OhhowIhate... NMU @ tOSU, 11/6-11/7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: OhhowIhate... NMU @ tOSU, 11/6-11/7

Would anyone disagree if I said that Oystrick was the epitomy of what playing with "heart" stands for and means? He is my all-time favorite Wildcat. I've never seen a guy play with more emotion, grit, talent and heart than that guy.
    TECH STILL SUCKS!

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Blanks View Post
      Would anyone disagree if I said that Oystrick was the epitomy of what playing with "heart" stands for and means? He is my all-time favorite Wildcat. I've never seen a guy play with more emotion, grit, talent and heart than that guy.
      So, funny story about Oystie that I don't remember if I shared this here earlier this year or not...

I went to a Rockford Icehogs vs Chicago Wolves game earlier this year... Oystie is playing and starts having trouble with a Rockford player... They are poking and jabbing at each other for 2 shifts before things start to boil over...

The Icehogs dump the puck into the Wolves zone and the player that is bickering with Oystie leaves the ice with a shift change... Oystie stays on the ice... Not 5 seconds later, the Wolves ice the puck... Oystie is stuck on the ice per the icing rules, so he passes the time by jawing with the Rockford player... They both exchange words during the stoppage... Icehogs change lines with the stoppage... At the last second, the player that is jawing with Nathan grabs a teammate and takes his spot on the line at the last second... Everyone knows what is coming next

As soon as the puck drops, off come the gloves... Each guy gets a shot or two in, but nothing spectacular... Now this is where it gets fun, and you see Oystrick at his best... The Rockford guy gets a solid uppercut in that drops Oystrick... At this point, the linesmen jump in and break things up...

Only problem is that Nathan isn't done... He pops right back up and continues swinging... OVER THE LINESMEN As the linemen are trying to corral him, his mouth continues to run at about 100 MPH... The linesmen finally get Oystie corralled and heading to the box... As soon as Oystrick gets in the box, he immidiately gets on the glass and continues to jaw at the opposing player in the opposite box...

At this point, there is about 2:30 left to go in the 2nd... Well, the refs had heard enough and decide that Oystie needs to go to the locker room... Oystie continues to jaw the whole way to the tunnel, which is located behind one of the goals... Both teams must exit using the same tunnel.. It's announced that he got a 5 min. for fighting at that time, and nothing else...

Period ends, teams leave... Just before the start of the 3rd, it's announced that Mr. Oystrick recieved a 10 minute GAME MISCONDUCT at 20:00 of the 2nd... Apparently Oystie was waiting in the tunnel at the end of the period and felt the need to get a few more words in during the intermission

The people I was at the game with couldn't figure out why I found that whole ordeal so funny and ironic... You really had to know him to get the idea that he wasn't a thug or tough guy... Great times...
      It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

I think Oystrick would most certainly be classified as a tough guy. I remember reading something about him once. Someone asked him what he was most looking forward to when he made it to the NHL. I'm pretty sure his response was "my first fight".

He was also a BIG fighter in Juniors. In fact, someone told me that he didn't lose one fight....ever.
        TECH STILL SUCKS!

Comment

I know a lot of 'Cats fans are down about the team's start but from where I sit you guys have had one of the toughest schedules in the nation to start off the season....If this team is like the NMU teams of the past couple of years then i see your playing style meshing up very well with that of OSU...especially with the Buckeyes questionable goaltending situation...this is a very possible sweep for the 'Cats, however if somehow the 'Cats do get swept then it may be time to start getting a tad bit worried.

Comment

I'm a tad worried right now. If we can pull out of Columbus with at least 2 points I will take a few fingers off the panic button.
            TECH STILL SUCKS!

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
              At least at end of periods and post game, may try to do goals or penalties as time allows, but will be numbers not names, such as 18 from 21, 7 13:35 ppg or 2 hold 12:07
              This information may be the selling point for me to sign up to twitter, just to get these updates.

It is possible to get twitter updates pushed to a cell phone as text message updates, right? I may need to consult Diva and/or 'Bando.

AnchorsAway: We have had the toughest opening schedule every year. It gets tiring. That would be like LSSU losing to Michigan for three years straight.

... oh wait.
              “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                This information may be the selling point for me to sign up to twitter, just to get these updates.

It is possible to get twitter updates pushed to a cell phone as text message updates, right? I may need to consult Diva and/or 'Bando.

AnchorsAway: We have had the toughest opening schedule every year. It gets tiring. That would be like LSSU losing to Michigan for three years straight.

... oh wait.
                If you have a Twitter account, you can activate it so you can receive updates on your phone, yes.
                Always a Wildcat...
                Originally posted by Kepler
                If you quote the derp you are spreading the derp. Please help keep the board derp-free.

Comment

Hey davyd, why the Sat-Sun and now time change for Saturday's game at ND? Is it a confict with football?

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post

... oh wait.

Twitter is great for game updates. You can also get Big Ten updates, CCHA updates, and GLIAC updates (if any of those sound interesting).

Comment

Originally posted by NMUFAN View Post
                      Hey davyd, why the Sat-Sun and now time change for Saturday's game at ND? Is it a confict with football?
                      Correct, the ND football game is at 8pm.
                      TECH STILL SUCKS!

Comment

Originally posted by boot_walt_kyle View Post
                        Twitter is great for game updates. You can also get Big Ten updates, CCHA updates, and GLIAC updates (if any of those sound interesting).
                        I just signed up and I have no clue how to get them pushed to my blackberry. Can you walk me through it?
                        TECH STILL SUCKS!

Comment

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/new...5_changing.php
                          Wildcat Hockey!

B.S. NMU 11'
                          M.B.A. Marquette University 13'

Comment

I guess Stewie is the starter this weekend...I wonder how short that leash will be.

Understatment of the year: The 'Cats need to get in the lead early and on the board FIRST.
                            Cat Chat, The U.P's best College Sports Show. Check us out at www.catchattv.org

Born a Black Bear
                            1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012

A NMU Wildcat for Life
                            1980 1981 1989 1991 1992 1993 1999 2010

NMU Hockey
                            2006-2007: 15-24-2
                            2007-2008: 20-20-4
                            2008-2009: 18-16-5

1903 1912 1915 1916 1918 2004 2007

Comment

Hey Dave, I'm going to follow you on Twitter but I need to ask that you follow me back, otherwise if I Tweet anything to you you won't be able to see it (my updates are protected). I sent you my Twitter username as a rep on USCHO.
                              Last edited by hockeybando; 11-06-2009, 08:48 AM.
                              sigpic

MinnesotaNorthStar: bando > all of you
                              streaker:There isn't a team in this league she doesn't mention, (well, okay, she probably doesn't know there is a team in Marquette) if it does something worth mentioning.
                              TwitchBoy: what the heck, GO CATS GO CATS GOCATSGO!

Comment

Originally posted by NMU8405 View Post
                                I guess Stewie is the starter this weekend...I wonder how short that leash will be.

Understatment of the year: The 'Cats need to get in the lead early and on the board FIRST.
                                Stewie starting really worries me. He hasn't looked like himself early this season and I think a little time on the bench to collect himself and get back to form might be needed. I think this is a very questionable decision by Walt. Also Cherichawan needs to be inactive for this weekend to send a message. His stupid penalties are killing NMU and we're better off with him sitting than racking up 5 min. penalties

Comment

Working...
                                X