• This week in ECAC Women's West 2009-2010

ECAC East has their thread...West deserves theirs also. My predicgtions:

1. Elmira (some real solid players)
    2. Neumann (gut feeling)
    3. RIT (lots of experience)
    4. Oswego (young team but large roster)
    5. Plattsburgh (gut feeling)
    6. Potsdam (gut feeling)
    7. Buffalo (young team and small roster)
    8. Cortland (young team also but large roster, just not sure...)
    9. Chatham (small roster, already has injuries, lost experienced players)

Anyone want to chime in?
    "Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard"

Re: This week in ECAC Women's West 2009-2010

Originally posted by THE Icemom View Post

2. Neumann (gut feeling)
    6. Potsdam (gut feeling)

Anyone want to chime in?
    My order is slightly different:

1. Elmira
    2. RIT
    3. Platty
    4. Neumann
    5. Utica
    6. Oswego
    7. Potsdam
    8. Cortland
    9. Buffalo
    10. Chatham
    Last edited by OnMAA; 10-29-2009, 01:54 PM. Reason: Add Utica

Comment

Has Utica fallen off the face of the earth?

I haven't heard of any major earth quakes, but, I've been watching the non-news Fox network lately so I may be mis-informed....
      Last edited by futurestar; 10-29-2009, 01:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by futurestar View Post
        Has Utica fallen off the face of the earth?
        Good point. Knew there was something fishy when my list only added up to nine teams. My lousy excuse is that I used the old cut and paste and reshuffle routine to do the quick listing. . Edited my post to add them in my list.

My view is as follows:
        RIT and Elmira are a clear 1-2, Utica, Platty and Neumann fighting it out for spots 3-5. Next two spots occupied by Oswego and Potsdam in any order.
        Last edited by OnMAA; 10-29-2009, 04:31 PM.

Comment

I think people might be putting a little bit too much stock in the Soaring Eagles right now.

They lost A TON of talent last season between Coady, Cubberley, and Huntley.

Maybe I'll be wrong but I think the Eagles have a lot to prove just like Plattsburgh and RIT this year as they all sustained legitimate losses.

RIT's loss of Owczarczak brings them back to Plattsburgh and Elmira a bit in terms of losses, but I had RIT penciled in as the early season favorite in the ECAC West at the end of last year and I still stand by that as I think they have the most returning out of the three powers.

However, I'm sure this will make MIC and the Neumann crowd happy, watch out for Kennedy's Knights this year. This is the year for them to prove that they belong in the discussion with the ECAC West power trio. Only time will tell if they can belong but, they are a strong strong darkhorse this year in the conference

Comment

Originally posted by Derek Dunning View Post
            ... but I had RIT penciled in as the early season favorite in the ECAC West at the end of last year and I still stand by that as I think they have the most returning out of the three powers.

However, I'm sure this will make MIC and the Neumann crowd happy, watch out for Kennedy's Knights this year. This is the year for them to prove that they belong in the discussion with the ECAC West power trio. Only time will tell if they can belong but, they are a strong strong darkhorse this year in the conference
            RIT may have the most coming back out of the "three powers" but Neumann has the most coming back period. It is true that Brunet is not back this year and I understand there really is no "story" other than she is not back but who knows, maybe the second semester will bring her back.

Here is my prediction for the season:
            1. RIT
            2. Platty
            3. Neumann
            4. Elmira
            5. Oswego
            6. Utica
            7. Potsdam
            8. Buffalo
            9. Cortland
            10. Chatham
            "If you're satisfied with being good, you'll never be great"

"heck, you go to some D-III hockey games and a Steven Segal Chinese stick fight breaks out,....." by Camman15

2009-2010 Regular Season Atlantic Hockey Pick-em Champion

Comment

I never said I could count! Sorry for forgetting Utica...I have inserted them here.

2. Neumann (gut feeling)
              4.Utica
              5. Oswego (young team but large roster)
              6. Plattsburgh (gut feeling)
              7. Potsdam (gut feeling)
              8. Buffalo (young team and small roster)
              9. Cortland (young team also but large roster, just not sure...)
              10. Chatham (small roster, already has injuries, lost experienced players)

Comment

Originally posted by MICZamboni View Post
                RIT may have the most coming back out of the "three powers" but Neumann has the most coming back period. It is true that Brunet is not back this year and I understand there really is no "story" other than she is not back but who knows, maybe the second semester will bring her back.

Here is my prediction for the season:
                1. RIT
                2. Platty
                3. Neumann
                4. Elmira
                5. Oswego
                6. Utica
                7. Potsdam
                8. Buffalo
                9. Cortland
                10. Chatham
                Coach Kennedy did not list Brunet as a key returner when I contacted him for my ECAC West season preview which will be appearing soon once I hear back from one more coach.

I didn't catch this initially but then I read your post and looked back and she was missing. He didn't make any mention of Brunet being a key loss so that's probably why I didn't think any of it at the time.

Comment

I really wanted to get down to Aston for the Adrian-Neumann games, but it just did not work out. Will anyone be there this weekend? Should be an interesting early test for both teams. Adrian is one of the few teams playing out of region opponents this season (Lake Forest is coming East for UMB's Codfish Bowl early next year). I think Adrian's experience in goal (Dana Timm was the best kept secret of the '08-'09 season with 1.54 gpg and .946 saves %) means they get out of town with two wins (no offense intended to Neumann bandwagon supporters).

Comment

Originally posted by THE Icemom View Post

2. Neumann (gut feeling)
                    6. Potsdam (gut feeling)

Anyone want to chime in?
                    why so down on chatham? they have 20 players which is more than they finished last year with and more than buff state and potsdam still have now. they also lost a grand total of 2 goals from the roster that finished last season playing really well (with wins against potsdam, oswego and buff state over the last couple weekends, not to mention two games down to the wire with neumann.) in what was a pretty down year across the board in recruiting they also added a pretty solid defenseman and an outstanding goaltender, and got back one of their more skilled players that they lost at christmas of last season and did not have for the stretch run.

they may or may not finish last but im not sure i really follow your rationale for it.

Comment

Mostly just gut feelings, my list looks like this:

1 RIT
                      2 Plattsburgh
                      3 Elmira
                      4 Utica
                      5 Neumann
                      6 Oswego
                      7 Cortland
                      8 Buffalo
                      9 Potsdam
                      10 Chatham

Comment

[QUOTE=MICZamboni;4431589]RIT may have the most coming back out of the "three powers" but Neumann has the most coming back period. It is true that Brunet is not back this year and I understand there really is no "story" other than she is not back but who knows, maybe the second semester will bring her back.

Grampaw sez: Neumann's first line could produce first, second and third in league scoring this season and their new goalie might surprise a lot of people.

Before an exhibition game last weekend with Nepean Juniors, I asked Coach Kennedy how he was going to hold his team back this year and I predicted a 5-2 win. Well, it took almost a half a minute for the first line to score the first of their four goals. In the second half of the game, the new goalie was perfect, making some super saves and Neumann skated to a 5-2 win.

We'll wait until we see what happens with RIT next weekend before we make any rash predictions but it could be another great season for the Neumann Knights. Of course, at the start of the season, every team has the same chance.... Go Neumann Girls.

Comment

Some teams saw some action this weekend. No big surprises, no big blow outs. Chatham looked a little short rostered on Friday, only 13 skaters, but had 15 on the ice on Saturday.

Comment

these are my predictions.

1. RIT (new players good start)
                            2. Elmira (lost good players but still good)
                            3. Neumann (good team, work well)
                            4. Plattsburgh (lost players but have potential)
                            5. Utica (just gut feeling)
                            6. Chatham (lots of returners, slow start but lots of potential)
                            7. Oswego (equal with chatham)
                            8. Cortland (new players but struggle)
                            9. Potsdam (gut feeling)
                            10. Buffalo State (gut feeling)

I don't think everyone should be down on chatham. They have a bigger roster than last year and a lot of returners that know the game well. They have a lot of potential and I think that they will shock everyone this year. They have been off to a slow start but I think they will pick it up now because the first games are out of the way. Injuries are true but once the injuries are healed I think we will see an up rise from them especially the rookie goalie who is out right now. I think this year will bring about a lot of different results and surprises.

Comment

I wonder why the ECAC West website doesn't have the Standings updated correctly ??

Comment

Working...
                              X