Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Merrimack v. UConn

Predictions? Thoughts?

Should be another good one for MC coming off the win against UVM.

Re: Merrimack v. UConn

Originally posted by Warrior51 View Post
    Predictions? Thoughts?

Should be another good one for MC coming off the win against UVM.
    Apparently a lot of hype behind this game LOL

Predition/Thought...MC comes out flat after a huge win on Friday night, but picks it up in the 2nd and 3rd periods and wins 4-2, to make it 4 straight W's at home.
    As everyone knows... there was a crisis, as Justin (MCHOCKEY) went AWOL 4 minutes into the first game... and thankfully he wandered his way to the meet and greet in one piece... listening to Mike (Warrior51) tell this story was *** hilarious...

-Redman after the first night of the HE Tournament(2004).

Comment

Can't find radio or netcast of this game anywhere.... FWIW at 1830 left in the 3d MC is up 3-1.
      Please join me in the fight to reduce the world's supply of Bacardi.

Comment

Sounds like they took the game 4-1....Way to go Mack...4 in a row. Let's keep it going next weekend vs BC next weekend...it's a tough task, but with the way they are playing right now, anything is possible. Just ask UVM!!!
        As everyone knows... there was a crisis, as Justin (MCHOCKEY) went AWOL 4 minutes into the first game... and thankfully he wandered his way to the meet and greet in one piece... listening to Mike (Warrior51) tell this story was *** hilarious...

-Redman after the first night of the HE Tournament(2004).

Comment

Merrimack didn't play very well, but nice to pick up the W.

Comment

uconn doesn't have hockey fans..are there any on this board? i know patman went there but is primarily a lowell fan. in 22 years of living 10 minutes from storrs i couldn't tell you one person who could tell you the name of the coach except his wife who taught at my high school.
            time to write new history

Comment

Originally posted by slurpees View Post
              uconn doesn't have hockey fans..are there any on this board? i know patman went there but is primarily a lowell fan. in 22 years of living 10 minutes from storrs i couldn't tell you one person who could tell you the name of the coach except his wife who taught at my high school.
              Quite a few, actually. We used to be more numerous but pretty inactive as of late.
              UConn -- Clarkson

Comment

Originally posted by kingdobbs View Post
                Quite a few, actually. We used to be more numerous but pretty inactive as of late.
                I'm going to lace together a good rant one of these days... as I grow more disassociated with UConn the less I am likely to write one. UConn could put together a good hockey program, organizationally, if they really wanted to but they don't. The problem is most of the people around the program outside of the players don't have a lick of pride in themselves (I'm excepting fans from this one.) I don't understand why they are so OK with going through the motions. There's a lot of things they could go out and do better that either costs $0 or costs very little money. They can build a good energetic atmosphere if they tried but they just go through the motions. What's needed is more people who think they can go out and do better and agitate for it. Its seemed to me that at UConn a lot of people do their job and just move along. I don't get the sense that "hey, if we did a little of this and a little of that we could do something."

Maybe its just me. I've always got the sense that at Lowell that we could push that envelope and see what may come... float out the idea and see if it works... try to push and make improvements. I never got that feeling off of UConn... and some of that is athletic and some of that is institutional. Now, keep in mind I'm leaving out football but I have to wonder if a lot of football is institutional inertia and the entire will of Randy Edsall. I really wonder if Uconn could ever get anything done without some external mandate or the egos of Edsall, Calhoun, and Auriemma.

Its harder to be a fan when you don't perceive either interest or progress. Wouldn't mind seeing some interested students post on here... heck guys, you're free do it. I'm an over-educated loudmouth so just ignore me It would have been great to get the students at UConn into the program but to do it you have to get the hockey fans on board first. There are hockey fans at UConn but they aren't enticed enough to make the walk past Hilltop.

The funny thing is I have more pejorative names for Marshmallow than the number of people who know the coach.
                Last edited by Patman; 10-25-2009, 08:12 PM.
                BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                Skating Friar Jersey
                AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
                  Its harder to be a fan when you don't perceive either interest or progress.
                  You DO know you're in a Merrimack thread, right? :-)

Comment

Originally posted by MCHOCKEY View Post
                    Apparently a lot of hype behind this game LOL
                    It's to bad only 794 fans showed up to watch it.

Comment

Working...
                    X