Devastating Defeats.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Devastating Defeats.

Does anyone else think it's strange that the D1 homepage is referring to single losses in the second or third week of the season as devastating defeats?

I don't think anyone's season is a total loss just yet...

Re: Devastating Defeats.

Minnesota. They may as well fold up the state and move to Antigua.
    Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
    when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
    Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by altazo View Post
      Does anyone else think it's strange that the D1 homepage is referring to single losses in the second or third week of the season as devastating defeats?

I agree it's kind of early for that already.
      Contributing Editor and College Hockey Writer at Inside Hockey
      Eric's Twitter
      The Sin Bin The Sports Daily

Comment

Anytime my team looses, I am devastated.
        Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
        wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
        7 B1G
        7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
        6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
        5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
        5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
        2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
        2 Alaskan

Comment

Given that what happened hasn't happened since 1930 I feel a little devastated.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

I suppose the UCSHO group thought that Miami losing to a league opponent was devastating. Hardly, word has it that MSU is much better this season.
            Contributing Editor and College Hockey Writer at Inside Hockey
            Eric's Twitter
            The Sin Bin The Sports Daily

Comment

And yet USCHO ignores the million upon millions of people calling for the firing of Walt Kyle....
              It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Not just the title, but the first sentence...

If it were not for an unassisted tally by Boston University junior forward Joe Pereira with less than three minutes left in regulation, the top three teams in the nation would have fallen victim to major upsets.
                So if (at the time) #3 Boston U. would have lost to #5 Michigan, that would have been considered a "major" upset? Ooookaaay...
                Michigan Hockey Net
                Follow MHNet on Twitter

NMUKat82 to my dog Cinnamon: Will you stop eyeballing my crotch like you're expecting something tasty to come out???

NMU Hockey: No Focke. No Scharge. The curse has been lifted and the turnaround begins!

"'Tech' means nerd, and nerds suck at sports." - Stephen Colbert

Comment

What could be more interesting would be posters giving their opinions on their teams' most devastating loss. Either by virtue of an upset or playoff implications. For example, the undisputed top team in the nation in the 1985-86 season DU Pioneers losing in the Final Four semi to Harvard Now that was devastating!!!
                  "The bottom line is, the cream rose to the top, and that’s Denver.”
                  Tom Serratore

Comment

*****http://failblog.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/fail-dvd-rewinder.jpg******

Comment

Im with you, wasn't devastating. It was a tough loss, but one that Sparty earned. It should say " Michigan State earns road split". But thats just me...
                      Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

Originally posted by M-HockeyNet View Post
                        Not just the title, but the first sentence...

So if (at the time) #3 Boston U. would have lost to #5 Michigan, that would have been considered a "major" upset? Ooookaaay...
                        Not to mention that quote makes it sound like BU was losing at the time. The game was tied. If not for Joe Periera, maybe BU and Michigan would have tied, maybe another BU player would have scored later in the period or in OT. Just seems like a ******** sentence coming from a sportswriter.

Comment

It's so devastating because any losses occurring now, will greatly impact the poles!!! And we all know the poles in October mean everything

Comment

Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
                            .... Just seems like a ******** sentence coming from a sportswriter.
                            shank shaughnessy says, "hi".

a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

You obviously haven't been following the Maine posters this year
                              Please join me in the fight to reduce the world's supply of Bacardi.

Comment

Working...
                              X