BU at Lowell, Lowell at BU 10/30-31

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BU at Lowell, Lowell at BU 10/30-31

Yes, fried dough is still there- had some last week. Yum.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
      Yes, fried dough is still there- had some last week. Yum.
      let the salivating commence
      lets play hockey

Comment

Lowell doesn't exactly have a reputation for winning big games, so I'd imagine even if they'd scored 3 illegal goals they'd still end up losing to BU in that contest.
        Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
          Lowell doesn't exactly have a reputation for winning big games, so I'd imagine even if they'd scored 3 illegal goals they'd still end up losing to BU in that contest.
          i'll give the three playoff games they won in pretty convincing fashion last year before the league boned them the bad news, you moron.

Comment

Originally posted by UMLGoon View Post
            i'll give the three playoff games they won in pretty convincing fashion last year before the league boned them the bad news, you moron.
            Wow, two HE QF wins and a HE semi-final win against two other teams that aren't known for winning big games!! Yippie!!
            Fighting the good fight

Comment

They won the HE semi in convincing fashion? Didn't it take a miracle (although I've seen worse) to tie and OT to win?
              Boston University 2009 Champs
              Notre Dame 2012-?

Comment

Been awhile since I have posted, and since I had a moment I thought I would chime in. Excited about the matchup is understatement… but I do have concerns. First, revenge… I hope that Lowell doesn’t play over their heads. One thing that could occur is playing at a high level which causes mistakes… extra pass, over aggressive fore-check, etc… The team and crowd are looking for something big, I just hope its not over aggressive to cause blunder. Second Mr. Millan is a stud and can single handedly steal a game. I am unsure how good the defense is in front of him, maybe BU fans can chime in, but I just know that kid can play. Lastly, Jack always influences and motivates BU to play hard… especially to an opponent that is considered talented and powerful. Plus that Michigan win could carry into this series…

As for Lowell, I expect great things this year, and this weekend could really set the tone for the team for months to come. Every aspect of Lowell’s game is solid, including special teams. I haven’t been this excited since the flying Frenchmen and high expectation Martin, Godoy, Walter team (which was the biggest disappointment).

My prediction:
                Friday: Lowell 2-1
                Saturday: Tie 2-2

Go Lowell!
                "We will play a style that is a puck-possession game, an up-tempo style ... It will rely on speed and toughness. I’m sure these players can
                make that adjustment very easily. We’re going to make the Tsongas a tough place to get points for other teams." -UML Coach Norm Bazin

Comment

Originally posted by candycanes99 View Post
                  They won the HE semi in convincing fashion? Didn't it take a miracle (although I've seen worse) to tie and OT to win?
                  final shots were something like 45-27 and both of NU's goals came, what, 25 seconds apart or something like that. lowell carried almost all of the other 63 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by hawkeytown View Post
                    My prediction:
                    Friday: Lowell 2-1
                    Saturday: Tie 2-2

Go Lowell!
                    Welcome back. I'm kinda thinking/hoping the same, as I'd like to see Lowell take at least three points as well.
                    Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                    2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                    2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                    2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                    2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Now that I graduated, I live pretty far from BU, but I'm in Boston this weekend and would love to go to the Lowell away game. Any BU fans going have an extra seat in a car heading up there? More than happy to chip in for gas, etc. Been going to a bunch of NHL games, but its just not the same.

Comment

Are you guys going to raise a banner for that before the game? Yikes, standards are pretty low up there aren't they?

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                          Are you guys going to raise a banner for that before the game? Yikes, standards are pretty low up there aren't they?
                          nah, we didn't play the US development team so we couldn't squeeze such a ceremony in this year

Comment

nah, we didn't play the US development team so we couldn't squeeze such a ceremony in this year
                            you also didn't play in washington dc last year.
                            time to write new history

Comment

I thought you were the US development team. Regardless, feel free to raise banners whenever you like. For what, I have no idea....

Comment

Originally posted by slurpees View Post
                                you also didn't play in washington dc last year.
                                (they let vermont and bemidji do that. let's not go around braggin)

Comment

Working...
                                X