Ferris State @ Alaska, Oct. 30 &31

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ferris State @ Alaska, Oct. 30 &31

I can tell our two rabid fan bases are having a hard time controlling ourselves. I guess I’ll get this trash talking thread started.

FSU is 5-1-0, sweeping Connecticut and Robert Morris and a splitting with Canisius. The Bulldogs have 22 GF and 9 GA in six games. UAF is 3-0-1 with wins over Michigan, Mercyhurst, and Robert Morris, and a tie with RPI. The Nooks have 12 GF and 4 GA in four games.

Once again the Nooks appear to have solid goaltending and a tough defense. The freshman look good, the sophomores have stepped it up, and the juniors and seniors are providing leadership. We look solid up and down the lineup even if we don’t have any big stars. We still need to do a better job converting scoring opportunities, but at least we are getting opportunities. Bring your lunch pail. You may beat us, but you will have earned it.

Go Nooks!
    Last edited by mmf; 10-31-2009, 03:46 AM. Reason: remove animation

Re: Ferris State @ Alaska, Oct. 30 &31

FSU seems to be off to a fast start, granted the compettion hasn't been the best but we witnessed what RMU did to UAA in Fairbanks, they are a good team. I hope the long trip and their first game on big ice will give some advantage and hope for a sweep. Go nooks.

Comment

The Bulldogs look solid this year. Their goaltending, except for Friday night's game (let in 4) vs. Robert Morris has let in 1 goal a game for 5 games.

The Freshman are doing outstanding, for the Bulldogs this year. Kirzinger, Fillinger, Graham (1g, 5a, 6p Junior) , Ouellette are speed demons for Ferris State which will help out on the Olympic size ice sheet.

Nagle and Nelson in net have been really well, so we will see that.

And then the senior first line of Blair Riley (3g 2a), Casey Haines (2g, 2a), and Cody Chupp (1g 5a) have been doing great.

Zach Redmond (Atlanta Thrashers Draft pick, 1g 4a) and Brett Wysopal (Colorado College transfer, are reaaal good on defense for the Dawgs.

This will test the Bulldogs 5-1, 4-0 at home record this weekend. I put my money on a split.

Comment

I would be happy with a Ferris State split this weekend. Alaska is doing really well and ranked high this year. Ferris State is doing really well, like you said above CCHAFan, 5-1 overall, 4-0 at home, but the teams they have been playing were not top notch teams.

This should test both teams abilities this weekend, and prove who is the better team. After all, any team could be 6 points down in the CCHA standings after this weekend

Comment

I would not be shocked with either team pulling out a sweep here. Both teams are on hot streaks, both teams are off to good starts, and heck..it's CCHA play, the best Division 1 College Hockey conference in the nation...anyone can beat anyone (except for BGSU, LSSU )

Comment

I hope your team is not flying NWA if they miss Fairbanks by 150 miles you will definately be able to see Russia.

Comment

i've been wanting to do that to the Ferris logo for a long time. how can an institution of higher learning be taken seriously if they are represented by a cartoon dog? but i digress...I don't trust the Bulldogs to win a game in Fairbanks. I will definitely perk up about this team if they walk away with 3 points this weekend but I will not be surprised with less. From the sound of it, UAF is a scrapy team with a tough goalie. Ferris has trouble with teams like that. They've been known to make average goalies look great. I would be surprised if Ferris scores more than 2 goals this weekend.
              see you in the pound

Comment

Originally posted by ferrisfan1 View Post
                i've been wanting to do that to the Ferris logo for a long time. how can an institution of higher learning be taken seriously if they are represented by a cartoon dog? but i digress...I don't trust the Bulldogs to win a game in Fairbanks. I will definitely perk up about this team if they walk away with 3 points this weekend but I will not be surprised with less.
                Hey buddy, then change your name from "ferrisFAN" to "Ferris Fan if they are good" What a joke statement that just was.

Comment

There's nothing wrong with his statement. He doesn't like the mascot. I disagree, I think it's fine, but that's just a difference of opinion.

As for the series, Ferris has not played well in Fairbanks historically. They've feasted on three cupcakes to get their record to 5-1. Over the past couple years Ferris has had the tendency to throw 48 shots at a goaltender and put just 2 in the net. UA has popped Michigan once already this season. This series screams "Loss-OT shootout loss" and 1 point for the weekend, but I'm thinking a split. All bets are off if Ferris sweeps.
                  FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Are any nanook fans coming out to post? I went up for the Brice goal Rush, so I won't be there this weekend, but I suspect it will be excellent hockey. I hope we have better crowds this weekend. For FSU fans you are right we do play good defense and have a good goalie, but this year I think we have more offensive talent. Toranto and Grandberg, sorry for the spelling are very good freshmen and watch Sova from the blueline, but like last year Dion Kneilson will stand out as the most talented offensive threat. Comparative team is RMU and both teams handled them pretty easy.

Comment

I will hold my opinion of how good Ferris is till after this weekend.We have played OK but not great.

Comment

I've been impressed with overall team play of the Nooks so far. Not any one thing, other than Greenham, really stands out in particular, but they are hard working, play tight defense, and stay out of the box. A tough combination.

I don’t think we control the corners or skate past everyone up the ice, we just seem to do everything fairly well and keep focused on the game. I think we have the ability to generate more offense this year so the team should be much better balanced. I hope we don’t have to rely totally on defense like last year.

We’re probably not into the season far enough to assess special teams. But so far so good. I believe we are something like 4-24 on the PP and 0-13 on the PK. And every point counts this year. All three of them.

Go Nooks!

Comment

My gut feeling is that the Nooks looks better on offense this year, but I'm pretty sure (just going off memory) that we were 12 GF and 4 GA after four games last year too. So it'll be interesting to see how well they can keep finishing instead of just getting chances once league play is fully up and running.

On the plus side, we haven't been shutout yet

Comment

Originally posted by CCHAfan View Post
                            Hey buddy, then change your name from "ferrisFAN" to "Ferris Fan if they are good" What a joke statement that just was.
                            this just shows how ignorant you are. excuse me for being realistic and analytical about the team i support. at what point exactly did i give the impression that i am not a fan? just because it amuses me, here is the post you wanted me to write:

Yeah! Ferris is gonna whoop on Alaska! You Nanooks don't stand a chance. This is the beginning of our CCHA champonship run! CHUPP FOR HOBEY!!!!

before you go running your mouth about other people, maybe you get a clue as to what you're talking about.
                            see you in the pound

Comment

Originally posted by AKJD View Post
                              My gut feeling is that the Nooks looks better on offense this year, but I'm pretty sure (just going off memory) that we were 12 GF and 4 GA after four games last year too. So it'll be interesting to see how well they can keep finishing instead of just getting chances once league play is fully up and running.

On the plus side, we haven't been shutout yet
                              Did you have to bring up the shutout issue? I was hoping if we didn't talk about it wouldn't happen. The RPI game was our lowest scoring so far and that was from missed opportunities not from a lack of offense, but the nooks offense cannot afford to hit too many hot goalies, both the RPI and RMU games I thought the goalies played very well against us and when we had opportunities we hit post or missed open nets, or sometimes over passed the puck, some of the guys are very unselfish which is nice. If we can score three a game I think we should be in both games.

Comment

Working...
                              X