X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SCSU 2009-2010 Season Thread

Originally posted by Skeeterman View Post
    I'm blaming the freshman goalie. Plenty of blame to go around, but when it comes down to it, a star goalie needs to stop a guy on a breakaway. No screen, no excuse.
    I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

I'm blaming the freshman goalie. Plenty of blame to go around, but when it comes down to it, a star goalie needs to stop a guy on a breakaway. No screen, no excuse.
      At least he doesn't let in soft wristers from the top of the circle with no screen. :/

Lee is fine, the offense needs to finish. I thought they played well for the most part. Obviously there's room for improvement but I've seen much worse efforts in the recent past.

I'm sure they'll earn the split tonight.
      St. Cloud State University: 0-9 in ... 2010?

Comment

Originally posted by Junk View Post
        I'm sure they'll earn the split tonight.
        I'm hopin' for it.

Comment

Lee loses another one for us. He needs to take a break and watch Dunn for a while. This team is sick. I'm going to look for a job in Grand Forks.
          Take it from me... you don't want to do that.

Comment

Originally posted by scsutommyboy View Post

Who was blaming the freshman goalie?

Hey, it was a rant it doesn't have to make complete sense!

Honestly, don't know who it was exactly but I thought a few folks were at least implying Lee was part of the problem. If I misread then please ignore that part of the rant.
            "Today I do what you won't, so tomorrow I can do what you can't." - Unknown

Between autocorrect, touch typing and a lack of desire or time to proofread on the internet, there are likely errors in any text I post. If pointing these out will add to your sense of self worth and validate your life, knock yourself out.

Comment

Wow, tough crowd. I suppose if they tell you he is baby Jesus I guess he should be perfect.
              I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

It's early in the season but this team is fast becoming a big disappointment. My top 3 expectation is all but gone. I don't care how dominating or good the team looks for parts of the game, if they can't get the win against a team like Tech they will not be able to compete with the top teams in the conference. It's early, they need time to gel, they're missing guys, etc etc. I used to buy into that, enough, they are talented and need to win now. Lee is going to be great, but I have more confidence in Dunn at this point and losing games now hurts just as much as at the end of the season. I'm not saying they should bench Lee but why not give Dunn the Friday night start? Is Lee in there to see if he can get a shutout and earn the Saturday night start? Fact is Dunn has been the better goalie, period. I really hope they can get the W tonight and start to get this season turned around in the next couple series. Play like a Godd@mn team and start hitting people too! Otherwise the season could be a lost cause before we know it.

Comment

I really liked Dunn's play last weekend when he went for the en goal on Saturday night. What I really liked about it was that, IMO, he completely understands his/Lee's situation. It's like this, Motzko has tabbed Lee the heir apparent to Weslosky and Dunn knows he cannot change that. So, he might as well do things his way. Go for the empty netter. I like it. It wasn't the right thing to do, but so what. Unfortunately, it is a paradigm that some of the players have used against Bob. It’s why some forwards can play on the fourth line one night and the #1 PP unit the next. It’s why some shifts last 3 minutes. It’s why some forwards don’t back check. It’s why some defenseman continually skate themselves into corners. It’s why too many of these guys are just playing for themselves. Your right, it is early in the season, but Bob doesn't change....ever.

Comment

Originally posted by wild77 View Post
                    I really liked Dunn's play last weekend when he went for the en goal on Saturday night. What I really liked about it was that, IMO, he completely understands his/Lee's situation. It's like this, Motzko has tabbed Lee the heir apparent to Weslosky and Dunn knows he cannot change that. So, he might as well do things his way. Go for the empty netter. I like it. It wasn't the right thing to do, but so what. Unfortunately, it is a paradigm that some of the players have used against Bob. It’s why some forwards can play on the fourth line one night and the #1 PP unit the next. It’s why some shifts last 3 minutes. It’s why some forwards don’t back check. It’s why some defenseman continually skate themselves into corners. It’s why too many of these guys are just playing for themselves. Your right, it is early in the season, but Bob doesn't change....ever.
                    Good assessment. Now, here's what I know about hockey: The goalie's job is to stop pucks. When the other guys goof up, that's where the goalie comes in, to stop the puck. Most of the other guys are trying to put the puck in the net. When they do, it counts as a goal. The team with the most goals wins. when the goalie lets more in than his teammates score, he loses the game. Lee has lost 2 games for us. Those 4 points may make a huge difference at the end of the season. Toohard on Lee? Maybe, but he's got to do more than sieve out each game to be a #1 goalie. He'll probably get there, but for now, Dunn should start Fridays and Lee maybe gets a Saturday here and there once he gets sharp.

I'm here to help.
                    Bob is making me concerned
                    I am the voice of reason

Comment

• Re: SCSU 2009-2010 Season Thread

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
                      Where is everyone to take a big crap on Aaron Marvin since he hasn't scored yet?

Barta was great last year, but he AND Raboin have hung Lee out to dry a couple times this year. Why the hate for Brett and nothing for Garrett? Who says he didn't just have a tough month and a rebound is on the horizon?
                      I haven't seen all the games, but I've seen a couple so far, and listened to a few, and it sounds like Marvin has been working as hard as ever. So just because he doesn't end up in the boxscore, doesn't mean he's not scoring.

As for Raboin... everyone's dubbed me the biggest Raboin fan here, and I'll say it, Raboin's been disappointing so far this year. He's played well enough for 3 years to earn a little slack, so its not like he should be benched, but as a leader on this team, he needs to step up and do more. I love that he's become an offensive threat for like a year and 8 games now, but he needs to go back to being a shutdown D-man. Especially with the guys he has on the blueline.

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                      We had to lose to Tech at some point.
                      It sucks it was in a game where the effort was there but the execution was lacking.
                      These guys are still a work in progress and there is a lot of time left.
                      Didn't see it, didn't hear it, but really have a hard time believing if we lost to MTU we put in a lot of effort.
                      tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                        Didn't see it, didn't hear it, but really have a hard time believing if we lost to MTU we put in a lot of effort.
                        Agreed.

By the way, Tony Mosey had two goals this weekend.
                        St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

I've always said that Mosey is the real deal.
                          Bob is making me concerned
                          I am the voice of reason

Comment

Well they won, but didn't look good either night. God I hope they play better in two weeks at UND or the are going to get killled.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Originally posted by scsutommyboy View Post
                              God I hope they play better in two weeks at UND or the are going to get killled.
                              There's an understatement. But UAA went out and beat UND. Weirder stuff has happened.
                              St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
                                There's an understatement. But UAA went out and beat UND. Weirder stuff has happened.
                                That was at home.

In Bob we Trust!

Comment

Working...
                                X