OhhowIhate... NMU @ tOSU, 11/6-11/7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: OhhowIhate... NMU @ tOSU, 11/6-11/7

Where are the Ohio State fans? I heard that students get into the games for free now. They should be getting at least 15,000 people a night in that place if that's the case...
    TECH STILL SUCKS!

Comment

Originally posted by boot_walt_kyle View Post
      It reminds me of a little kid putting their fingers in their ears and screaming, "la la la la, I can't hear you." A truly adult way of dealing with someone whose opinion you disagree with.
      What do you expect from her? She's never been a fan of this team when they were good. She doesn't even know what it feels like to see NMU go beyond the 3rd place game at Joe Louis. She is a child, give her a break.
      TECH STILL SUCKS!

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Blanks View Post
        Where are the Ohio State fans? I heard that students get into the games for free now. They should be getting at least 15,000 people a night in that place if that's the case...
        tOSU has an average of 1900 students per game. Thats a whopping 8.0%
        Cat Chat, The U.P's best College Sports Show. Check us out at www.catchattv.org

Born a Black Bear
        1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012

A NMU Wildcat for Life
        1980 1981 1989 1991 1992 1993 1999 2010

NMU Hockey
        2006-2007: 15-24-2
        2007-2008: 20-20-4
        2008-2009: 18-16-5

1903 1912 1915 1916 1918 2004 2007

Comment

I just bumped their season thread and let them know there was a game thread going on. Hopefully that will bring them in.
          Always a Wildcat...
          Originally posted by Kepler
          If you quote the derp you are spreading the derp. Please help keep the board derp-free.

Comment

Originally posted by NMU8405 View Post
            tOSU has an average of 1900 students per game. Thats a whopping 8.0%
            Yeah, as much as I ***** about the lack of fan support at NMU, it could be much much much worse. tOSU is the prime example of this.

Comment

Originally posted by redhawkman10 View Post
              No no we don't want to see you in the playoffs...because we have seen that song and dance before and I personally am tired of losing to you guys in march....
              So is Western ... oh and MSU

Comment

I think it also spoke volume when Walt sent Olver to the box to serve Chewy's 5 min major for "ripping the facemask."

Usually you will see the third/fourth line players sitting in there. I think that sent a message to Olver.

I also read a post game (not sure where) and Walt listed a few players by name. I dont want to throw out the names because Im not sure 100% who they were, but I was also surprised to read that strong of a quote from Walt.

I really feel that the third period vs. Maimi on Friday was like the come back win vs. Wisconsin which pushed them to 16 wins in 2009. Granted, they didnt win Saturday night, but that was the best team play put forth by the 'Cats and I really do feel that if this wasnt against Miami, it would have been a W for Northern. I'd say the team played 55 minutes, not where we want to be...but its an improvement.
                Having Olver serve out the final 2:13 or so of the penalty had nothing to do with sending a message. To infer anything of the sort is incorrect. NMU had to have a player in the box before the penalty ended. It had to be a player who was on the ice at the time of the infraction. Olver was sent so he would match up with his line mates at full strength. Nothing more. Nothing less.
                "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

This series scares the daylights out of me. I dont care how bad things are rigth now for them with teh wday olver scores against osu and Stewart in net they are very dangerous. Being at home and coming home after that loss and shootout win over ND i am hoping they come out insipried to get atleast 5points on the weekend.
                  Last edited by klbaum1077; 11-03-2009, 12:14 PM.

Comment

I think it also spoke volume when Walt sent Olver to the box to serve Chewy's 5 min major for "ripping the facemask."

Usually you will see the third/fourth line players sitting in there. I think that sent a message to Olver.

I also read a post game (not sure where) and Walt listed a few players by name. I dont want to throw out the names because Im not sure 100% who they were, but I was also surprised to read that strong of a quote from Walt.

I really feel that the third period vs. Maimi on Friday was like the come back win vs. Wisconsin which pushed them to 16 wins in 2009. Granted, they didnt win Saturday night, but that was the best team play put forth by the 'Cats and I really do feel that if this wasnt against Miami, it would have been a W for Northern. I'd say the team played 55 minutes, not where we want to be...but its an improvement.
                    Why would we be wanting to send a message to Olver? I mean, besides the usual puck-hog thing he has going on, it seems like he's having a pretty decent start.
                    Always a Wildcat...
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    If you quote the derp you are spreading the derp. Please help keep the board derp-free.

Comment

Did TJ Miller have the flu this past weekend? I hadn't heard anything about why he didn't play.

I like the analogy to BrettFavre Dave brought up concerning Olver during the post game show Saturday. He'll occasionally do something maddening and then turn around and create a glorius scoring chance.

Comment

Oh, and congrats to Olver for being named CCHA offensive player of the week. It's not often a player gets accolades after getting swept.

Hopefully a few more players step up their game to Mark's level soon.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                          Having Olver serve out the final 2:13 or so of the penalty had nothing to do with sending a message. To infer anything of the sort is incorrect. NMU had to have a player in the box before the penalty ended. It had to be a player who was on the ice at the time of the infraction. Olver was sent so he would match up with his line mates at full strength. Nothing more. Nothing less.
                          Thanks for clearing that up Dave.
                          Cat Chat, The U.P's best College Sports Show. Check us out at www.catchattv.org

Born a Black Bear
                          1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012

A NMU Wildcat for Life
                          1980 1981 1989 1991 1992 1993 1999 2010

NMU Hockey
                          2006-2007: 15-24-2
                          2007-2008: 20-20-4
                          2008-2009: 18-16-5

1903 1912 1915 1916 1918 2004 2007

Comment

Originally posted by NMUFAN View Post
                            Oh, and congrats to Olver for being named CCHA offensive player of the week. It's not often a player gets accolades after getting swept.

Hopefully a few more players step up their game to Mark's level soon.
                            I worry about Olver. Last season, he tended to try to put the team on his back and win tough games by himself. He's a good player and a great guy, but he can't feel like he needs to carry the team to victories. I remember him last year taking defended shots while more open teammates were around him - I don't think it was him being selfish, I think it was a lack of confidence in teammates and a desire to carry the team as a leader.

Comment

Originally posted by klbaum1077 View Post
                              This series scares the daylights out of me. I dont care how bad things are rigth now for them with teh wday olver scores against osu and Stewart in net they are very dangerous. Being at home and coming home after that loss and shootout win over ND i am hoping they come out insipried to get atleast 5points on the weekend.
                              This post makes about as much sense as the spelling inside of it.....
                              Wildcat Hockey!

B.S. NMU 11'
                              M.B.A. Marquette University 13'

Comment

That 1900 isn't student but total attendance. With how Mich it costs to keep ice there and the general apathy towards the ice program I woulnt be surprised to see the team pushed back to the womens rink

Comment

Working...
                                X