This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: SCSU 2009-2010 Season Thread

Good evening from TD Bank Sports Center in Hamden.

SCSU's lineup tonight is as follows:

Mosey-Roe-Novak
    Festler-Marvin-Lasch
    Hanowski-LeBlanc-Eddy
    Christian-Oslund-Ammerman

Hepp-Raboin
    Lauridsen-Johnson
    Gaudet-Zabkowicz

Junior Dan Dunn is in net for the Huskies.

For Quinnipiac:
    Rolheiser-Zurevinski-Langlois
    Atkinson-Lampe-Heichman
    Goodman-Wong-Beaudoin
    X-Arnt-Ketchum

Currie-Hansen
    Glaicar-Dickinson
    Dalhuisen-Barron
    Davies

Sophomore Dan Clarke gets the nod in net.

You can follow the game tonight on Twitter with my account (realet) tonight in Kevin Allenspach's absence.
    Without A Peer - Full coverage of RPI Men's and Women's Hockey, with a twist of lemon.

Without A Peer live tweets every RPI hockey game, men's and women's. Follow us at @without_a_peer on Twitter.

Comment

Good win for the Huskies. I didn't get to see this one tonight so I have no idea how they played, but I will take a win any way we can get it. Anybody see how they played?
      I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Originally posted by scsutommyboy View Post
        Good win for the Huskies. I didn't get to see this one tonight so I have no idea how they played, but I will take a win any way we can get it. Anybody see how they played?
        Offense could have been crisper, some lazy passes, especially in the 3rd but the D was fantastic.
        Kept a lot to the outside, the Bobcats didn't get a lot of quality chances all night and the one goal they did get bounced off about 3 people before sliding in.
        Workman like win, not flashy, but it sure got the job done.
        "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
        -Gallagher

R.I.P.
        Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
        Grandma ~ Jan 2004
        Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
        Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
          Kept a lot to the outside, the Bobcats didn't get a lot of quality chances all night and the one goal they did get bounced off about 3 people before sliding in.
          That about sums it up. Nice job by the Huskies.
          Quinnipiac Bobcats
          2023 National Champions
          ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
          ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
          East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
          Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
          Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
          Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

It did sound like Dunn made one outstanding save. There was a rebound and a guy basically had an open net and Dunn somehow stopped it with his stick. Wasn't pretty but a win is a win. Nice work by the team and they need to follow it up with a solid 60 minutes Sat night.

I know it's non-conference and you want to try different things but what is with the constant line changes by Motzko? I know he's done this regularly in the past but at this point in the season shouldn't the guys start playing with the same linemates to start building some chemistry? I don't think we've seen the same lines from one weekend to the next this entire season. I'll obviously give him the benefit of the doubt and maybe he just hasn't seen anything that has really clicked yet but at some point (and hopefully soon) they find some consistent lines.

Comment

Originally posted by huskiesfan1990 View Post
              Maybe during the Gophers game, instead of the inevitable brawl that's going to occur at some point during the game, they should have the two players sit down at center ice and talk about their issues, and work them out peacefully. After all, we don't want the fans getting the idea that violence is the answer to our problems, even if it is a dirty hit.
              Uh... sorry to spoil the fun, 'cause I'm sure love getting all worked up over the Gopher series and not really any others, but our Gopher games over the last 5 to 6 years haven't by any means been one of our more physical opponents.

Originally posted by motox View Post
              I know it's non-conference and you want to try different things but what is with the constant line changes by Motzko? I know he's done this regularly in the past but at this point in the season shouldn't the guys start playing with the same linemates to start building some chemistry?
              You kinda answered your own question. Its January, and it was a non-conference game. Be upset when Motzko pulls out brand new lineups when we travel to the Kohl Center, but I wouldn't say we've found a great deal of chemistry in the lines, so this is a perfectly good series to toy around with lineups.
              tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

I was just at Scheels and they have shirts (made by nike) that say Husky Nation. Really? That's not a thing is it? I hope it's not a thing. For one, its been done over and over...and over. Also, anyone who wears it to a road game would be ridiculed mercilessly, like the guy that did the Beaver Nation video.
                SCSU Hockey: 2001 WCHA Playoff Champions, 2013 WCHA Champions & Frozen Four, 2014 NCHC Champions, 2016 NCHC Playoff Champions
                UMD Women: 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2010
                Gopher Football: 1934, 1935, 1936, 1940, 1941, 1960
                Johnnie Football: 1963, 1965, 1976, 2003
                UMD Football: 2008, 2010
                UMD Men: 2011

Comment

Hasn't been the most physical with the Gophs except when Stephenson was about ready to pummel poor little tony lucia a few years back

Comment

I see QU has dropped out of the top 25 of the PWR. What impact does that have for a win or loss tonight. If I counted correctly, 6 WCHA teams in the top 10!

Comment

Originally posted by wchaforever View Post
                      I see QU has dropped out of the top 25 of the PWR. What impact does that have for a win or loss tonight. If I counted correctly, 6 WCHA teams in the top 10!
                      They were out of the top 25 prior to last night.

Basically, the game plan for SCSU is to win tonight and then hope Quinnipiac starts playing the way they were at the beginning of the season for the rest of the year starting next week.
                      Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by crossbarjoe View Post
                        Hasn't been the most physical with the Gophs except when Stephenson was about ready to pummel poor little tony lucia a few years back
                        Yeah, but you can bring up an incident like that with ANY WCHA opponent sometime over the last few years. Hell, I was amazed at how much crap was going on with SCSU and MTU when they came to the NHC.

Hey, somebody else just posted about SCSU gear, and that reminded me; does anyone know where they sell the SCSU fleece helmets anymore? I've seen them at Scheel's and I thought they sold them at the games too, and of all people my father said he wanted one (which is funny on a number of levels) and I told him that I didn't know of a single place that sold them anymore, and for all I knew, they may not make them anymore. Anyone have some inside info on this one?
                        tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by The Boomer View Post

The Coach asked his three unofficial assistants to help him out with line selections. First, we tell him that he should put Rioux at a wing. He quips, "Hey, we've thought of that." Tommyboy, send your Christmas list of lines that you posted--well, around Christmas. Skeets will pass it on. From what we can remember, it was brilliant and even made sense.
                          Ha!! Look who is playing wing tonight against Q-Lack!! Second period just ended, and Rioux had a scoring opportunity (Peckskamp missed the pass), good defensive play and a hit. Motzko knows how to pick his unofficial assistants.

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                            You kinda answered your own question. Its January, and it was a non-conference game. Be upset when Motzko pulls out brand new lineups when we travel to the Kohl Center, but I wouldn't say we've found a great deal of chemistry in the lines, so this is a perfectly good series to toy around with lineups.
                            Sure, this weekend I get changing it up. But it's been that way every single weekend this year. Rabid pointed out on dahuskies.com that Motzko seems to keep two guys together all the time and then rotate a player on those lines. That definitely seems to be true and makes a little more sense but I still think an entire line needs to be together on a consistent basis to develop a certain level of chemistry.

Moving on, great job getting the sweep by the Huskies! Certainly not their best games and their play still needs to improve but wins are what matters. If they were playing like this and losing it would be a much different situation. Gophers look to have found their game against UND this weekend and will be a big test next weekend. Should be fun!

Comment

I wasn't sure what to expect this weekend but it ended up being a pretty good series. Hats off to SCSU for giving it their all. Good luck the rest of the way.
                              Quinnipiac Bobcats
                              2023 National Champions
                              ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                              ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                              East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
                              Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
                              Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                              Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
                                I wasn't sure what to expect this weekend but it ended up being a pretty good series. Hats off to SCSU for giving it their all. Good luck the rest of the way.
                                IT sounds like your program is onthe rise and wiht a new building things should only improve. Good Luck to you guys the rest of the way and go out and win the ECAC and make our power go up.
                                I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Working...
                                X