Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: OhhowIhate... NMU @ tOSU, 11/6-11/7

Originally posted by aceman5434 View Post
    Even though the Cats are 1-3-1, I think they have a great chance of sweeping Ohio State, regardless of their past records. I believe Ellingson will start this weekend. The offense showed that they can compete with the #1 ranked team in the country. Even though the score didn't show it, they gained a lot of momentum for this weekend.
    Nice first post. If we can catch OSU napping we may be able to steal 3 points this weekend and get right back into the thick of things. Doing well this weekend changes our season around completely.

2-3-2 or 3-3-1 is a helluva lot better than 1-5-1.
    TECH STILL SUCKS!

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
      Cats fans can now follow with Twitter @daveonthepoint
      I searched that and got nothing... link please?
      Always a Wildcat...
      Originally posted by Kepler
      If you quote the derp you are spreading the derp. Please help keep the board derp-free.

Comment

Try without the @
        "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
          Try without the @
          Also nothing.
          Always a Wildcat...
          If you quote the derp you are spreading the derp. Please help keep the board derp-free.

Comment

Originally posted by nmupiccdiva View Post
            Also nothing.
            http://***********/daveonthepoint
            sigpic

MinnesotaNorthStar: bando > all of you
            streaker:There isn't a team in this league she doesn't mention, (well, okay, she probably doesn't know there is a team in Marquette) if it does something worth mentioning.
            TwitchBoy: what the heck, GO CATS GO CATS GOCATSGO!

Comment

Thanks!
              "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Got it! Will you be updating during broadcasts??
                Always a Wildcat...

Comment

At least at end of periods and post game, may try to do goals or penalties as time allows, but will be numbers not names, such as 18 from 21, 7 13:35 ppg or 2 hold 12:07

Comment

You can also tweet questions comment or just let us know who you are and where you are listening from and we'll give ya a shout. I'll try to answer on air. I used to do pretty much the same with AOL IM back in 05-06. It's a great way for me to get feedback and to have fans involved. Now, it'll be nearly impossible to get everything 100%, but I'll do as much as I can without detracting from the broadcasts.

Comment

For twitter updates, check out www.catchattv.org. We are at every home hockey game and update twitter often.
                      www.catchattv.org - The UP's #1 sports show

Comment

Yes. He looked decent down here last March. There hasn't been a strong leader for this program since Oystrick in 2003 and a player who played with heart since Riipi in 2001. The recruits of the Kyle era really haven't earned the title of the hardest working team in college hockey. There are no excuses this year, the players such as Olver and others are now upper classman and I am tired of lame excuses. I would take the 1998-99 team over this years team anyday BECAUSE they played with HEART. Nonetheless, GO CATS.
                        Last edited by kariya; 11-05-2009, 12:03 PM.

Comment

I hooked up with about small group of alums out here in Arizona. One of the new board members for the Alumni Association is out here. Does anyone know when the Wildcat Night is this year?

I just signed up as one of your followers Dave. How ironic is that? My screen name is NMUMAN. Now, I'm the lemming! hahahaha
                          TECH STILL SUCKS!

Comment

He best way to deal with those disagree is not to silence them, rather to educate them. Thanks for signing on BB. As for Kariyas statement about no one playing with heart since Riips finished, I'm wondering what his experience is in the game? Or can you just tell from the 14th row. Because I've seen alot of guys with alot of heart in Green and Gold in the past 8 years. What you can see from the stands is only a small view of who's got heart and who's a leader. In the minor pro portion of my career we had a guy who shook hands, kissed babies, knocked back a beer or two with fans, fought well and often and was loved by the fans. They were quite upset when he was released. How could we let go of a team leader was a popular query. They were all unaware that he was arrogant, selfish and generally disrespectful of his coach and teammates, and the guy they all thought played with so much heart was usually the first to shut it down when times were tough. So don't always believe what you think you see, because you often don't know. There are plenty of guys on this team and the past squads that play and have played with plenty of heart. To say otherwise is far from reality.
                            Last edited by davyd83; 11-05-2009, 03:35 PM.

Comment

great post, davyd...

If you aren't in the room, you don't really know what is being said - who is the motivator, the leader, the ***-kicker, etc. Some people never say anything but lead by playing hard from whistle to whistle...I will say if your goalie comes out hot, stopping everything in sight, it fires up the team.

Which guy that is gonna be for NMU this year, remains to be seen.

Comment

Next Saturdays game at Notre Dame has been moved up to a 5:05 start.

Comment

Working...
                                X