X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SCSU 2009-2010 Season Thread

Here you go Red Cloud, a season thread.
    I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Re: SCSU 2009-2010 Season Thread

I'll be the second post for the season thread. Good effort this weekend. It will be a great year. I like this team.

Comment

Looking for a sweep next weekend. Anyone going to Houghton?

Wonder if Zabs and Novak will be ready? Whats up with Rioux, is he hurt or in the doghouse?

Barta looked better on Saturday against Duluth but early in the first he did give up a gift in the defensive zone to Duluth luckily Dunn made the save. I saw Motzko yelling at him to throw it up the boards, never across the slot like he did in that situation.

I like the idea of splitting time between Dunn and Lee, there is no way you can have Dunn sit on the bench after a performance like last night.

Team seems to be in position more and making better passes which was a huge worry for me early on this season. Looks like they are "gelling".

Comment

Originally posted by jazzam View Post
        Looking for a sweep next weekend. Anyone going to Houghton?

Wonder if Zabs and Novak will be ready? Whats up with Rioux, is he hurt or in the doghouse?

Barta looked better on Saturday against Duluth but early in the first he did give up a gift in the defensive zone to Duluth luckily Dunn made the save. I saw Motzko yelling at him to throw it up the boards, never across the slot like he did in that situation.

I like the idea of splitting time between Dunn and Lee, there is no way you can have Dunn sit on the bench after a performance like last night.

Team seems to be in position more and making better passes which was a huge worry for me early on this season. Looks like they are "gelling".
        Novak will be back for sure. He could have played saturday night if needed. Zabs you jsut never know with that stuff. Let's hope he didn't get hit again and it was just part of the process of coming back from a bad concussion. I have not heard Rioux is hurt so I would guess he is in the dog house... i don't get how Barta could still be in the line up every night.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Originally posted by scsutommyboy View Post
          Novak will be back for sure. He could have played saturday night if needed. Zabs you jsut never know with that stuff. Let's hope he didn't get hit again and it was just part of the process of coming back from a bad concussion. I have not heard Rioux is hurt so I would guess he is in the dog house... i don't get how Barta could still be in the line up every night.
          I have a feeling Rioux got caught with the wacky tobaccy again.
          St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
            And that is a bad thing?

In Bob we Trust!

Comment

And that is a bad thing?
              I'm not here to judge. I'm just sayin.
              St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
                Well, I don't know about that but given he hasn't played since week 2 it seems like it has to be more then just being in the dog house for poor play. Either academics or disciplinary...

The one thing I'm really liking this year is our aggressive penalty kill. Instead of sitting in that soft shell we're actually attacking the puck and forcing the other team to make a play.
                "Today I do what you won't, so tomorrow I can do what you can't." - Unknown

Between autocorrect, touch typing and a lack of desire or time to proofread on the internet, there are likely errors in any text I post. If pointing these out will add to your sense of self worth and validate your life, knock yourself out.

Comment

And that is a bad thing?
                  Well I'd imagine Motzko frowns on that kind of thing
                  "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                  -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                  Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                  Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                  Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                  Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Recruit Update

Milan: 21 pts (10G 11A) 5PIM in 15 games for Penticton (BCHL)
                    Dowd: 6 points (1G 5A) 4PIM +4 in 6 games for Indiana (USHL)
                    Oliver: 1 point (0G 1A) 17PIM -1 in 7 games for Fargo (USHL)
                    Ravndalen: 1 point (0G, 1A) -1 14PIM in 6 games for Waterloo (USHL)
                    Benik: 6 points (3G 3A) in 5 games for Minnesota (MNJHL)
                    Jensen: 2 points (0G, 2A) 4PIM +4 in 7 games for Green Bay (USHL)
                    Gravel: 0 points -4 in 7 games for Sioux City (USHL)

HS
                    Benik: St. Francis
                    Prochno: Minnetonka
                    Prochno: 6 points (1G 5A) 8PIM in 19 games for Team Southwest (Elite League)
                    "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                    -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                    Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty Bottles View Post
                      Well, I don't know about that but given he hasn't played since week 2 it seems like it has to be more then just being in the dog house for poor play. Either academics or disciplinary...

The one thing I'm really liking this year is our aggressive penalty kill. Instead of sitting in that soft shell we're actually attacking the puck and forcing the other team to make a play.
                      my question is why didn't they do that last year?

In Bob we Trust!

Comment

my question is why didn't they do that last year?
                        Young D-core that was not ready to do that would be my guess.
                        -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                        Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                          Young D-core that was not ready to do that would be my guess.
                          They left a young D out to dry by having them sit back. hopefully the coaching staff is going to make better decions this year. Of course Barta on the power play is not a good decision.

In Bob we Trust!

Comment

Here you go Red Cloud, a season thread.
                            Hey, I said it was a non judgmental observation. Come on TB, you're not Scooby, I can't control you.
                            Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

They left a young D out to dry by having them sit back. hopefully the coaching staff is going to make better decions this year. Of course Barta on the power play is not a good decision.
                              How do you figure they left them out to dry?
                              From what I saw last year, the D was inexperienced and they tried to counter that by shortening up the space they needed to "travel" on the PK.
                              Maybe they thought by shortening it up they could get sticks or bodies in the way of pucks.
                              But think about it this way, the only thing different from last year to this year is experience (and confidence) on the blueline.
                              -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                              Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

Working...
                              X