X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2009 - 2010 Part II: I Believe in Seth Appert

Originally posted by RHamilton View Post
    As of right now, no, we don't. It's something we'd like to start doing. I've been pushing for us to shoot post-game press conferences and pre-game interviews with WRPI.

I believe right now the post-game press conference is shot by Kevin Beattie of RPI Athletics.

Also, I'm going to try to get a small crew together to shoot all 4 Thanksgiving Break games featuring RPI vs. Bentley, Union vs. Lake Superior State, and some combination of the above on Saturday (hopefully RPI vs Union in the championship game!). Most of our club will be on vacation, but I'll be around. At a bare minimum, we'll be able to provide coverage better than the normal B2 single camera, and in all likelihood I'll be streaming to Ustream.

In other RPI sports news, we'll be broadcasting this weekend's football game against Merchant Marine at 1:00 on Saturday, and possibly men's soccer on Sunday (if they win the first round of the NCAA Tournament on Saturday).
    GREAT!!!!!!!
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Went to Engineers game Friday, listened to Sat game watched a little bit of the Union game. It was nice to see all six Union fans in attendance

pathetic

Comment

Originally posted by Beman View Post
        Went to Engineers game Friday, listened to Sat game watched a little bit of the Union game. It was nice to see all six Union fans in attendance

pathetic
        Are you saying it wasn't a sellout? I mean, every Union game I've ever been to was sold out.
        Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by RHamilton View Post
          As of right now, no, we don't. It's something we'd like to start doing. I've been pushing for us to shoot post-game press conferences and pre-game interviews with WRPI.

I believe right now the post-game press conference is shot by Kevin Beattie of RPI Athletics.

Also, I'm going to try to get a small crew together to shoot all 4 Thanksgiving Break games featuring RPI vs. Bentley, Union vs. Lake Superior State, and some combination of the above on Saturday (hopefully RPI vs Union in the championship game!). Most of our club will be on vacation, but I'll be around. At a bare minimum, we'll be able to provide coverage better than the normal B2 single camera, and in all likelihood I'll be streaming to Ustream.

In other RPI sports news, we'll be broadcasting this weekend's football game against Merchant Marine at 1:00 on Saturday, and possibly men's soccer on Sunday (if they win the first round of the NCAA Tournament on Saturday).

I would just like to thank you R. Hamilton for all that you do . Your eagerness is just exciting to see ! For the fans that can't make every game , this makes watching the games so much better . Keep up the great work and Thank you again and again !

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
            I failed to mention the great job the Greeks did in making HFH rock on Saturday night. I hope RPI keeps winning and the Greeks keep representing at the games...
            Yeah, it's nice when they show up for once. I'm sorry, but until greeks regularly come to games in which they are not being honored, I can't take their 'enthusiasm' seriously (the shirtless section on Saturday seemed to get much quieter once they had officially won the evening's 'most spirited' award). Over my six years as a season ticket holder, greek attendance at games has seemingly plummeted.

For those that do show up regularly to games, hoorah. Keep cheering for our Engineers until your throats are cherry red.
            Proud founder of the First Church of RPI Hockey

Comment

According to my sources, there has been some infighting among Greeks when it comes to who sits where - the traditional seating arrangements have been upset, apparently, in Sections 14, 15, 16, 22, and 33, and it is to the detriment of the atmosphere.

For my money, though, Sections 15 and 16 do sound pretty good. I'm disappointed that 22 isn't as rambunctious as it used to be when I held court there.

Comment

Originally posted by Interested View Post
                I would just like to thank you R. Hamilton for all that you do . Your eagerness is just exciting to see ! For the fans that can't make every game , this makes watching the games so much better . Keep up the great work and Thank you again and again !
                I agree 100%. Mr. Hamilton - if you are ever out in the Boston area for a game and I happen to run into you I will gladly buy you a beer.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                  According to my sources, there has been some infighting among Greeks when it comes to who sits where - the traditional seating arrangements have been upset, apparently, in Sections 14, 15, 16, 22, and 33, and it is to the detriment of the atmosphere.

For my money, though, Sections 15 and 16 do sound pretty good. I'm disappointed that 22 isn't as rambunctious as it used to be when I held court there.
                  Traditional arrangements? What ever happened to the first house in hockey line gets the best seats? We slept out for weeks back in the day. Of course we had a keg to keep us company at all times then. My understanding is that this would be frowned upon these days.

Comment

Originally posted by jmhusker View Post
                    Traditional arrangements? What ever happened to the first house in hockey line gets the best seats? We slept out for weeks back in the day. Of course we had a keg to keep us company at all times then. My understanding is that this would be frowned upon these days.
                    The usual Hockey Line festivities took place this year, but there were only a couple of groups that waited in line for the whole two week duration. A number of frats showed up the night before the tickets went on sale, but as a whole the event is becoming less and less important with time, which is quite a shame.

RPI TV actually covered a bit of the Hockey Line activity, the first 1:30 or so of this news piece covers the 2009 Hockey Line:
                    http://www.rpitv.org/productions/200...-Elections/HQ/

And thanks for all the support! I'm quite pleased with the viewership we've been receiving on the Ustream feed. High viewership demonstrates demand for our product, which will help us negotiate with RPI Athletics and allow us to provide an official, higher-quality stream in years to come.
                    RPI Class of 2012
                    Visit rpitv.org to watch almost every RPI Hockey home game LIVE, as well as a huge collection of on demand games from this season and seasons past, all for FREE!

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post

Out of tradition for Black Friday, I had to take my old seats in section 33. However, I strategically moved myself over a few seats so I was right behind Yale's penalty box.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                        Out of tradition for Black Friday, I had to take my old seats in section 33. However, I strategically moved myself over a few seats so I was right behind Yale's penalty box.
                        I for one was very disappointed with the crowd on Black Friday. Just over 3000. and even the student section had way too many empty seats.
                        The game was great so the enthusiasm was way up, but another 100 people would have raised the roof.
                        Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                        Benjamin Franklin
                        The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                        Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by jmhusker View Post
                          Yeah, well, for years after the supports were removed, houses settled into "their" sections. Regardless of where they were in line, pretty much house was satisfied with where they had seats and everyone stuck to their own sections. That seems to have changed in recent years and it has led to some infighting, old man.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                            Someone apparently thinks that it is too cartoonish.
                            You are being very diplomatic here...that someone is your thread's namesake.
                            Like a turkey at Thanksgiving, I'm stuffed

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                              I for one was very disappointed with the crowd on Black Friday. Just over 3000. and even the student section had way too many empty seats.
                              The game was great so the enthusiasm was way up, but another 100 people would have raised the roof.
                              Meh, give it time. The big games will come.

Comment

The big question of the day is how did Frank Wilson get my phone number.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X