X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: SCSU 2009-2010 Season Thread

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
    I know he coughed up a goal and I was pretty upset myself in the season opener, but I'd have to imagine something else has developed.

I'll take his side... and tb and I aren't exactly what you'd call buddy-buddy. TB may be old and a Negative Nancy and senile and a "it was better back in my day" and.... oh wait, I'm supposed to be siding with him. Anyway, he's established on this forum, and while he's not Barry Melrose, for the most part his has established credibility around here.

Again motzkofan, with all due respect, if you really are associated with the team, I'd suggest you don't make a habit of posting here, or even reading. We talk about things that frankly we don't understand terribly well and we only get the fan's perspective, we're not at practices or in locker rooms. And it should stay this way. Now and then we do come across information that's kind of "inside info" and for the most part, it should stay that way and not make it into the public. I don't want to seem rude, I appreciate you trying to share some inside info, but be careful cause you're walking a thin line.
    Agreed, SCSU Euro. And besides, way to much bad punctuation and grammer.
    There is Hope . . .

Comment

Originally posted by The Vicar View Post
      Agreed, SCSU Euro. And besides, way to much bad punctuation and grammer.
      Noted.

So I went to the Minnetonka-Duluth Marshall game in Woodbury tonight to see, among others, our boy Prochno. Really offensive-minded d-man, on a seemingly really talented blueline with 3 commiting to WCHA schools. Andrew led as many rushes up ice on the PK as he did even strength or with the man advantage. Saw a nasty little wrister in there, but for the most part, at least tonight, he was much more of a threat to make a really great pass than shot, and he was rewarded with 5 assists. He wasn't phenomenal out there, but he did had a really nice across the goalmouth pass on one, and one was just the result of ripping a decent shot from the point on the PP. Could see him being exactly what this team needs... a blueliner who moves the puck well in transition. Unfortunately, we need that now, and he's a few years away.
      tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Great win by the Husckeys in Denver.

St. Cloud is starting to gel together as a team and will be exciting to watch them play especially in 2010. They should finish in the upper half of the WCHA. Coach Motzko is doing a great job with this team.

SCSU can beat any college hockey team in the nation when they play their A game.

Comment

Get ready to eat Chicken Wings on Minnesota Hockey Day.

Husckeys at Buffalo Wild Wings on Saturday, January 23, 2010.

Bring on the goofers.

Comment

Originally posted by Husckey Domi Nation View Post
            SCSU can beat any college hockey team in the nation when they play their A game.
            True. But they can lose to anyone in the nation too, which is why they've had a lot of splits thus far.

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
              True. But they can lose to anyone in the nation too, which is why they've had a lot of splits thus far.
              But the point is that they haven't been playing just 'anyone' (except they did play UHM's favorite team).

KRACH ranks SCSU 10th in the nation.

If they get on a roll in the next two weeks, St. Cloud could easily pick up 6 - 8 points and place themselves in a strong position in the conference. After December 12th, SCSU has Michigan Tech at the NHC in mid-January before the goofers series.

This team is set to go on a run.

Comment

But the point is that they haven't been playing just 'anyone' (except they did play UHM's favorite team).

KRACH ranks SCSU 10th in the nation.

If they get on a roll in the next two weeks, St. Cloud could easily pick up 6 - 8 points and place themselves in a strong position in the conference. After December 12th, SCSU has Michigan Tech at the NHC in mid-January before the goofers series.

This team is set to go on a run.
                I agree and they really do need to go on a run. They need 10 out of 12 points from the next 3 conference series.

Seems odd to say it, but that Quinnipiac series is going to be a big series too..
                "Today I do what you won't, so tomorrow I can do what you can't." - Unknown

Between autocorrect, touch typing and a lack of desire or time to proofread on the internet, there are likely errors in any text I post. If pointing these out will add to your sense of self worth and validate your life, knock yourself out.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty Bottles View Post
                  I agree and they really do need to go on a run. They need 10 out of 12 points from the next 3 conference series.

Seems odd to say it, but that Quinnipiac series is going to be a big series too..
                  During the friday game that was broadcast on NHL network, the commentators mentioned a quote from Motzko. Apparently a question was brought up about their record and expectations. Motzko replied that they haven't had that traditional schedule thus far this season where so called "cake" teams are scheduled the first handful of weekends so the team can rack up the goals and confidence and get on a run.

Anyone can argue for or against SCSU when explaining those games, both would have reasonable arguments. Either way, they didn't get it done in half the games played and if the boys thought it was going to be a walk in the park, they didn't show it. Ah, the trade-offs when trying to schedule "cake" teams but also maintain strength of schedule.

We have seen some flashes of greatness and it appears they are coming together. Now they need to maintain that level, keep raising the bar, get points when they should and steal points when they aren't "supposed" to. Here's to that run you mention.
                  I survived the SCSU E. Coli scare of 2005.

Inventor of the "Mine!" chant.

Signs, Signs every game there's signs:
                  I ♥ Lamp!!
                  Got Nodl?
                  Bow down to Bobby!
                  Ooooohhhh! Not just Spanish for rice!

Comment

Motzko keeps saying he is happy this team is improving and likes where they are at. They have played well the last few weeks against good teams and this teams talent is starting to show. Now it's time for them to take the next step and sweep UAA on the road and CC at home. I don't want to hear Alaska is such a tough trip or CC is a hot team. Let's get it done boys and go into Christmas break on a high note.
                    I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Originally posted by scsutommyboy View Post
                      Motzko keeps saying he is happy this team is improving and likes where they are at. They have played well the last few weeks against good teams and this teams talent is starting to show. Now it's time for them to take the next step and sweep UAA on the road and CC at home. I don't want to hear Alaska is such a tough trip or CC is a hot team. Let's get it done boys and go into Christmas break on a high note.
                      I think sweeping UAA is a must and is do-able. Sweeping CC might be unrealistic even at home, but we can always hope!
                      St. Cloud State University - Stearns County's Pride On Ice

Comment

I'll take a split vs Denver on the road any day!

Comment

Absolutely. I too like seeing Quinnipiac on the schedule. That series could be crucial for our Pairwise for tourney placement since we got swept by Miami.

Comment

Recruit Update

Forwards
                            Milan: 31 points (17G 14A) 5PIM in 28 games for Penticton (BCHL)
                            Dowd: 12 points (3G 9A) 8PIM +5 in 13 games for Indiana (USHL) (leads team in points)
                            Oliver: 2 points (0G 2A) 23PIM +3 in 15 games for Fargo (USHL)
                            Ravndalen: 3 points (1G, 2A) -4 28PIM in 17 games for Waterloo (USHL)
                            Benik: 15 points (11G 4A) 2PIM in 9 games for Minnesota (MNJHL) (tied for team lead in goals)
                            Holka 25 points (14G 11A) 43PIM in 31 games for Penticton (BCHL)

Defense
                            Jensen: 5 points (0G, 5A) 4PIM +3 in 13 games for Green Bay (USHL)
                            Gravel: 0 points 2PIM E in 13 games for Sioux City (USHL)
                            Daly 15 points (5G 10A) 45PIM in 30 games for Langley (BCHL)
                            Burrell 17 points (1G 16A) 14PIM +7 in 27 games for Wenatchee (NAHL)

HS
                            Benik: St. Francis
                            Hendrickson 0 points 4PIM in 2 games for Virginia
                            Hendrickson 24 points (9G 15A) in 24 games for team North (Elite League)
                            Prochno: 9 points (2G 7A) in 2 games for Minnetonka
                            Prochno: 12 points (3G 9A) 12PIM in 25 games for Team Southwest (Elite League)
                            Last edited by First Time, Long Time; 11-30-2009, 05:43 PM.
                            "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                            -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                            Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                            Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                            Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                            Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Great win for the boys. Scoring goals on Chevy didn't happen until now. Of course, with even average goal tending Friday, it could have been a sweep. What's Lee's plus/minus?
                              Bob is making me concerned
                              I am the voice of reason

Comment

Denver and NoDak are very good teams. Wisconsin is a good team but I believe somewhat overrated. Splitting with those 3 is ok, but the rest of the season's been up and down. We usually play up to our strongest opponents, but play down to our weaker ones. I believe this team has the talent, but they gotta show it by doing something good teams do... put out a good effort 80% to 90% of their games.

Remember, you're talking about a squad who's biggest winning streak of the year is at 2... and they've only done that once. Now they MUST win 5 out of 6, or go undefeated in 6 with at least 4 wins? I'd love to see it, but honestly, I'd be happy with them surviving an up and down first half with an above .500 record, then start playing their best hockey of the year (up to that point) in January.

Originally posted by STCHuskies View Post
                                Sweeping CC might be unrealistic even at home, but we can always hope!
                                Now, I'm not saying we MUST sweep CC, but I sure as hell think we can. You're talking about a team that's got a (albeit good so far) freshman goalie, lost a lot of their best talent from a year ago, and was most people's 7th or 8th place selection in the WCHA in the preseason. I'll go on record as saying I still think they might not get home ice, and 4th place is absolutely as high as they finish. Look what they've done so far:

Split with NE at home; not impressive.
                                Take 3 @ UW; by far the most impressive of any series, but in mid October, who knows what form the Badgers were in
                                Sweep MTU @ home; we may have lost in Houghton, but sweeping MTU at home is as close to a gimme r pts as there is in the WCHA
                                Split w/tUMD @ home; I'm not anywhere near the tUMD bandwagon, I think they'll fade, and we did better than split with the Bulldogs
                                Sweep in Mankato; thought MSU-M would be a quality team this year, but to this point they've failed miserably to accomplish that
                                Sweep Robert Morris; even easier than sweeping MTU
                                Split with UAA at home; UAA might be feisty and plucky at home, but outside of Alaska they're 1-5-0, with their only win coming in CC's barn. UAA is Jekyll and Hyde in their own state vs. the mainland (hell, they're so bad away from home the GOPHERS swept them, outscoring them 9-2)

*Notice something interesting about CC's games so far? They've played 10 of their 14 games at home. That, of the 5 WCHA teams they've faced, its possile that if Duluth doesn't hold on, 4 of the 5 may finish in the bottom half.

Honestly, I think travelling to UAA may in some regards be a tougher series than hosting CC. I'm not saying 4 points are in the bag from the Tigers, hell, we play like we did in a lot of games this year we could lose that series, but I don't see how everyone's on CC's bandwagon. [/RANT]
                                Last edited by SCSU Euro; 11-30-2009, 01:40 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X