UMass 09-10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UMass 09-10

I'd like to take a minute to get your opinion on some of my thoughts pertaining to this year's team.
    This year we're off to a 3-0 start deafeating RPI, BU, and Maine. UMass is currently ranked 1st in the Hockey East and 17th in the national ranking. It took voters a while to realize the Minutemen were for real. Coach Cahoon made a great statement saying that the rankings don't matter its who's there in the end that does.
    I can see the skepticism some may have saying that all their games have been at home, but the consistency these past two games that they have played with is not typical of previous sqauds. This Friday they travel to Providence for a Hockey East matchup and Saturday back to Amherst. UMass is the favorite to win both games. It should be a close one in Providence, but when the Friars come to Amherst on Saturday, it will be very difficult to pull off a win in the Mullins Center.
    The Marcou brothers look very solid, James with 7 assists, with their smooth skating abilities and ability to manuever the puck and stay in control. Nolet is showing some solid contribution and Ortiz is quick for any defender one on one. The team has a chemistry that is strongly building every week. The fluidity of the passing and defensive hustle is getting the job done. Dainton has racked up 93 saves on 100 shots on goal.
    Don't be surprised if you see this team down the road in the playoffs. Its a bold statement, but the Minutemen are catching a lot of peoples attention.
    I think Jimmy would beat my dog in a "keeping your tongue out the longest" competition

Re: UMass 09-10

Originally posted by mullinsmaniac 13 View Post
    It took voters a while to realize the Minutemen were for real.
    yeah they're not.

Comment

Welcome to the board!

I think it's too early to say UMass is for real. 3-0 is great, but we've seen this before. I mean, you could argue last year's start was better, as they beat BU 5-1 in November (as opposed to 3-2 this year) and RPI on the road 6-0 (as opposed to 5-2 at home this year).

However, Irwin has picked up right where he left off the end of last year in terms of goal scoring and Wellman shows no signs of a sophomore slump. As for the newcomers, Carzo has been phenomenal. I think both Marcou brothers are playing better so far then they did last season (which is especially saying something for James). Dainton has been great so far and I think Meyers will be eligible to come back this weekend, so the goaltending looks pretty good too.

Coming into the year, I figured any permutation of NU, Maine and UMass at 6-8 was to be expected. However, now I'm hoping for somewhere in the 4-6 range. Let's hope we're not being set up for another let down.
      #NewMass

Comment

Originally posted by UMLGoon View Post
        yeah they're not.
        Let mullinsmaniac 13 have his fun. Reality will set in soon enough.
        Let's go Lowell.

Comment

Originally posted by Gainzo View Post
          and if your team doesn't get home ice that will be a sad reality as well.
          Let the Rebuilding Begin

Comment

Originally posted by Gainzo View Post
            But they got Paul Dainton*, and James "can't keep my head up coming over the blue line so Nick Schaus just murdered me" Marcou on their team, so they're all set
            Last edited by bottomdweller; 10-27-2009, 04:02 PM.

Comment

We'll see what happens when UMass plays on the road. That's where I'm a little concerned. Any team is going to have a tough time when they come here though.
              As for UMLgoon we'll see whos talkin when dec 5th comes. And lemme know how u do this weekend when u play bu twice, vermont, and nh. it may be early for me to say they look good but i think its a little too early for u to gettin cockey. i dont see anything impressive from uml lookin at these past games this season.
              I think Jimmy would beat my dog in a "keeping your tongue out the longest" competition

Comment

Originally posted by mullinsmaniac 13 View Post
                As for UMLgoon we'll see whos talkin when dec 5th comes.
                i can assure you that it will be me, as it has been for 13 of the 15 years in which amherst and lowell have played eachother in D1.

And lemme know how u do this weekend when u play bu twice, vermont, and nh.
                you can just look it up under "wins." i understand that you wouldn't know much about that, being amherst and all.

it may be early for me to say they look good but i think its a little too early for u to gettin cockey.
                relative to amherst? it's never to early for that.

i dont see anything impressive from uml lookin at these past games this season.
                because you are an idiot.

Comment

This should be an interesting weekend. UMass and Providence both come into this series with strong starts to the season. Friday's game will also see UMass go on the road for the first time in the 09-10 season. UMass has not always played well in smaller rinks so it will be interesting to see how they perform at Schneider.

After the past two years, we have learned it is important to take it game by game with UMass. Play at home has never been the problem for UMass, it is the road which has given the Minutemen trouble.
                  Go! Go U! Go UMass! Go UMass!

Comment

[QUOTE=UMLGoon;4429202]i can assure you that it will be me, as it has been for 13 of the 15 years in which amherst and lowell have played eachother in D1.
                    QUOTE]

are you counting when you played an ineligible player and had to forfeit games?
                    Let the Rebuilding Begin

Comment

Originally posted by bottomdweller View Post
                      James "can't keep my head up coming over the blue line so Nick Schaus just murdered me" Marcou
                      I'm sure you tried really hard coming up with that one so I'll give you an A for effort.
                      #NewMass

Comment

Originally posted by umassfan49 View Post
                        are you counting when you played an ineligible player and had to forfeit games?
                        you mean the games where chris "3.12/.882 career" davidson shut them out back-to-back? you bet i am. amherst deserved no points for that putrid performance.

edit: the best part is he originally spelled "schaus" wrong too.
                        vvvvvvvvvvvvv

Comment

Originally posted by UMLGoon View Post
                          you mean the games where chris "3.12/.882 career" davidson shut them out back-to-back? you bet i am. amherst deserved no points for that putrid performance.

edit: the best part is he originally spelled "schaus" wrong too.
                          vvvvvvvvvvvvv
                          he did great in the playoffs later that year for you too. really gave the riverhawks a great chance to advance.
                          Let the Rebuilding Begin

Comment

Originally posted by umassfan49 View Post
                            he did great in the playoffs later that year for you too. really gave the riverhawks a great chance to advance.
                            he was something else.

Comment

your somethin else man. everyone else seems to be fine with wat im sayin. u need to reevaluate wat u say before u get ahead of urself. i wouldnt be surprised if 6000 of ur posts were just rants. bring some facts to the table from THIS year.
                              Against colgate uml got 3 goals in the third to go up by 1. I guarantee that would not happen against this year's Minutemen defense. Secondly, you really only beat Northeastern 2-1, the third was with an open net. Northeastern is horrible. BOTH wins were at home, so ur in the same boat of uncertainty with road games.
                              Like I said, talk to me after this weekend at bu and vermont. Honestly when we go to lowell it will be tough but uml shouldnt even bother coming here. calling me an idiot and stuff does not impress me. as the season progresses im sure you will quiet down once u realize the fool ur making of yourself. your attitude just further supports the fact that u got rejected from the only real umass and now u go to uml and the only thing going for you is being a fan of the hockey team.
                              youve really confused me with ur approach to this thread as it was meant to take a look at our team this year, not for u to rant.

Comment

Working...
                              X