course you never know.

Sounds like the ankle is better. Sometimes. Other times it is worse....

http://www.troyrecord.com/articles/2...d675861001.txt

I think we could get just a good an idea of Tyler's health by asking a magic 8 ball 5 or 6 different times.

Comment

Seth is right, our depth is where we want it to be this year and it will be even better next year.

I mean, is anyone overly concerned about having Scott Halpern, Justin Smith, and Jordan Watts step in for these three? I'm really not. I mean, there's certainly a difference, but it's not like these guys are hacks.
            Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by jmhusker View Post
              According to the Record, Helfrich is out this weekend. Most likely. Well almost definitely. Of course you never know.

Sounds like the ankle is better. Sometimes. Other times it is worse....

http://www.troyrecord.com/articles/2...d675861001.txt

I think we could get just a good an idea of Tyler's health by asking a magic 8 ball 5 or 6 different times.
              He is making the trip, and there is a limit to how many players can travel, so SA must feel that he is almost ready.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Seth is right, our depth is where we want it to be this year and it will be even better next year.

I mean, is anyone overly concerned about having Scott Halpern, Justin Smith, and Jordan Watts step in for these three? I'm really not. I mean, there's certainly a difference, but it's not like these guys are hacks.
                Our depth is going to be phemomenal next season, at least up front.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Our depth is going to be phemomenal next season, at least up front.
                  If everyone shows that will be our most depth in memory up front. Some years with injuries it seems like we dont ever have enough defensemen though. If Lee and Rabbani are both out we may feel it a bit if these are banging games. An exciting weekend coming up for sure-but not much chatter on this week's game thread-normally by now the North Country Teams fans would have been heard from more than we have seen. Odd
                  Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                    An exciting weekend coming up for sure-but not much chatter on this week's game thread-normally by now the North Country Teams fans would have been heard from more than we have seen. Odd
                    An improving RPI team, a smackdown by Union in the previous ECAC playoffs, and a 3-6 record explains the silence from Clarkson.

Just lurking..
                    Golden Knights Roundtable

Comment

Originally posted by miker View Post
                      An improving RPI team, a smackdown by Union in the previous ECAC playoffs, and a 3-6 record explains the silence from Clarkson.

Just lurking..
                      Ah, so. Did not think that either north team had only fair weather fans. But then again it has usually been fair weather up there most of the time so hard to tell.
                      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

On some nights we look like the coaches' pick was dead on, on others, we look like a 5th - 8th place team.

The effort is there, but we can't score on the Power(less) play, and dumb penalties kill us. With all that, I would not be surprised with a weekend sweep - either way.
                        CCT '77 & '78
                        4 kids
                        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

I believe I neglected to mention it here, but kudos to Scott Halpern for an outstanding weekend...and not just on the scoresheet. He skated with tons of energy and finished his checks. As I told my neighbors, he skated like a kid who wants more ice time.

Also, my thoughts on Justin Smith's early season play are documented here...love the kid. Suffice it to say he's been a great physical force - with Doc D size - on the ice. I'm excited to see Watts get some time, as he showed glimmers of real burst and energy last year -- not unlike Polacek in style. He did take a few dumb penalties, but that happens with younger players...I'm sure he'll clean that up.
                          ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

That's what I meant to say after burgie wrote "one from Iona".

I assume that the rule not requiring students to sit out a year of the program is dropped in the their former school is indeed written in the rule book. The rule book is on the NCAA website somewhere (probably NCAA.org, not NCAA.com).
                            The NCAA has a 33 page guide on transferring which details all the rules, regulations, and exceptions. One exception to the rule requiring transfers to sit out a year is if your sport is discontinued at the school you're transferring from. You must transfer after it is announced the program will be discontinued. It's on page 21 at the following link:

http://www.ncaapublications.com/Uplo...6f5ab746df.pdf
                            APBWiki

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                              Ah, so. Did not think that either north team had only fair weather fans. But then again it has usually been fair weather up there most of the time so hard to tell.
                              Didn't mean to imply fair weather. Just cautiously anticipating what will happen this week-end. RPI is significantly improved talent wise, and should be a renewed challenge. Seems the ECAC is getting tougher each year with very few easy week-ends. Small improvements in "your team" may not be enough for the next year..

As far as this Knight fan goes - I'm still trying to figure out where this team is headed and what can be fixed? Seem to have the talent, just "same ol same ol" with dumb penalties, lack of timely scoring, and poor defensive decision making.
                              Last edited by miker; 11-12-2009, 12:51 PM.
                              Golden Knights Roundtable

Comment

Originally posted by GRussinko View Post
                                One exception to the rule requiring transfers to sit out a year is if your sport is discontinued at the school you're transferring from. You must transfer after it is announced the program will be discontinued.
                                Thanks. I figured some RPI fans would have the specifics (and a link to back it up).
                                Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Working...
                                X