No announcement yet.

Yale & Brown @ RPI & Union (11/6, 11/7)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yale & Brown @ RPI & Union (11/6, 11/7)

The league season starts.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Re: Yale & Brown @ RPI & Union (11/6, 11/7)

We will have to do a lot more right against these 2 than we did against Army. We have to keep using the weapons we have-speed and skill. We cannot afford to get into a physical pushing and shoving game with teams that are bigger. We had lots of shots but few quality chances against Army and we just could not keep them from being in front of the net for 2 close in scores against us. No one gives Brown much credit but they usually play a collapsing defensive style that can be very frustrating-and Yale is probably the class of the league with all the weapons. We should get a good look at how we'll do in league play right away with the results of these 2 games.
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
      We will have to do a lot more right against these 2 than we did against Army. We have to keep using the weapons we have-speed and skill. We cannot afford to get into a physical pushing and shoving game with teams that are bigger. We had lots of shots but few quality chances against Army and we just could not keep them from being in front of the net for 2 close in scores against us. No one gives Brown much credit but they usually play a collapsing defensive style that can be very frustrating-and Yale is probably the class of the league with all the weapons. We should get a good look at how we'll do in league play right away with the results of these 2 games.
      Tonight's game may be like that cold bucket of water...

Ralph, DrD.. there was this Yale poster who used to visit on our threads a bit. Class poster, seemed like a good guy... (remember the Ben Barr playoff v Union... rockets crashing/rockets soaring) what was his name? Anyone heard from him?
      Last edited by fr joe; 10-31-2009, 08:51 PM.
      Here we come!

Comment

Ylae comes out in the 3rd and lights it up with 4 unanswered goals in NJ to win 5-2. Don't know if Kalemba was between the pipes, but this is an impressive result against a strong team. They look to be strong coming and they always seem stonger after playing their travel partner the night before . The season is here....at last

Comment

Originally posted by OsecnUC View Post
          Ylae comes out in the 3rd and lights it up with 4 unanswered goals in NJ to win 5-2. Don't know if Kalemba was between the pipes, but this is an impressive result against a strong team. They look to be strong coming and they always seem stonger after playing their travel partner the night before . The season is here....at last
          from the bottom to the top of the ecac in three years.

Comment

Once again, RPI TV will be covering this next weekend's games featuring Yale (Black Friday) and Brown live on campus cable and B2 networks.

I will be providing an unofficial stream of the RPI TV feed captured from a TV Tuner in my dorm room for the enjoyment of RPI Hockey fans. The stream is available here:
            http://www.ustream.tv/channel/rpi-tv...all-and-hockey

Please feel free to drop by, view the stream, and chat in the Ustream chatroom.

Note that due to contract reasons with B2, the above stream is "unofficial", provided by me as an individual and not by RPI TV.

Next year, we anticipate being free of B2, which will allow us to stream all home games for free for students and alums and at a small price for the general populace. Under our current terms with B2, RPI TV sees absolutely no financial return from providing them with our stream. RPI TV is a student-run, union-funded, volunteer based video and television club at RPI.

Here's some highlights of what you can expect from RPI TV:
            --Five camera angles, including an overhead faceoff camera and two ice level cameras
            --Live scoreboard with penalty and scoring information
            --Audio provided by WRPI (with increased crowd ambiance)
            --Player titles with basic information and statistics
            --Instant Replays (still a work in progress)

As always, RPI TV maintains a back catalog of hockey games which can be viewed on our website for free here: http://www.rpitv.org/productions/sports

As we speak, our Mac Pro is encoding tonight's game vs. Army. I expect it will be available on our website a little after midnight. EDIT: Out now: http://www.rpitv.org/productions/200...Hockey-vs-Army

We're always looking for ways to improve our productions, so feedback is appreciated via email at sports@rpitv.org, or contact me directly at hamilr2@rpi.edu.
            Last edited by RHamilton; 10-31-2009, 11:40 PM.
            RPI Class of 2012
            Visit rpitv.org to watch almost every RPI Hockey home game LIVE, as well as a huge collection of on demand games from this season and seasons past, all for FREE!

Comment

Originally posted by RHamilton View Post
              Please feel free to drop by, view the stream, and chat in the Ustream chatroom.
              you would think it would be the RPIstream chatroom. Union is funding it, hosting the chat....are you sure this is the RPI club?

Comment

Originally posted by fr joe View Post
                Tonight's game may be like that cold bucket of water...

Ralph, DrD.. there was this Yale poster who used to visit on our threads a bit. Class poster, seemed like a good guy... (remember the Ben Barr playoff v Union... rockets crashing/rockets soaring) what was his name? Anyone heard from him?
                I think that I know whom you are talking about, but I can't think of his handle at the moment. He stopped posting.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                  I think that I know whom you are talking about, but I can't think of his handle at the moment. He stopped posting.
                  ttnorm and redrocker
                  Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                    ttnorm and redrocker
                    I was thinking about ttnorm. IIRC, he was a fan. He did not attend Yale.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Brown has a totally revamped style of playing. I'll let the players' actions do the talking before jumping to any conclusions about how good or bad we are, but we shut out Princeton in regulation on Friday and unloaded 31 shots on Zane Kalemba (Trivia: when was the last time a Brown team accomplished this shot count?).

I think teams will, if nothing else, have more trouble with Brown this year. They're a scrappy, feisty bunch, and now they attack and defend aggressively. And we have 3 talented goalies, including Clemente, who blanked Harvard at home in the playoffs two games in a row last season.

I'm definitely positive about our prospects this season, but again, won't start smack-talking or anything until we actually win a game.

Comment

Originally posted by kdiff77 View Post
                        Brown has a totally revamped style of playing. I'll let the players' actions do the talking before jumping to any conclusions about how good or bad we are, but we shut out Princeton in regulation on Friday and unloaded 31 shots on Zane Kalemba (Trivia: when was the last time a Brown team accomplished this shot count?).

I think teams will, if nothing else, have more trouble with Brown this year. They're a scrappy, feisty bunch, and now they attack and defend aggressively. And we have 3 talented goalies, including Clemente, who blanked Harvard at home in the playoffs two games in a row last season.

I'm definitely positive about our prospects this season, but again, won't start smack-talking or anything until we actually win a game.
                        It is true that you are in the same boat as us: completely throwing last year's playoffs for a loop. And I have to thank you guys for winning that, so I could see my team play again. Cornell is a MUCH easier drive than Yale.

We'll see what happens; your goalies will definitely have a good test against us. We learned how to shoot.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                          It is true that you are in the same boat as us: completely throwing last year's playoffs for a loop. And I have to thank you guys for winning that, so I could see my team play again. Cornell is a MUCH easier drive than Yale.
                          Not to mention that Yale would probably have punked us out, whereas Cornell had to whine their way into Albany.
                          Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Brown always gave Union more than they could handle under their Grillo style, so nothing will surprise me next weekend. I'm sure their new coach is working on his own system and Bruno should be playing angry and with a nothing to lose attitude in view of the lack of respect in the preseason prognostication (including Vicb's poll). Brown's goalies are generally very good as well or at least U made them look good.

Yale looks like its hitting on all cylinders already, lighting the lamp four consecutive times last night against Mr. Kalemba. I also think their so called question mark in goal may be overstated and wishful thinking by their opponents.

Union has outscored opponents by 4 goals overall but has been outscored 13-4 on powerplay goals. Obviously their dumb penalties and poor PK have to be addressed. I have faith in the coaching staff to figure this out...eventually.

I wouldn't worry too much about RPI's loss last night. There had to be a bit of a letdown after the dramatic and emotional win against U know who, but they outplayed Army at least as far as SA is concerned and came up against a red hot goalie.

Let's hope that next weekend begins a new tradition of the "dreaded Capital District Trip."

Comment

Originally posted by OsecnUC View Post
                              ...Don't know if Kalemba was between the pipes...
                              He was.
                              ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Working...
                              X