Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU at Lowell, Lowell at BU 10/30-31

Originally posted by Patronick View Post
    Regardless of Benedetto's second screwing of Lowell, we're not going to win games giving up ridiculous odd man rushes, short handed goals or that awfully weak goal Hutton gave up.

Lowell needs to cut out the stupid mistakes and earn a split tomorrow night.
    Well said.
    Gary

www.umlhockey.com
    Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
    "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
    KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

Originally posted by candycanes99 View Post
      This is the part of the rule that applies to kicking/directing:

6-18-a

"A goal shall not be allowed if the puck has been kicked or directed into
      the goal off an attacking player’s skate. When in doubt, the goal shall be
      disallowed. A goal shall be allowed if a puck deflects off an attacking player
      who is in the act of stopping. When administering this rule, the puck must
      initially be legally propelled by a stick."

Thus, if it was directed in (not really clarified as to intent), or if there was any doubt, it should be disallowed.
      i talked to several people that said it hit either the lowell player's arm or shinpad. the word "skate" never came up.

Comment

i like the ending PP there... the 3 dman umbrella sets up well. big shots on the edge, qb at the top. big bodies in front (er, 'cept when Warso ventured in there ).

can't remember the last time i saw JP send 3 dmen out on a PP
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by UMLGoon View Post
          i talked to several people that said it hit either the lowell player's arm or shinpad. the word "skate" never came up.
          the puck was absolutely off the ice surface.
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

From my vantage point I thought it hit his shinpad. No way the puck hit his skate.

The people sitting in the lower rows of Section A could see the replay and they all thought it was a goal.
            Let's go Lowell.

Comment

Originally posted by RoughEmUp View Post
              Yeah, you guys should lose that cheer. And the "BU sucks/Sucks to BU"...well, I can assure you nobody from BU even notices.
              If no one from BU notices, how could you possibly be commenting on it?

My brother (a Lowell Freshman) was sending me text updates throughout the game. I really thought the River Hawks were gonna win. Oh well. Go get 'em tomorrow.
              #NewMass

Comment

Originally posted by Gainzo View Post
                From my vantage point I thought it hit his shinpad. No way the puck hit his skate.

The people sitting in the lower rows of Section A could see the replay and they all thought it was a goal.
                FWIW, the sound it made was that of it hitting a shinpad or a skate boot, definitely not the blade part.
                Gary

www.umlhockey.com
                Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
                "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
                KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

Originally posted by Go-UML View Post
                  Well said.
                  No. You guys are discrediting your team with all your whining. There were missed and questionable calls both ways, and to be blind to that just sounds like more "woe-is-us complaining". Suck it up. You guys need to step back if you sincerely believe there was a "slew" of non-calls in favor of BU.
                  Go BU!

Comment

Originally posted by Go-UML View Post
                    FWIW, the sound it made was that of it hitting a shinpad or a skate boot, definitely not the blade part.
                    I didn't hear anything but I saw a black sphere like thing hit a shinpad and go in the net.

Let all the BU fans give me crap but I feel Lowell is the best team in Hockey East.
                    Let's go Lowell.

Comment

a) my view on the no-goal call - puck comes across the crease off the ice, towards unwitting lowell player, lowell player reacts, body convulsion as a result of said reaction moves legs, puck goes off shin/skate area and crosses goal line on the ice. like others have said, he didnt even seem to know what was going on, but the fact that the ref in position authoritatively called it off makes me think there was distinct kicking involved, even if involuntary.

b) UML played like i expected them to, but like others have mentioned, gave BU far too many rushes and other opportunities as a result of momentary lapses. very BU-esque, IMHO. tomorrow night will be another close one, i feel.

c) lowell fans = less class than usual tonight. shame on you.
                      Last edited by Terrierist; 10-30-2009, 11:00 PM.
                      lets play hockey

Comment

From section B it looked like it hit the shinpads. The pass, if you can call it a pass, was really moving and about a foot or more off the ice. The Lowell player appeared to be moving towards the net when it hit him. I didn't see a kicking motion but the Ref's were doing it when explaining the call to Blaise.
                        I just hope they got it right.

Comment

Originally posted by Gainzo View Post

Let all the BU fans give me crap but I feel Lowell is the best team in Hockey East.
                          also, this. not giving you crap, but any team who wants to be the best in hockey east has a lot to prove at this early stage. everyone needs to start by, say, beating Amherst.
                          lets play hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Terrierist View Post
                            also, this. not giving you crap, but any team who wants to be the best in hockey east has a lot to prove at this early stage. everyone needs to start by, say, beating Amherst.
                            Quit it.
                            Sons of old Massachusetts,
                            Devoted daughters true,
                            Bay State, old Bay State,
                            We'll give our best to you.

Comment

Originally posted by Terrierist View Post
                              a) my view on the no-goal call - puck comes across the crease off the ice, towards unwitting lowell player, lowell player reacts, body convulsion as a result of said reaction moves legs, puck goes off shin/skate area and crosses goal line on the ice. like others have said, he didnt even seem to know what was going on, but the fact that the ref in position authoritatively called it off makes me think there was distinct kicking involved, even if involuntary.

b) UML played like i expected them to, but like others have mentioned, gave BU far too many rushes and other opportunities as a result of momentary lapses. very BU-esque, IMHO. tomorrow night will be another close one, i feel.

c) lowell fans = less class than usual tonight. shame on you.
                              How so? Did some of the student chants hurt your feelings?
                              Let's go Lowell.

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                                I just hope they got it right.
                                i'd wager a decent amount of money they didn't.

edit: the students really have been pretty bad the last two weeks. we're working on it.
                                vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

Comment

Working...
                                X