DIII Front Page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DIII Front Page

I know the Interlock doesn't start for a few more weeks, but I think some leagues are starting NC play.

I wouldn't know that except for following this board.

Shouldn't we have something besides (Phrozen, Phinal, Last?) Four coverage on the front page by now? (Since we can't call it the Frozen Four (DI only) or Final Four (BB only))

In any case last years National Tournament is over. Where are the previews for the leagues that are starting, and the Preseason Top 15?
    2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
    2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
    2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
    2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Re: DIII Front Page

One thread whining about this wasnt enough?
    D-III Rinks Map

"Who is that Viking up there?!" -Adrian Bench

SNC Fan: "Do you have many problems at the games?"
    Security Guard: "No, only when Point plays here."

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post

Where are the previews for the leagues that are starting, and the Preseason Top 15?
      It's not so much content contributors faults, but a foul by USCHO themselves.

"The definitive college hockey resource." --- Hardly.

Maybe we should re-word that statement to...

"The definitive DI college hockey resource, and DIII when we get around to it."
      Avalanche Hockey --- "No one beats us on a pond"

Comment

Originally posted by Caveman-RC View Post
        What he said
        2006 ECAC WEST CHAMPS ELMIRA COLLEGE

Here We Go EC!!

In the Eagles Nest at the Domes

2009 D3 College Hockey Pool Champ

Comment

I know the Interlock doesn't start for a few more weeks, but I think some leagues are starting NC play.

Shouldn't we have something besides (Phrozen, Phinal, Last?) Four coverage on the front page by now? (Since we can't call it the Frozen Four (DI only) or Final Four (BB only))

In any case last years National Tournament is over. Where are the previews for the leagues that are starting, and the Preseason Top 15?
          Then volunteer your time and help out. And like others have said, we have another usless thread *****ing about the DIII coverage. You are better than this, prof.
          "Career highlights? I had two - I got an intentional walk from Sandy Koufax and I got out of a rundown against the Mets." - Bob Uecker

Read my blog! gbsportsguy.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by Elmira_College-Fan View Post
            What he said
            I must have missed it. Sorry

Comment

Originally posted by powerofyellowandblack View Post
              Then volunteer your time and help out. And like others have said, we have another usless thread *****ing about the DIII coverage. You are better than this, prof.
              Good point - just frustrated. If somebody wants to give me a job, I'd do it. Seriously. I'm retired.

Comment

Good point - just frustrated. If somebody wants to give me a job, I'd do it. Seriously. I'm retired.
                Perhaps you could split the duties with a recently graduated Journalism student - looking for work - fair knowledge of the sport - refining the resume - already with inside contacts - Beuler - Bewler - Beauler ?

Comment

Originally posted by Caveman-RC View Post
                  And like others have said, we have another usless thread *****ing about the DIII coverage. You are better than this, prof.

I disagree with both of you on this issue !!!

Any thread on this subject draws attention to an issue that is worthy of attention.

Some threads are redundant.......this one is not.

You are better than this POYB !!!

I
                  Last edited by NorthernLite; 10-25-2009, 03:00 PM.

Comment

Check your rep.
                    “You drive by some of these rinks in the winter and there isn't anybody out there. It's kind of sad, actually...Here it’s go to the rink, pay for your ice time and practice for an hour where we could just walk to the rink and skate for four hours if we wanted to...It was just a lot of fun. I wish I could go back and be eight years old for a couple days" -Neal Broten

2010-11 DIII Commitments
                    19gp, (23-24-47), +27

Comment

Originally posted by elbojpb View Post
                      Perhaps you could split the duties with a recently graduated Journalism student - looking for work - fair knowledge of the sport - refining the resume - already with inside contacts - Beuler - Bewler - Beauler ?
                      The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                      "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                      GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                      GO LAKERS!!!
                      GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                      "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                      Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by NorthernLite View Post
                        I disagree with both of you on this issue !!!

Any thread on this subject draws attention to an issue that is worthy of attention.

Some threads are redundant.......this one is not.

You are better than this POYB !!!

I
                        Maybe I am better, maybe I'm not. But it still gets irritating hearing people complain about something, and not do anything about it. Is it frustrating? To some extent, yes. But really, we should be glad we get anything at all...this is far more coverage than we have gotten that in the past.
                        "Career highlights? I had two - I got an intentional walk from Sandy Koufax and I got out of a rundown against the Mets." - Bob Uecker

Read my blog! gbsportsguy.wordpress.com

Comment

Maybe I am better, maybe I'm not. But it still gets irritating hearing people complain about something, and not do anything about it. Is it frustrating? To some extent, yes. But really, we should be glad we get anything at all...this is far more coverage than we have gotten that in the past.
                          What could be frustrating about trying to get info on a league that starts in some cases at the end of November and for which you can never see a game if you don't live there as nothing is fed.?

The point is that for many what is posted here is the only news they get.

Notice the period. I would be intersted to know if there are a few players who looked good, or if there was a defensive player who played well. Anything I can chew on for a while. Lucky I still have the younger guy at home and I can watch his games.

Stay away from him scouts ,,, I need him at home or I don't have any hockey I can watch. 6' 3" plus and skates like a dream. What am I saying, forget I posted that. He doesn't really exist. Honest.

Comment

Working...
                          X