No announcement yet.

Yale & Brown @ RPI & Union (11/6, 11/7)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Yale & Brown @ RPI & Union (11/6, 11/7)

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
    We are such a friendly bunch here on the RPI threads-we welcome everyone to contribute and we are so tolerant. I wonder if we will remain that way in a couple of years when we are back on top kicking the snot out of every opponent?
    I'm not so sure that everyone here "welcomes" SUNY Ithaca fans...
    ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

I wonder if we will remain that way in a couple of years when we are back on top kicking the snot out of every opponent?
      Sorry but that's got to be a 5 minute major.

Comment

We are such a friendly bunch here on the RPI threads-we welcome everyone to contribute and we are so tolerant. I wonder if we will remain that way in a couple of years when we are back on top kicking the snot out of every opponent?
        From one "doc" to another, I trust (and hope) that you will. As you and
        Wicked Slappahs, and especially CMMarkham will recall (she the object of my notorious gaffe on 3/14/09 @08:23), I was rooting for RPI to get to the ECAC final with Yale. By the way, ASSUMING that Wicked is from the Boston area,
        he'll be interested in the following anecdote:
        As I was walking around (or should I say floating on Cloud Nine) the
        hospital on Saturday night wearing my Yale hockey jersey, one of the nurses asked me what I would most like to see happen a) the Red Sox win another
        World Series b) the Patriots win another Super Bowl or c) Yale Hockey win
        the Frozen Four; after MUCH deliberation I chose c). THAT would be WICKED ****AH. Hoping for an exciting injury-free game Friday, and may the better team win!

Comment

Originally posted by yaledoc View Post
          Wicked Slappahs, and especially CMMarkham will recall (she the object of my notorious gaffe on 3/14/09 @08:23), I was rooting for RPI to get to the ECAC final with Yale. By the way, ASSUMING that Wicked is from the Boston area,
          hospital on Saturday night wearing my Yale hockey jersey, one of the nurses asked me what I would most like to see happen a) the Red Sox win another
          the Frozen Four; after MUCH deliberation I chose c). THAT would be WICKED ****AH. Hoping for an exciting injury-free game Friday, and may the better team win!
          Wasn't the actual gaffe in your 5:20 post?

I too would prefer "c" over the other alternatives.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
            Wasn't the actual gaffe in your 5:20 post?

I too would prefer "c" over the other alternatives.
            I stand corrected.Geeeeeez, you RPI folks don't miss a trick. Apologies
            to the Board for triggering the "edit button". For those NOT from Boston,
            the four edited letters refer to an ultra-filtrate of the kidneys. ROFL.

Comment

I stand corrected.Geeeeeez, you RPI folks don't miss a trick. Apologies
              to the Board for triggering the "edit button". For those NOT from Boston,
              the four edited letters refer to an ultra-filtrate of the kidneys. ROFL.
              Not having remembered what you wrote back in March, I had to look for it.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Now semi-retired Doc. I too am hoping for an exciting injury free game Friday-but I do not want the better team to win-I just want the Home team to prevail
                Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Boileau and Yanovitch are being benched Friday vs. Brown according to Ken Schott's blog. Also Trabucco and Kinkaid both missed practice today due to illnesses.

http://cms.dailygazette.com/weblogs/...eau-yanovitch/

Comment

Originally posted by Wholin1 View Post
                    Boileau and Yanovitch are being benched Friday vs. Brown according to Ken Schott's blog. Also Trabucco and Kinkaid both missed practice today due to illnesses.

http://cms.dailygazette.com/weblogs/...eau-yanovitch/
                    Got it. Penciling in a Brown W...
                    ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                      No! Please don't! We need to be the "Nobody Believes In Us" team this year! Don't ever pick Brown to win anything ever!

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                        This sounds like a lot what coach Appert did when he first started. I know coach Leaman is experienced, but U may see some of the same stuff we did in coach Appert's first years here.

Comment

With Helfrich out, we need Cullen and AG to step up. This team has a lot of depth and potential. We just need to reach that potential Friday night to be competitive against a very good Yale team.
                          I will be at the game and hope to see an upset to start off the ECAC season.
                          Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                          Benjamin Franklin
                          The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                          Gary Player

Comment

Cullen and Lee are snakebit. I don't know how else to describe it - they're doing everything that's really being asked of them and everything they have to do to score goals, but they're just not seeing anything from it.
                            Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                              With Helfrich out, we need Cullen and AG to step up. This team has a lot of depth and potential. We just need to reach that potential Friday night to be competitive against a very good Yale team.
                              I will be at the game and hope to see an upset to start off the ECAC season.
                              Yale will be our toughest test to date, they return nearly everybody and managed to hang 5 on Princeton's Zalemba on Halloween. Jr. Ryan Rondeau started in net for Yale, replacing the departed Alec Richards.

IMO, a few keys to the game will be:
                              - Play an appropriately physical game -- i.e. finish checks, be relentless on the forecheck and win the loose puck battles
                              - Allen York makes all the usual saves & manages to steal a few others
                              - And of course, the ever-present key: "avoid senseless penalties"

I'd like to see Malchuk in the lineup in his usual banger/grinder role. He has had several key shifts with pressure leading to RPI shots and goals. With any luck we can beat them up a bit (they haven't seen many live bullets yet) wear them down and win it in the 3rd. Or alternatively, blow them out 6-0.

Comment

Originally posted by kdiff77 View Post
                                No! Please don't! We need to be the "Nobody Believes In Us" team this year! Don't ever pick Brown to win anything ever!
                                Good to hear some Brown fans chattering. I for one hope you can stick it U tomorrow night...but will refrain from picking them, as per your request.

Comment

Working...
                                X