X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: SCSU 2009-2010 Season Thread

Originally posted by scsutommyboy View Post
    Happy New Year Sunshine.
    If you would have paid attention, you'd have realized I wasn't advocating for any lines or saying it was the right thing to do, just that the lineup hadn't changed and scoring has been up since the lineup has been more steady.
    But again, say anything positive and I'm a coach or player lover...
    "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
    -Gallagher

R.I.P.
    Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
    Grandma ~ Jan 2004
    Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
    Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
      Each has played 2 games so neither is a back up yet.
      Again though, not that I expect you to pay attention.
      I would say that the goalie that played against Team Canada would be the #1 goalie. Lee gave up 3 goals to a weak team, luckily his team scored 7.
      Bob is making me concerned
      I am the voice of reason

Comment

Originally posted by Skeeterman View Post
        I would say that the goalie that played against Team Canada would be the #1 goalie. Lee gave up 3 goals to a weak team, luckily his team scored 7.
        It's possible but so far it's been a rotation, Lee then Campbell.
        Each has given up 4 but so far, Campbell has the only loss.
        "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
        -Gallagher

R.I.P.
        Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

Forwards

Jared Festler-Garrett Roe-David Eddy
          Ben Hanowski-Drew LeBlanc-Brian Volpei
          Jordy Christian-Aaron Marvin-Travis Novak
          Tony Mosey-Nick Oslund-Ryan Lasch

Defensemen

Chris Hepp-Garrett Raboin
          Craig Gaudet-Brett Barta
          Oliver Lauridsen-Taylor Johnson

Goalies

Dan Dunn
          Nate Hardy
          -Gallagher

R.I.P.
          Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

Ah, the goalie controversy! Lee looked shakey on two of the three goals in the first game and I didn't see his second game. Campbell played OK against Canada, but in the third he (like Lee) couldn't come up with a game-winning save. Lee will probably get the game today against Finland, and this will be his most important test so far. There is no guarantee that the USA will get far enough to play Canada again. Personally, I would pick Canada in a rematch--they played a little loose against the USA in the first two periods, and doubt if they would do that again. I don't think it will matter if Campbell or Lee is in net.

So, how 'bout those lines for tonight's Brown/Black Bear game? Wholesale changes, and I like the experiment. For the Huskies to win in the second half, they will need:

-Better production from Hanowski and Eddy.
            -Better production from Marvin, Novak and LeBlanc.
            -Better team play from Roe.
            -Prochno to quit high school and immediately join the Huskies!!

Can't wait to get back to the Nat'l Concrete Center!! Women's tourney at noon (Huskies play at 3) and with a Brown ticket, you see the women's games free.

Comment

Since it is almost Christmas I thought it would be nice to see what lines everybody would love to see in the second half. It is obvious to me this team is not scoring even strength and things need to be switched around. Let's just say it is a Christmas wish for us Rubes. Here are my lines.

Eddy Roe Oslund- I think Oslund has been playing well and deserves a shot at the top line. He isn't good enough to play center so why not move him over to wing? Roe plays better when on the first line. Must be a ego thing.

Lasch Marvin Novak- Marvin needs to be on Lasch's line to make up for his defensive shortcomings and I think Novak would fit in nicely. Lasch has always performed well on the 2nd line, so why not put him back there. If anything maybe it will be a motivator.....

Festler LeBlanc Hanowski- I have always liked this line and if you give them time I think they will gel nicely...

Mosey Christian Volpei- Mosey is to good on the power play not to put in the line up and since he can't score even strength he might as well be on the 4th line.
              Forwards

Jared Festler-Garrett Roe-David Eddy

Ben Hanowski-Drew LeBlanc-Brian Volpei

Jordy Christian-Aaron Marvin-Travis Novak

Tony Mosey-Nick Oslund-Ryan Lasch

Well, you got the right 12 guys TB!

Comment

http://www.sctimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll...Id=personaDest

Some interesting quotes in there
                -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

Volpei left in the first, hopefully it's not serious.
                  -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                  Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

Recruit Update

Forwards
                    Milan: 40 points (23G 17A) 9PIM in 37 games for Penticton (BCHL)
                    Dowd: 21 points (6G 15A) 28PIM +6 in 23 games for Indiana (USHL) (leads team in points)
                    Oliver: 7 points (1G 6A) 50PIM -2 in 26 games for Fargo (USHL)
                    Ravndalen: 12 points (7G, 5A) 32PIM -4 in 25 games for Waterloo (USHL)
                    Benik: 15 points (11G 4A) 2PIM in 9 games for Minnesota (MNJHL)
                    Holka: 34 points (21G 13A) 55PIM in 40 games for Penticton (BCHL)

Defense
                    Jensen: 8 points (0G, 8A) 8PIM +13 in 24 games for Green Bay (USHL)
                    Gravel: 2 points (1G 1A) 4PIM +1 in 20 games for Sioux City (USHL)
                    Daly: 30 points (9G 21A) 59PIM in 41 games for Langley (BCHL) (leading D-scorer on team)
                    Burrell: 17 points (1G 16A) 19PIM +7 in 32 games for Wenatchee (NAHL)

HS
                    Benik: 41 points (27G 14A) 6PIM +28 in 12 games for St. Francis (leads state in goals and points)
                    Hendrickson: 34 points (16G 18A) 10PIM +8 in 14 games for Virginia (leads team in scoring)
                    Hendrickson: 24 points (9G 15A) in 24 games for Team North (Elite League)
                    Prochno: 21 points (5G 16A) 6PIM +14 in 11 games for Minnetonka
                    Prochno: 12 points (3G 9A) 12PIM in 25 games for Team Southwest (Elite League)
                    -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                    Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

Volpei left in the first, hopefully it's not serious.
                      He showed up yesterday to the Women's game with his arm in a sling.
                      Originally posted by Skeeterman
                      Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
                      "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

Originally posted by Lady wore Black View Post
                        He showed up yesterday to the Women's game with his arm in a sling.
                        Radio said in the pre-game he might be out 1-2 weeks.
                        -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                        Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

Radio said in the pre-game he might be out 1-2 weeks.
                          Luckly he is one of those average guys that can be replaced by one of our usual bench players. I think I would play Ryan over Peckskamp, but in the end it probably doesn't matter who plays on the 4th line.

Oh by the way coach switched the lines up a lot this weekend. I guess status quo isn't a good idea. I liked the Eddy/Roe/Festler line a lot. I also liked Leblanc with Lasch. I am not sure Hanowski is ready for the top line, but I can live with him playing LAsch and Leblanc.

I watched the end of the USA/Sweden game and Lee looked pretty good. If he plays good on tuesday I could see him being the man for Motzko down the stretch. We all know Motzko likes to ride one goalie and it is obvious he doesn't think Dunn can handle it.......
                          I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Luckly he is one of those average guys that can be replaced by one of our usual bench players. I think I would play Ryan over Peckskamp, but in the end it probably doesn't matter who plays on the 4th line.

Oh by the way coach switched the lines up a lot this weekend. I guess status quo isn't a good idea. I liked the Eddy/Roe/Festler line a lot. I also liked Leblanc with Lasch. I am not sure Hanowski is ready for the top line, but I can live with him playing LAsch and Leblanc.

I watched the end of the USA/Sweden game and Lee looked pretty good. If he plays good on tuesday I could see him being the man for Motzko down the stretch. We all know Motzko likes to ride one goalie and it is obvious he doesn't think Dunn can handle it.......
                            It doesn't matter who takes Volpei's spot becasue that person is going to get about 6 shifts in the entire game. Bob, threw out Lasch a couple of times with Mosey and Oslund and left Pecks on the bench. Must figure he is the reason they can't score 5 on 5. Thank goodness Brown was willing to take several stupid penalties Sunday night.

Comment

Originally posted by wild77 View Post
                              It doesn't matter who takes Volpei's spot becasue that person is going to get about 6 shifts in the entire game. Bob, threw out Lasch a couple of times with Mosey and Oslund and left Pecks on the bench. Must figure he is the reason they can't score 5 on 5. Thank goodness Brown was willing to take several stupid penalties Sunday night.
                              all the penalties made the game boring. There was no flow at all and it hurt the Huskies in a way because they have the deeper more talented team and a lot of the guys who don't play special teams sat a lot on the bench watching. Good thing their power play was good enough to pump a few in and get the win.
                              I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

I really think it's becoming obvious that Dunn just can't do it, not as a regular.
                                I mean he wasn't awful against Brown on Saturday but he wasn't very good either, and watching him I wonder if he's mentally all there the 2nd night.
                                He's done back to back starts I think 5 times now and the only one where he's played better or up to snuff the 2nd night was against Maine last year in the Christmas tourney in a game we tied.
                                This was his first win in a 2nd night start and I think if it had been a better opponent, he may not have gotten it regardless of how the team did in front of him.
                                I think he can play, I just don't think he can be "the guy."
                                Last edited by First Time, Long Time; 01-05-2010, 12:13 AM.
                                -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                                Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

Working...
                                X