This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: SCSU 2009-2010 Season Thread

Is it time to start the Michael Lee-gion?
    SCSU Hockey: 2001 WCHA Playoff Champions, 2013 WCHA Champions & Frozen Four, 2014 NCHC Champions, 2016 NCHC Playoff Champions
    UMD Women: 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2010
    Gopher Football: 1934, 1935, 1936, 1940, 1941, 1960
    Johnnie Football: 1963, 1965, 1976, 2003
    UMD Football: 2008, 2010
    UMD Men: 2011

Comment

With Lee in goal, a win this weekend is highly questionable. Let's face facts, he let in 2 goals last weekend!!. I rest my case.
      Bob is making me concerned
      I am the voice of reason

Comment

Originally posted by Skeeterman View Post
        With Lee in goal, a win this weekend is highly questionable. Let's face facts, he let in 2 goals last weekend!!. I rest my case.
        He let in 3.

My thought is, if Dunn's not 100%, give Lee both games. That would give him a couple more weeks to rest up and be ready for a second half run.
        tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
          He let in 3.

My thought is, if Dunn's not 100%, give Lee both games. That would give him a couple more weeks to rest up and be ready for a second half run.
          Wow! It's even worse than I thought.
          I am the voice of reason

Comment

Wow! It's even worse than I thought.
            Yeah, 50% worse!

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

Comment

Whaaaaaat!? HE IS THE SECOND COMING!

Comment

• Originally posted by startthebus View Post
                GOTA?

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                  GOTA?
                  No, he and Dunn are the ROTA

Comment

Originally posted by startthebus View Post
                    I used to be able to have a second coming. Now, one in a row is plenty.
                    I am the voice of reason

Comment

I find this a little odd.

Since publication of a story detailing his one-game suspension last month, he (Roe) said he will not speak to the Times the rest of the season. He declined an interview request Friday night through a team spokesman.

It's almost implying Roe thinks Allenspach did something wrong in writing that story, which he didn't.
                      Of course, it could also be a self imposed punishment, maybe forcing Roe to focus more.
                      Just very odd to me.

EDIT: Nope, sounds like he is ****ed about it.

Miffed at a story reporting his one-game suspension last month, Roe has said in not so many words that he won't be available for the rest of the season. He declined an interview request Friday night when approached by a university spokesman.

For now, the Times will do it the old-fashioned way: By reporting what can be seen. Of course, that's what evidently set Roe off in the first place. No explanation -- on or off the record -- was available for his suspension. It seemed necessary to mention his infraction coincided with the appearance of a bruised eye -- and Roe's denial that it had anything to do with why he missed a Nov. 13 game at North Dakota, a 4-2 loss. The report elicited a flood of communication from agents and scouts, and consequently cemented his feelings about me as a reporter. It's unfortunate, and the first time in 12 years an SCSU player has made such a vow. Certainly, some have taken exception to passages, and some have given the old "No comment" until we hashed it out or they got over it. But no disagreement has been like this.

So, what you read about him here will come from observation and others. He's a talented player in many ways, and no doubt will leave his mark at SCSU. Whether he has anything else to say about it is up to him. We'll always be listening.

Last edited by First Time, Long Time; 12-12-2009, 01:51 AM.
                      "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                      -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                      Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                      Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                      Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                      Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Garrett "Napoleon" Roe is sad that Kevin pointed out that he wasn't playing in a game? Time to put on your big boy pants and join the real world, kid.
                        St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
                          Garrett "Napoleon" Roe is sad that Kevin pointed out that he wasn't playing in a game? Time to put on your big boy pants and join the real world, kid.
                          I read it as Roe being upset that Allenspach wondered whether the bruised eye had anything to do with it which then lead to the inquires from agents and scouts so now he's "punishing" Allenspach.
                          Either way, I agree, grow up Roe.
                          "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                          -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                          Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

I am going to take Roe's side on this one because of my opinion of KA. I do not blame the guy.
                            Last edited by Lady wore Black; 12-12-2009, 09:59 AM.
                            Originally posted by Skeeterman
                            Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
                            "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

Roe is responsible to his teammates, coaching staff and team when it comes to hockey. The reporter has responsibilities to his readers. Lending the impression that Roe was in an altercation when that was not the case is not responsible reporting. Roe does not need to talk to the reporter if he felt he was wronged.

I get the impression from the reporters latest blog that he's now feeling sorry for himself and is looking for some public sympathy when he did the damage. It's just stirring the pot. He should let it go and hope the player comes around after the dust settles.
                              "Zero Manipulation"

Comment

Originally posted by Montelena View Post
                                Roe is responsible to his teammates, coaching staff and team when it comes to hockey. The reporter has responsibilities to his readers. Lending the impression that Roe was in an altercation when that was not the case is not responsible reporting. Roe does not need to talk to the reporter if he felt he was wronged.

I get the impression from the reporters latest blog that he's now feeling sorry for himself and is looking for some public sympathy when he did the damage. It's just stirring the pot. He should let it go and hope the player comes around after the dust settles.
                                From the way I read it though, he wasn't necessarily insinuating the black eye was to blame.
                                IIRC, he did mention the eye and stated that when he asked Roe about it, Roe said it wasn't a part of it and Allenspach left it at that.
                                IMO, whatever transpired beyond that is not Allenspach's fault.
                                It's a perfectly legit question to ask why a player has a black eye, even more so if he's been suspended.

I disagree that Roe doesn't have a responsibility to the media, that comes with being a "star" player.
                                You are going to be one of the guys who is going to be asked about games, especially when you play a key role in those games.
                                I also don't think he's looking for sympathy, if anything, he's getting the reason why Roe isn't in the story to try to preempt emails about why he didn't talk to Roe about the game as I'm sure he'd get them.
                                My big issue with it is St. Cloud is a small town with one newspaper, if he feels slighted now, what about if something happens when or if he gets to LA?
                                -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                                Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

Working...
                                X