Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Black Monday: Colorado College loses two players in one day!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Monday: Colorado College loses two players in one day!

http://cchockey.freedomblogging.com/

Tuesday cannot come soon enough in Colorado Springs.

Vlassopoulos’ college career is over
    October 26th, 2009, 5:02 pm by jpaisley
    Senior Andreas Vlassopolous will undergo season and college career-ending surgery on his troublesome right knee soon, he told The Gazette Monday evening.

Vlassopolous has missed the past four games with pain in his right knee and decided over the weekend that he would have surgery.

“I’d thought about it for awhile,” he said. “It’s hurt for the last four years.”

Vlassopolous dislocated his right kneecap in his first game as a Tiger. After the second game against Northeastern, the pain has been too much to play on.

The center recorded 16 goals and 44 assists, including a one assist this season. The economics graduate said he was unsure if he will try to play pro after recovering from surgery.

Stremmel leaves team for juniors
    October 26th, 2009, 2:28 pm by jpaisley
    Freshman goalie Hudson Stremmel has left CC to play for the junior team in Prince George, B.C., coach Scott Owens confirmed Monday afternoon. Stremmel told the team Saturday night and left town Sunday, he said.

“It came as a bit of a surprise to us,” Owens said.

Stremmel played a period in the exhibition game versus Calgary. He was ill during the first two weeks of the season and did not get any playing time.

Owens said the team will look to replace him over Christmas break.
    “We feel pretty set with Joe (Howe) and Tyler(O’Brien),” Owens said.
    Last edited by CCtig; 10-26-2009, 07:32 PM.
    World Arena North (aka Magness Arena on the campus of Denver State University) where the Colorado College Tigers are 17-11-5 all time against the Metro State Pioneers. Thank you Denver Roadrunners for building a second home for CC!!

World Arena North lives on!! Go Tigers!!

CC Tiger fans join us at: http://cctigerhockey.yuku.com

Re: Black Monday: Colorado College loses two players in one day!

Wow, that stinks.

I'm also really disappointed that I won't be able to hear Doug Woog attempt to pronounce Vlassopoulos again.
    04-05 Pick Your Bow(e)ls Champion
    USCHO Virtual Stock Exchange Guru

Originally posted by Dirty
    I don't think you're weird, just a completely worthless sack of monkey poo.
    Originally posted by UMDBulldogHockeyIsKing
    I am saying it right here. ajoyce is the HA guru.

Comment

Stremmel bolted for the Thunder Island Hockey League. He's just the first of many.

Comment

I saw both your goalies play against us in our 2 gm series earlier this yr. I was impressed with both.. but especially with Joe Howe's goaltending (correct me if i'm wrong, but he is a freshman right?)..

The injury losses are tough (we lost one of our best for the season in our 1st outing, an exhibition gm!!.. earlier this season).

Well, you guys should be fine for the immediate (3-4 months) timeframe, imo. G'luck
        GO NU HOCKEY
        Always bullish on the future.
        We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
          I saw both your goalies play against us in our 2 gm series earlier this yr. I was impressed with both.. but especially with Joe Howe's goaltending (correct me if i'm wrong, but he is a freshman right?)..

The injury losses are tough (we lost one of our best for the season in our 1st outing, an exhibition gm!!.. earlier this season).

Well, you guys should be fine for the immediate (3-4 months) timeframe, imo. G'luck
          You are correct. Joe Howe is a freshman.
          World Arena North (aka Magness Arena on the campus of Denver State University) where the Colorado College Tigers are 17-11-5 all time against the Metro State Pioneers. Thank you Denver Roadrunners for building a second home for CC!!

Comment

Wow, that blows.

Hope Vlassopoulos’ gets well soon.
            Hope Stremmel made a good decision.

We're still working on educating the local non-hockey pop on how difficult it is to keep skilled players on the team for an entire college career.

Comment

I really hate guys who head to college then after a few weeks decide to bolt for MJ.
              Why did you even bother going to college?
              "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
              -Gallagher

R.I.P.
              Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
              Grandma ~ Jan 2004
              Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
              Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                I really hate guys who head to college then after a few weeks decide to bolt for MJ.
                Why did you even bother going to college?
                Oh, you mean we HAVE to attend classes? Pffft, MJ here I come!

Comment

Too bad to hear of Vlassopolous' end. He was one of the returning players that I felt would really make an impact, he will be missed by Tiger fans for sure.
                  Let the Rebuilding Begin

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
                    Oh, you mean we HAVE to attend classes? Pffft, MJ here I come!
                    I'd put it more as, I have to EARN playing time as a freshman?
                    "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                    -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                    Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                    Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                    Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                    Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Definitely sad to hear about Vlassopoulos. I'm guessing Stremmel leaving now is just saving a headache down the road.

Comment

Ouch...wish CC the best this year. Never a good thing when you lose players so early.

Comment

Bummer for CC but being a Minnesota Gopher fan I have no empathy left for you guys.
                          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                            Bummer for CC but being a Minnesota Gopher fan I have no empathy left for you guys.
                            , fully understand. And you will continue to feel this way should CC take two from your team on 19/20 Feb 10.

Comment

Sooooo very depressing. Vlassopoulos not returning is a big blow for sure. Losing Stremmel is a tough loss as well, I think he had huge potential with his natural athletic talent. Bummer!

Comment

Working...
                              X