This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2009 - 2010 Part II: I Believe in Seth Appert

Only two games into the ECAC season but which team has given up the least goals? Even Cornell has given up 4. I thought Yales d was weaker than I thought it would be this year but RPI O had something to do with it. I also thought Harvard d would be weaker and they have been giving up 14 goals in 3 games . Except fot Biega their returning defensemen were not the usual quality. H*** never impressed me & Grimshaw is still quite young. Helfrich comes back this weekend? Nice to see Smith skate over to Yales #22 after the game and express his dissatisfaction with his play. Probably a warning for next time.

Comment

RPI ranked in 22nd in the first Pairwise Rankings of the season.

It's a bit foolish to do these things so early, but hey, whatever.
      R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Havasu M View Post
        Only two games into the ECAC season but which team has given up the least goals?
        Did you know that the answer is RPI when you asked this?
        Mileage logged, 2005-06: 12759

Comment

Yes I think as the season goes on, holding Yale to two goals will be hard to duplicate. Broc Little will be all EcAc Arcobello & ONeil will get their share. It is what we thought the last couple of years there was so much pressure on the RPI defense because the offense was inept. Not any more. The improvement in skill level passing collecting passes & play making is obvious. Pirri has a shot D'Amigo plays big both ways and they do make everyone look better. Polacek is on fire.

Comment

Just took a look at the ECAC players of the week. Considering we beat the conference favorite and had the leading scorer while our goalie allowed the fewest goals in the league I thought we might grab one of the awards. Not the case though. I guess we will just have to sweep the NC trip this weekend in order to convince folks of our worthiness.

Comment

Originally posted by jmhusker View Post
              Just took a look at the ECAC players of the week. Considering we beat the conference favorite and had the leading scorer while our goalie allowed the fewest goals in the league I thought we might grab one of the awards. Not the case though. I guess we will just have to sweep the NC trip this weekend in order to convince folks of our worthiness.
              It never hurts to fly under the radar, although we won't be able to do it for long.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                It never hurts to fly under the radar, although we won't be able to do it for long.
                The longer the better, although Polacek has been boned out of POTW two weeks running now. It was more egregious this week.
                Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                  The longer the better, although Polacek has been boned out of POTW two weeks running now. It was more egregious this week.
                  We have had a history of this kind of thing-makes you wonder who are these voters?
                  Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Fine by me as well RB. So long as the W's keep coming and our ECAC opponents continue to display that "deer in the headlights" look after the final horn blows...
                    ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by jmhusker View Post
                      Certainly was an interesting choice to leave RPI out of both Player and Goalie of the week; especially when colgate got two awards.

Comment

Originally posted by Jasma View Post
                        Certainly was an interesting choice to leave RPI out of both Player and Goalie of the week; especially when colgate got two awards.
                        A Harvard blogger gave Polacek the #1 ECAC star of the week http://whrbsports.blogspot.com/2009/...ac-week-2.html. (It's near the bottom.)
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                          That's ok, they're saving the Hobey Baker award for him :-)

...hey, if USCHO can start putting up the PWR and Bracketology this early, then we can start talking about the Hobey Baker too!

Comment

They are talking about Hobey Baker as well. Although Polacek isn't mentioned there either .

http://www.uscho.com/blogs/uscho/hobey-watch

Only Brandon Wong of the Bobcats is mentioned. Though to be fair, the latest post was from November 4th. Still, I don't think RPI can be miffed for far too long . Something's gotta give.

Comment

Ken Schott's blog http://www.dailygazette.com/weblogs/...oubtful-again/

Helfrich: doubtful
                              Rabbani: probable
                              Lee: questionable (didn't realize that he was injured)
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Ken Schott's blog http://www.dailygazette.com/weblogs/...oubtful-again/

Helfrich: doubtful
                                Rabbani: probable
                                Lee: questionable (didn't realize that he was injured)
                                Beginning to think that Helfrich's injury is a bit more serious than was first believed. Ankles are tricky but minor ankle injuries usually respond fairly rapidly. Hope this is not one of those season long nagging things. The news on Lee is a surprise to me also.
                                Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Working...
                                X