X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: SCSU 2009-2010 Season Thread

Originally posted by Montelena View Post
    Didn't I say I'm all for mixing it up? I'd like to see every player with ice time. However, if you're suddenly looking for hockey panacea please explain how making these substitutions is sudenly going to make that much of a difference.

With the #1 SOS in college hockey I'm not all that disappointed with the exception of the Tech game at Houghton and Sat night vs CC. What team in this league has not had several disappointing games this season?

They have (on paper) a much easier schedule the second half. Lets see how they respond. Aren't they 4 points out of first? You're looking for results that may not be possible this season with some of the deficiencies on this team.
    Besides, Tom Kelly always mixed it up and his team won the World Series.
    Bob is making me concerned
    I am the voice of reason

Comment

Didn't I say I'm all for mixing it up? I'd like to see every player with ice time. However, if you're suddenly looking for hockey panacea please explain how making these substitutions is sudenly going to make that much of a difference.

With the #1 SOS in college hockey I'm not all that disappointed with the exception of the Tech game at Houghton and Sat night vs CC. What team in this league has not had several disappointing games this season?

They have (on paper) a much easier schedule the second half. Lets see how they respond. Aren't they 4 points out of first? You're looking for results that may not be possible this season with some of the deficiencies on this team.
      They have one sweep all year. What makes you think the second half will be better? They still have to play the Gophers who they couldn't beat last year, at Wisconsin where they never seem to win, at CC(usual play well there), at quinnipiac and UND at home. This team has shown they have the talent to play with anybody, but are not consistant.
      Last edited by scsutommyboy; 12-14-2009, 03:41 PM.
      I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Originally posted by scsutommyboy View Post
        They have one sweep all year. What makes you think the second half will be better? They still have to play the Gophers who they couldn't beat last year, at Wisconsin where they never seem to win, at CC(usual play well there), at quinnipiac and UND at home. This team has shown they have the talent to play with anybody, but are not consistant.
        I guess it's the difference between a realistic and a pessimist. Yes, I do have an opinion the second half will show even better results. I'm a little confused. What does last years Gopher games have to do with this year? What makes Quinni so frightening? They just dropped games to Brown, Yale and tied Holy Cross. Are you worried about UAA, Brown and MTU at home? Why? Wisco will be very tough. CC on the road and UND at home should be splits. I would guess they'll go 12-6 over the last 18.

They'll by no means be an NCAA favorite come playoff time but I would not want to face them.
        "Zero Manipulation"

Comment

Originally posted by Skeeterman View Post
          Besides, Tom Kelly always mixed it up and his team won the World Series.
          Maybe we could ask him to come coach the Huskies. With TK at the helm Peckskamp could become the Gene Larkin of the Huskies!
          President of the Jason Stewart Fan Club

Comment

Originally posted by scsutommyboy View Post
            They're the model of consistency, or inconsistency, depending on how you look at it. In the WCHA alone, they've taken 3 from Duluth, taken one from CC, so those two even out, then sweeping UAA and splitting with everybody else.

I guess it's the difference between a realistic and a pessimist. Yes, I do have an opinion the second half will show even better results. I'm a little confused. What does last years Gopher games have to do with this year? What makes Quinni so frightening? They just dropped games to Brown, Yale and tied Holy Cross. Are you worried about UAA, Brown and MTU at home? Why? Wisco will be very tough. CC on the road and UND at home should be splits. I would guess they'll go 12-6 over the last 18.

They'll by no means be an NCAA favorite come playoff time but I would not want to face them.
            Reason that Gopher thing has anything to do with this year; we lost to them in all 6 games last year, and most of that squad is back, as is most of ours from last year. Not saying that it means anything, but, I'm not exactly thrilled at our chances of winning that series, despite how bad they've been.

Also, I'm glad you already know what happens in the game... let me know specifically which ones we win so I can make some money. With our efforts, I'm afraid we could lose to MTU for the first time at home in a long time, and UAA for the first time in our building. And unless something changes greatly, I wouldn't mind AT ALL drawing SCSU in the first round of the NCAAs.
            tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

always be a huge husky fan and want them to play hard everynight but the last 2 or 3 years we just cant get any consistency in winning we seem to stay at .500 or just below..they also have the 2nd toughest scedule as of right now in the country which will help if they win in the second half..last 2 years i have kept waiting for them to make a run win 6,7,8 games in a row but it hasnt happened.. grape vine rumors ive heard from students that talk to players and friend have roe leaving after this year anyways ..guessing maybe he isnt getting along with staff or other players..so to me that is why he is not producing this year like we would like to see him produce he might have already checked out and thinking of the money...just my opinon..

Comment

Originally posted by gofishingtom View Post
                last 2 years i have kept waiting for them to make a run win 6,7,8 games in a row but it hasnt happened..
                Winning 6, 7, 8 games in a row doesn't happen that often in the WCHA. I'd be happy with running off 5 or 6 games without a loss, or even like a 7-2-1 over ten kinda run.

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                  Reason that Gopher thing has anything to do with this year; we lost to them in all 6 games last year, and most of that squad is back, as is most of ours from last year. Not saying that it means anything, but, I'm not exactly thrilled at our chances of winning that series, despite how bad they've been.

Also, I'm glad you already know what happens in the game... let me know specifically which ones we win so I can make some money. With our efforts, I'm afraid we could lose to MTU for the first time at home in a long time, and UAA for the first time in our building. And unless something changes greatly, I wouldn't mind AT ALL drawing SCSU in the first round of the NCAAs.
                  Are you people fans of the program? This is downright depressing trying to engage in some realistic hockey talk. This team has had a decent first half.
                  I would suggest you join a NO Saints message board. Everything is rosey there. **** there is some pessimism here. I'm outta here while you people bash each other and cry on each others shoulders on how dismal things are.

And by the way, if Roe leaves like you suggest (I don't believe it) someone will take his place. The program goes on.

I'll be back in a few months to gloat if they "over achieve".
                  "Zero Manipulation"

Comment

Are you people fans of the program? This is downright depressing trying to engage in some realistic hockey talk. This team has had a decent first half.
                    I would suggest you join a NO Saints message board. Everything is rosey there. **** there is some pessimism here. I'm outta here while you people bash each other and cry on each others shoulders on how dismal things are.

And by the way, if Roe leaves like you suggest (I don't believe it) someone will take his place. The program goes on.

1. We ALL want the same thing, for this team to be successful, play well, and win a freakin NCAA game and then a National Title. Don't give us the "you're not good fans" bit.

2. For the most part I'm pleased with where the Huskies are after a brutal schedule to start the season. That said, they left points out there that could very easily come back to hurt them at the end of the year (UMD, CC, and Tech.) Elite teams find a way to get those points. Do I think the 2nd half is set up for them to be successful, absolutely. But as a number of people have pointed out this team has to give a consistent, high-level performance every night and we just haven't seen that happen the past few years. They have shown they can play with the top teams in the country and win. If they can figure out a way to pull it together and play at that level all the time they could be very dangerous. If they continue their inconsistent ways it could be another disappointing season.

3. It wasn't Euro that suggested Roe was leaving. He's a very good player, but if he leaves after this season, he leaves.

Comment

I'm all for everyone getting on this board, expressing their thoughts, and I want to see new faces and the old ones stick around. That being said, if you're "leaving for months" because of us, wow... I won't miss you.

Do me a personal favor... don't question how much I want this team to do well. We were down 4 to 1 with about 3 minutes left, and I was still cheering as loud as I could for them to come back. What's funny, is often I get called too optimistic and unrealistic outside of these boards, but I THOUGHT the purpose of these boards was to be more realistic (even if still having some "homer" to us) and talk hockey.

I'm frustrated, because I really believe that this year was a huge one for us. We lose Lasch and Raboin to graduation this year, though lately losing Raboin doesn't look like it'll be as big of a loss as I would've thought at the beginning of the year unless he turns it around. And you know what this kind of inconsistent play tends to lead us to? Losing Thursday or Friday at the X, if we get there, and being one and done in the NCAAs.

So if you want me to say we've played as good as we could, we've been consistent, we've always hustled, and mostly, we've gotten the most ouf of the talent we have every night on the ice... if that's what it'll take for me to get you back, then see ya later.

Comment

Now this is the kind of SCSU thread I'm familiar with.

Comment

Originally posted by The Paragon of Virtue View Post
                          Still friendlier and less name-calling and crying than a typical family Thanksgiving.

Comment

I can see what Montelena is saying when if you read the majority of these posts and didn't know anything about our record or scoring or anything else, it'd be easy to think we are somewhere in the neighborhood of 4-14 and very few players that are playing should be playing at all, or maybe even be D-1 hockey players.
                            It's just a lot of negative posting, what's going wrong, what doesn't work, who doesn't do this, who can't do that, etc, with very little talk of what they are doing right.

And I do have to say this on Ryan, yes he has 3 points as a Husky and 2 goals, all of which came in the first 2 games he played.
                            His last 12 games, 0 points, so I don't really get where this "he can score" stuff comes from.
                            We would be hammering other forwards who couldn't produce a point in 12 games, no matter how much playing time they got or what line they were on.
                            But he hustles, so that's ok, he doesn't need to score right? (even if every other forward besides him and Peckskamp has at least 3 points this year (oops, there I go looking at stats again, silly me))
                            Also, Euro, Motzko isn't a god, he's a hockey coach but he does know more about his own team than you or I ever will so excuse me if I don't criticize his choices of who plays and who doesn't.
                            If he says it's based off practice and I don't see practice, who am I to criticize it?
                            The players aren't above crticism, see the above.
                            And if you think I make no points than what's supplied to me, well my response is opinions are like *******s....
                            "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                            -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                            Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                            Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                            Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                            Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by The Paragon of Virtue View Post
                              You're all stoooopid!!!!!!!
                              St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

We have basically the same team as last year with basically the same record. I don't think comparing the two years is off base in this situation. Do I think the team could go 12-6 in the second half? Yes I think they have the talent to do that, but at this point I have no reason to think it will happen. Why? Becuase for the last year and half what you see is what you get and that is a very inconsistant team that looks great one weekend and crap the next. That is why they are one game over .500. I hope you are right and they start sweeping teams. I wouldn't be shocked if you are right, but I also wouldn't be shocked if they ended the year a couple games over .500.....
                                I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Working...
                                X