X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: SCSU 2009-2010 Season Thread

Originally posted by Husckey Domi Nation View Post
    Did anyone notice that Mike Lee shutdown UND on behalf of the U20 team at the Ralph last Saturday?

I'm hoping it is a sign for better things in 2010.
    Not sure if you noticed but he had a whole slew of badasses in front of him.

Just sayin'.
    Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
      Not sure if you noticed but he had a whole slew of badasses in front of him.

Just sayin'.
      And form what I saw not many shots on goal.
      I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Originally posted by scsutommyboy View Post
        Since it is almost Christmas I thought it would be nice to see what lines everybody would love to see in the second half. It is obvious to me this team is not scoring even strength and things need to be switched around. Let's just say it is a Christmas wish for us Rubes. Here are my lines.

Eddy Roe Oslund- I think Oslund has been playing well and deserves a shot at the top line. He isn't good enough to play center so why not move him over to wing? Roe plays better when on the first line. Must be a ego thing.

Lasch Marvin Novak- Marvin needs to be on Lasch's line to make up for his defensive shortcomings and I think Novak would fit in nicely. Lasch has always performed well on the 2nd line, so why not put him back there. If anything maybe it will be a motivator.....

Festler LeBlanc Hanowski- I have always liked this line and if you give them time I think they will gel nicely...

Mosey Christian Volpei- Mosey is to good on the power play not to put in the line up and since he can't score even strength he might as well be on the 4th line.
        Took a look at that and at first glimpse thought it looked good, but figured I'd look at it again later when I had time, maybe throw in something that I'd tweak. Honestly... I don't see anyone I'd move around there. I like the top two lines because they've each got someone with size to make up for a midget and I thinik that by the end of the year, depending on how they develop obviously, that could be the best 3rd line in college hockey. And that 4th line isn't exactly just a bunch of junk lefovers; I like Christian's potential, and I've always been a Volpei person, especially with his speed. I obviously don't ahve any Tony Mosey posters up on my walls, but if he's gonna stay in the games, which it looks like he will, that's a good group to put him with and maybe some of their good traits would rub off on him.
        tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Festler LeBlanc Hanowski- I have always liked this line and if you give them time I think they will gel nicely...
          This. Man they looked good earlier in the year, didn't they? Why change something that seemed to have so much potential? Right on TB, right on.

Comment

Tommyboy, you need to forward that line-up to Motzko's e-mail. I mean it.
            Bob is making me concerned
            I am the voice of reason

Comment

Originally posted by motox View Post
              This. Man they looked good earlier in the year, didn't they? Why change something that seemed to have so much potential? Right on TB, right on.
              agree, I like that line a lot.

Although I'm surprised TB didn't lobby for more playing time for Barta
              "Today I do what you won't, so tomorrow I can do what you can't." - Unknown

Between autocorrect, touch typing and a lack of desire or time to proofread on the internet, there are likely errors in any text I post. If pointing these out will add to your sense of self worth and validate your life, knock yourself out.

Comment

Originally posted by Skeeterman View Post
                Tommyboy, you need to forward that line-up to Motzko's e-mail. I mean it.
                Skeets go ahead and e-mail it to him. Make sure to put Dunn as the starting goalie.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Skeets go ahead and e-mail it to him. Make sure to put Dunn as the starting goalie.
                  Isn't Dunn our only goalie?
                  Bob is making me concerned
                  I am the voice of reason

Comment

Originally posted by Skeeterman View Post
                    Isn't Dunn our only goalie?
                    For the Brown games yes. That is unless he plays the walk on.

In Bob we Trust!

Comment

Originally posted by motox View Post
                      If I remember right, while that line was good, no other trio was really working.
                      It seems Motzko does things by combo (Marvin-Lasch, Roe-Mosey, LeBlanc-Hanowski, Oslund-Christian/Festler) and rotates that third guy.
                      Although the last 5-6 games, the lineup has been pretty steady which suggests he may like the lines he's got right now.
                      "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                      -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                      Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                      Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                      Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                      Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                        If I remember right, while that line was good, no other trio was really working.
                        It seems Motzko does things by combo (Marvin-Lasch, Roe-Mosey, LeBlanc-Hanowski, Oslund-Christian/Festler) and rotates that third guy.
                        Although the last 5-6 games, the lineup has been pretty steady which suggests he may like the lines he's got right now.
                        I guess he likes not scoring.

In Bob we Trust!

Comment

Have a safe and Merry Christmas Everyone!

In Bob we Trust!

Comment

I guess he likes not scoring.
                            They'd scored at least 3 in 6 of 7 until the last game against CC.
                            Scoring had been picking up, and chemistry takes time.
                            Not that I expect you to be patient.
                            "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                            -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                            Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                              They'd scored at least 3 in 6 of 7 until the last game against CC.
                              Scoring had been picking up, and chemistry takes time.
                              Not that I expect you to be patient.
                              Sorry, three goals is not enough. that is usally the least amount of goals a team needs to win especialy when your defense is only so so.

In Bob we Trust!

Comment

Sorry, three goals is not enough. that is usally the least amount of goals a team needs to win especialy when your defense is only so so.
                                Considering it was just two or so for awhile, getting 3 per game is a step in the right direction.
                                Only 10 teams are putting up 3.5 or better per game and just 2 at 4+ per game.
                                Could we score more per game, no doubt, but that's not going to happen changing the combo's every game and it was about a half goal per game better in their last nine vs their first nine when the combo's were more stable.
                                -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                                Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

Working...
                                X