This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: SCSU 2009-2010 Season Thread

Mosey For Hobey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!~
    I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Both of you need to lay off the drugs and fast.
      "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
      -Gallagher

R.I.P.
      Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
      Grandma ~ Jan 2004
      Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
      Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Tony Mosey HUSTLE!

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
          I haven't seen all the games, but I've seen a couple so far, and listened to a few, and it sounds like Marvin has been working as hard as ever. So just because he doesn't end up in the boxscore, doesn't mean he's not scoring.

As for Raboin... everyone's dubbed me the biggest Raboin fan here, and I'll say it, Raboin's been disappointing so far this year. He's played well enough for 3 years to earn a little slack, so its not like he should be benched, but as a leader on this team, he needs to step up and do more. I love that he's become an offensive threat for like a year and 8 games now, but he needs to go back to being a shutdown D-man. Especially with the guys he has on the blueline.

Didn't see it, didn't hear it, but really have a hard time believing if we lost to MTU we put in a lot of effort.

You also have to keep in mind that Raboin has been paired with Barta for most/all the games. I wonder if he's playing a bit tenative knowing he has to cover for Barta. Just a thought...
          "Today I do what you won't, so tomorrow I can do what you can't." - Unknown

Between autocorrect, touch typing and a lack of desire or time to proofread on the internet, there are likely errors in any text I post. If pointing these out will add to your sense of self worth and validate your life, knock yourself out.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty Bottles View Post
            You also have to keep in mind that Raboin has been paired with Barta for most/all the games. I wonder if he's playing a bit tenative knowing he has to cover for Barta. Just a thought...
            I am pretty sure that was the case. Even though motzko felt Barta was one of the top six healthy defenseman, why would you play him on the top pairing and on the power play?

With the off week I am wonder if Eddy is close to coming back? He started skating two weeks ago. I know those high ankle sprains are tough and everybody heals differently.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

SCSU vs MTU Photo Gallery for the weekend is here:
              http://www.center-ice-club.org/photogallery.html

CIC Twitter is here:
              http://twitter.com/centericeclub

Vote for the CIC Player of the week here:
              http://www.centericeclub.com/

Gives the fans the opportunity to name the player of the week. Announced during the Bob Motzko Show Monday at 6:00 PM CT.
              "Zero Manipulation"

Comment

Listening to the Motzko show. Coach seems upbeat. Likes they only lost one game in three weeks. He knows they will be tested big the next three weeks.....Like usual I am not quite so upbeat about what has gone on the last three weeks.

In Bob we Trust!

Comment

What a surprise.
                  I like that the PP is clicking at 28% in our 3 wins and 2 ties but is 0-fer in the 3 losses.
                  We are definitely living and dying on special teams right now.
                  Also liked that he's not worried about Lasch and I like that teams are really keying on trying to stop him, as I feel it will and has opened up opportunities for others.
                  "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                  -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                  Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

Motzko show update:

I had the wings again.

Kolorful Ken had bacon cheeseburger and fries- and twice asked Motzko if Blais was going to be the next Gopher coach. No answer to that question.

Vicar sat in and also had wings.

Boomer was absent.
                    Bob is making me concerned
                    I am the voice of reason

Comment

Boomer missed the motzko show! Is he feeling ok?

Did anybody ask Motzko why Barta didn't play saturday? The team is 1-0 when he doesn't play.

In Bob we Trust!

Comment

Boomer was tired.

No one asked about Barta. North Dakota should be fun.
                        I am the voice of reason

Comment

Originally posted by Skeeterman View Post
                          Boomer was tired.

Are you going up to UND?

In Bob we Trust!

Comment

Myself and spouse and Boomer and his spousal equivalent will be travelling to UND. We are also going to attend the hockey games there. They have a fairly nice arena, with beautiful logos honoring the great Lakota nation throughout.
                            I am the voice of reason

Comment

Originally posted by Skeeterman View Post
                              Boomer was tired.

Yeah, I was tired so received Papal dispensation and was allowed to miss the Motzko Show featuring Kevin Allenspach. Let's see, I envisioned that Coach M. would tell us the WCHA is crazy tight, and on any given night. . . That he isn't worried about the scoring drought of Lasch and Marvin because the points will come . . . that they ran into a hot goaltender, that Tech is on the upswing, etc. etc.

So, how'd I do?

The show is held at Old Chicago in some off-room that is too small and is cramped. The waitstaff is never prepared for the 15-20 that do show up, so the service ends up being lousy. The show doesn't take questions anymore--usually the highlight in past year's was Skeeterman's "joke question." They have the infamous bye week coming up, so no news on the next games.

Yes, going to UND with the Skeeterman's. Last year after getting our asses kicked Friday night, I recommend going back to Minnesota because of impending blizzard. Well, the blizzard was late, but we did manage to dodge a real ***-kicking Sat. night (7-4, I think).

I have come to the conclusion that this team has about half the talent the teams from 1999-2001 had. And even if I think Craig Dahl was not a good coach, at least his team's would hit somebody and play physical. Instead, this team comes up with games (about half of them) where they play soft, too "polite" or too "professional" or whatever they have to come up with to excuse their poor performance. Oh, yeah. Puck Luck. Bad Bounce.

Get why I was tired? Tired of the same old . . .

Comment

I don't think Motzko is "excusing" anything, but I also don't think getting all ****y about it on a radio show is going to do anything either.
                                No practice this week, mandatory week off so the guys will be working on conditioning this week, hopefully they find some chemistry in the lineup next week.
                                I do believe they are close, I think the D is there and the goaltending is fine, the offense just needs to starting scoring 5 on 5 and not just on the PP.
                                -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                                Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

Working...
                                X