BOO! Clarkson @ tUMD: Oct 30th and 31st

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BOO! Clarkson @ tUMD: Oct 30th and 31st

UMD comes off a disappointing one point weekend at SCCC, hoping to rebound against a non-conference opponent Clarkson University.

Should be a good series as Clarkson has had a nice tradition and history in the NCAA tournament. (I looked it up!)

Any Clarkson fans that can give us the rundown on their team?

I am dressing up for Halloween on Saturday's game, then tSports Garden after wards, cannot wait!
    tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Re: BOO! Clarkson @ tUMD: Oct 30th and 31st

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
    UMD comes off a disappointing one point weekend at SCCC, hoping to rebound against a non-conference opponent Clarkson University.

Should be a good series as Clarkson has had a nice tradition and history in the NCAA tournament. (I looked it up!)

Any Clarkson fans that can give us the rundown on their team?

I am dressing up for Halloween on Saturday's game, then tSports Garden after wards, cannot wait!
    Clarkson has grit and determination. Their goalie situation right now is getting better. I think they are a team that will have to watch out for. If you sleep at all on them you could be down by 2 or 3 right away.

Also they are a very BIG team. Fowards are 6 feet or better and the D are tremendious.

Watch out for Beca (#8), he has a great touch around the net and can put it away.
    Last edited by hockeyguy; 10-27-2009, 07:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyguy View Post
      Clarkson has grit and determination. Their goalie situation right now is getting better. I think they are a team that will have to watch out for. If you sleep at all on them you could be down by 2 or 3 right away.

Also they are a very BIG team. Fowards are 6 feet or better and the D are tremendious.

Watch out for Beca (#8), he has a great touch around the net and can put it away.
      fyp...
      Golden Knights Roundtable

Comment

I will look out for him!

Are you guys being picked to be a middle of the road EZAC team?

Why are you guys called Tech....that makes no sense.
        tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
          Why are you guys called Tech....that makes no sense.

Clakson University was (Thomas S.) Clarkson (Memorial) College of Technology until 1984.
          Last edited by miker; 10-27-2009, 08:02 AM.

Comment

We are a young team, only 3 seniors.

The team has 5 drafted players Cayer, Tremblay, Borowiecki, Rufenach and the goalie Karpowich. Borwiecki very good d-man with a mean streak, Rufenach a smooth skating offensive d-man. Cayer is a 6-3 forward with a pro release wrist shot. Tremblay, Oakley and Tamblyn all forwards, have very good speed.

If Karpowich is on, it will be a good series.

Knights have a good fan base that usually travels pretty well, however you guys are exactly around the corner I think we will be far and few between.

Comment

Originally posted by miker View Post
              Thanks, I get it now!

I am worried that besides Fontaine, Mike Connolly and Jack Connolly our offense is weak! We need Bordson, Schmidt and others to pick it up!
              tUMD Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by miker View Post
                Clakson University .
                Mikey, Will spare you the tar and feathers for misspelling the alma mater name

Comment

Originally posted by drewcu View Post
                  If you were in New England than Clakson would work.
                  How do they expect us to throw hotdogs at the gophers with that [Expletive deleted] net in front of us?

We choose to go to the moon. We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard...

Original Penalty Box Member

Comment

Originally posted by UMDbulldogs#1 View Post

Comment

Originally posted by drewcu View Post
                      You mean....I don't get even a " "??
                      Originally posted by UMDbulldogs#1 View Post

Comment

Clarkson almost back on the radar...also great crowds last weekend. Potsdam like hockey again ??
                        It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Drew gave a pretty good rundown on the team. Being a young team, we really don't know what to expect from them. The game against (t) last weekend was their best 60 minute effort of the season. In their wins against RIT and Niagara, they had very uninspiring second periods but managed to hold on to win. Against Michigan State, they were undermanned and looked it on Friday, but they did skate very well Saturday in the "replay assisted" loss.

Here's a little rundown of what I've seen this season:

Goaltending -
                          Paul Karpowich had his best game of the season against (t) last weekend and was named ECAC Goaltender of the Week. He's had a few issues seeing pucks in traffic early in the season. He is excellent on breakaways or 2 on 1 situations.

Offense -
                          Matt Beca (8) is our leading scorer. The senior always seems to be around when a scoring opportunity presents itself. He is the only true "finisher" we've seen so far this season.

Scott Freeman (9) is our junior captain and the team's best table-setter. He has scored but his best ability seems to be setting up others, evidenced by his scoring totals last year.

Louke Oakley (19) is a sophomore who is starting to stand out on the ice as an offensive threat. Fellow classmates Corey Tamblyn (7) and Nick Tremblay (12) have also been skating stronger and creating more opportunities this year. Julien Cayer (81) is a big center with a good quick release shot.

Defense -
                          The Knights have only 7 defensemen on the roster this year. As the defense goes, so will the team, in my opinion.

Bryan Rufenach (89) is the point man on the power play and a strong offensive defenseman with a hard shot. His defense has improved dramatically this year but offense is the best part of his game.

Mark Borowiecki (55) is the top defensive-defenseman but in this early season he's shown some offensive talent, including his first goal at MSU. If you're in his path, you'll definitely know it.

Power Play
                          Often referred to as the powerless play last season, the power play has actually produced pretty well this year. They don't seem to do a lot of cycling like you see from teams like SCSU or CC, generally keeping the puck up high until they see an opportunity. They've been much better at getting traffic in front. They are prone to giving up short-handed breaks.

Penalty Kill
                          The statistics look horrible from the MSU series but I think the penalty kill has actually looked pretty decent this season. The forwards generally put a lot of pressure on the puck-handler.
                          Clarkson Golden Knights Men
                          10 Time ECAC Regular Season Champs
                          5 Time ECAC Tournament Champs
                          21 NCAA Tournament Appearances

Undefeated - 1956

Clarkson Golden Knights Women
                          ECAC Regular Season Champs - 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018
                          ECAC Tournament Champs - 2017, 2018
                          7 NCAA Tournament Appearances

Frozen Four - 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018
                          National Champions - 2014, 2017, 2018

Comment

So tell us a little about tUMD. I remember watching their run in the WCHA and their great goaltending but I don't know a lot about them. Also, is there going to be a TV feed at all???
                            Clarkson Golden Knights Men
                            10 Time ECAC Regular Season Champs
                            5 Time ECAC Tournament Champs
                            21 NCAA Tournament Appearances

Undefeated - 1956

Clarkson Golden Knights Women
                            ECAC Regular Season Champs - 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018
                            ECAC Tournament Champs - 2017, 2018
                            7 NCAA Tournament Appearances

Frozen Four - 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018
                            National Champions - 2014, 2017, 2018

Comment

Originally posted by FireKnight View Post
                              So tell us a little about tUMD. I remember watching their run in the WCHA and their great goaltending but I don't know a lot about them. Also, is there going to be a TV feed at all???
                              B2 network has the games on.
                              Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                              And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                              WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                              If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Working...
                              X