X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: SCSU 2009-2010 Season Thread

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
    Cam Reid has apparently de-committed from UNH and committed to SCSU.
    Source?

Never mind, I found it in the gamer.
    Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
      Cam Reid has apparently de-committed from UNH and committed to SCSU.
      When would he be coming in and what position does he play? Is he known for anything in particular?

Comment

Originally posted by motox View Post
        When would he be coming in and what position does he play? Is he known for anything in particular?
        http://www.bchl.ca/leagues/rosters_p...layerID=331392
        I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Thanks, suppose I could've done that myself. Usually FTLT/Rabid has some background info on guys coming in.....although with this guy just committing doubt he was on anyone's radar. Nice to see that he's averaging over a point per game.

Comment

St. Cloud State recently got a verbal commitment from Cam Reid, an 18-year-old forward from the Westside Warriors of the BCHL. Reid, who is 6-foot-3, 197 pounds, is from Delta, British Columbia. He also is a seventh-round draftee of the Nashville Predators.

"He's real strong and he's got great vision," said Westside coach Darren Yopyk, who was an assistant coach at Merrimack last season. "He can make plays and he's got great hand skills for a big guy. He needs to work on his defense, but I think his upside is tremendous. He had a lot of interest from a lot of schools, but St. Cloud State did a great job recruiting him."

Westside was playing Saturday night, so Reid was not immediately available. Through 38 games this season, he was 10th in BCHL scoring with 19 goals and 35 assists for 54 points. He also had six power-play goals and 52 penalty minutes. He was traded from Victoria to Westside last season and has 41 goals and 79 assists in 151 career games.

"He centers our top line and plays a lot of power-play minutes," Yopyk said. "I'm using him to kill penalties, too, to try and help him get better defensively. But I think he's going to be a great player if he keeps going the way he is."

Reid joins a list of recruits who have either signed or given verbal commitments that includes forwards Joey Benik, Nic Dowd, Garrett Hendrickson, Joey Holka, Garrett Milan, Nick Oliver and Bryce Ravndalen, and defensemen Brandon Burrell, Tim Daly, Kevin Gravel, Nick Jensen and Andrew Prochno. SCSU coaches are prohibited from public comment on recruits until they sign a letter of intent.
            "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
            -Gallagher

R.I.P.
            Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
            Grandma ~ Jan 2004
            Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
            Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by allnightwong View Post
              Here is the list of player value and statistical worth for anyone who has not signed up yet. I believe we have 12 so far, not too bad at all.

PLAYER SALARY CAP HIT $
              Ben Arnt $3
              Mike Atkinson $4
              Loren Barron $3
              Jean-Marc Beaudoin $5
              Yuri Bouharevich $4
              Sean Coughlin $2
              Zack Currie $2
              Mike Dalhuisen $3
              Zach Davies $3
              Brett Dickinson $3
              Mike Glaicar $3
              Russell Goodman $2
              Zach Hansen $4
              Clay Harvey $3
              Spencer Heichman $3
              Greg Holt $4
              Ben Ketchum $2
              Eric Lampe $6
              Jeremy Langlois $5
              Sami Liimatainen $2
              D’Arcy Oakes $2
              Reese Rolheiser $4
              Bobby Tyson $2
              Brandon Wong $6
              Scott Zurevinski $6

You earn points in each game by first selecting your "team" from members of the Quinnipiac Bobcats roster. Bobcats players earn points for you by gaining tallies in the statistical categories listed below. But you are limited in the number of players that you can choose by a salary cap. Players that typically earn more points will cost more to purchase for your team. Fill your team with as many players you want up to $20.

Player salaries will go up and down over the season depending on if that player is hot or cold.

Forwards/Defense:
              Even strength goals/assists: 10pts/9pts each
              Power-play goals/assists: 8pts/7pt each
              Short-handed goals/assists: 12pts/11pts each
              Penalty minutes: -1pt each minute
              Plus/Minus: Rating multiplied by 2pts
              Shots on goal: 1pt each
              Blocked shots: 2pts each
              Faceoffs (won minus lost): 1pt
              3-star recipient: 10pts
              Saw this on a Quinnipiac page we should do something like this
              Originally posted by Mankato student
              Are their innings or quarters in this sport?
              "Bush and Paulson and Greenspan and their clique are “free marketeers” in the same way that Olive Garden is an Italian restaurant."
              -- Peter Klein

Comment

Recruit Update

Forwards
                Milan: 41 points (23G 18A) 9PIM in 40 games for Penticton (BCHL)
                Dowd: 24 points (7G 17A) 28PIM +9 in 25 games for Indiana (USHL) (leads team in points)
                Oliver: 9 points (2G 7A) 54PIM -1 in 29 games for Fargo (USHL)
                Ravndalen: 11 points (7G, 4A) 32PIM -4 in 25 games for Waterloo (USHL) (injured)
                Benik: 15 points (11G 4A) 2PIM in 9 games for Minnesota (MNJHL)
                Holka: 34 points (21G 13A) 59PIM in 43 games for Penticton (BCHL)
                Reid: 55 points (19G 36A) 52PIM in 39 games for Westside (BCHL) (leads team in assists, 2nd in points)

Defense
                Jensen: 10 points (0G, 10A) 8PIM +14 in 26 games for Green Bay (USHL)
                Gravel: 3 points (2G 1A) 10PIM -1 in 23 games for Sioux City (USHL)
                Daly: 31 points (9G 22A) 63PIM in 43 games for Langley (BCHL) (leading D-scorer on team)
                Burrell: 19 points (2G 17A) 21PIM +6 in 35 games for Wenatchee (NAHL)

HS
                Benik: 50 points (32G 18A) 8PIM +33 in 14 games for St. Francis (leads state in goals and points)
                Hendrickson: 39 points (18G 21A) 12PIM +8 in 16 games for Virginia (leads team in scoring)
                Hendrickson: 24 points (9G 15A) in 24 games for Team North (Elite League)
                Prochno: 26 points (6G 20A) 10PIM +19 in 14 games for Minnetonka (leads team in D scoring)
                Prochno: 12 points (3G 9A) 12PIM in 25 games for Team Southwest (Elite League)
                "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by ts8801 View Post
                  Saw this on a Quinnipiac page we should do something like this
                  If you set it all up I will play.
                  I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Somebody keeps feeling compelled to give me neg rep the last couple of days, without the maturity to sign it. Come on folks, you disagree with my opinion or comments, at least have the balls to back it up.

Comment

Thanks, suppose I could've done that myself. Usually FTLT/Rabid has some background info on guys coming in.....although with this guy just committing doubt he was on anyone's radar. Nice to see that he's averaging over a point per game.
                      If by 'not on anyone's radar' you mean: 'committed to UNH 2 years ago, but couldn't get in academically, you're correct. Loss for UNH gain for SCSU, good luck the rest of this year!

Comment

Originally posted by WildShawn View Post
                        If by 'not on anyone's radar' you mean: 'committed to UNH 2 years ago, but couldn't get in academically, you're correct. Loss for UNH gain for SCSU, good luck the rest of this year!
                        You mean he couldn't get in to UNH but can get in to the fine learning institution of St. Cloud State, blasphemy!

Although what I really meant was that he probably wouldn't have been on any of our fans radar as far as potential recruits. We have a few in our fanbase that do a great job of keeping the rest of us up-to-date on potential/signed recruits. But thanks and good luck the rest of the year as well, unless we meet you in the NCAAs again.

Comment

Originally posted by scsutommyboy View Post
                          If you set it all up I will play.
                          I could set it up but I can't find a site that has blocked shots or faceoffs won/lost. If someone can point me in the direction of a site like that I would set it up. The scsu page has blocked shots but not listed out for the team.

EDIT: I found faceoffs, still looking for blocked shots if anyone kind find a site with it.
                          Last edited by ts8801; 01-11-2010, 01:36 PM.
                          "Bush and Paulson and Greenspan and their clique are “free marketeers” in the same way that Olive Garden is an Italian restaurant."
                          -- Peter Klein

Comment

Originally posted by NCAA watcher
                            Rank Name Team League Height Weight Position

60 GRAVEL, KEVIN SIOUX CITY USHL 6' 4" 185 D

155 PROCHNO, ANDREW MINNETONKA HIGH-MN 5' 9.75" 170 D

159 DALY, TIM LANGLEY BCHL 5' 10" 165 D

185 HENDRICKSON, GARRETT VIRGINIA HIGH-MN 6' 0.5" 165 C
                            I think i got them all
                            -- Peter Klein

Comment

Originally posted by ts8801 View Post
                              I could set it up but I can't find a site that has blocked shots or faceoffs won/lost. If someone can point me in the direction of a site like that I would set it up. The scsu page has blocked shots but not listed out for the team.

EDIT: I found faceoffs, still looking for blocked shots if anyone kind find a site with it.
                              We ended up getting rid of blocked shots. Our official stat page lists faceoffs won or lost, but you can omit that too. But beware...our boys went 1-6-1 after we started the league. It has since been cancelled. It was great fun while it lasted though. Any other questions let me know.

Comment

Motzko show discussion on high hits. Motzko blames the face mask for all the games ill's and I agree 100%. Good to know Motzko does have some common sense...
                                I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Working...
                                X