X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: SCSU 2009-2010 Season Thread

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
    I also kind of read into it with yes he was rattled, but we didn't help him much either.
    We did tonight and in turn he helped us get the win.
    True, but if he would have let in a soft one the game would have been completely different. Really that is all I was saying all week. he hasn't played bad, but when you give up a softy it changes everything.
    I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Originally posted by scsutommyboy View Post
      True, but if he would have let in a soft one the game would have been completely different. Really that is all I was saying all week. he hasn't played bad, but when you give up a softy it changes everything.
      Honestly, I think if a team lets down that much because of a "softy" they aren't very mentally tough in the first place.
      He proved the rotation we've got going likely should and will continue, both of them can get the job done and I wouldn't be surprised if we see it all year if they keep it up.
      "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
      -Gallagher

R.I.P.
      Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
      Grandma ~ Jan 2004
      Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
      Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Like I've been saying all along-Motzko is a genius to play Lee on Fridays. Lee is our saviour. Play him every Friday. What's the big deal, anyway?
        Bob is making me concerned
        I am the voice of reason

Comment

Honestly, I think if a team lets down that much because of a "softy" they aren't very mentally tough in the first place.
          He proved the rotation we've got going likely should and will continue, both of them can get the job done and I wouldn't be surprised if we see it all year if they keep it up.
          If both continue to play like this it should continue all year. I would assume come playoff time he will have to pick one?

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Skeeterman View Post
            Like I've been saying all along-Motzko is a genius to play Lee on Fridays. Lee is our saviour. Play him every Friday. What's the big deal, anyway?
            No kidding! FTLT, will you finally accept that Lee is still a good goalie and should continue to get starts?

Seriously though, it's great to see the kid put together an entire game and not give up that critical goal. This is the type of perforamce we needed out of Lee and based on the quote that TB posted from Motzko I think we would've seen Dunn next Friday had Lee made a couple mistakes again. C'mon boys, go get that sweep!

Comment

Something tells me that tonights game for the Huskies is kind of a turning point. A win and we will be officially on a roll (albeit a small one,) a loss and we are back in the land of obscurity and mediocrity.

I know it is early in the year, but it is in my opinion an important early test for the guys.

Here is hoping we join the upper echelon in the WCHA tonight.
              SCSU!

Comment

On more thing. I just want to send out a big Hello to Don Lyons. I always love how he has to bring up how he hates these message boards, but funny he always seems to know what is being said on here.
                He probably has an account.
                St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

So did Dunn totally blow this game? Does Lee deserve to start on Fridays? Should he get the full-time job? Inquiring minds want to know.
                  St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Dunn might want 1 or two of those back, who knows? Shots were 33-19. The big problem for St. Cloud was like 9 minutes of consecutive power play and diddly to show for it. That gave Wisco a big boost. You cannot get outshot 2-1 and hope to win a lot of games. Goalies may steal a game for you if the others team's goalie has an off night, but those other teams usually have pretty decent netminders too.

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
                      So did Dunn totally blow this game? Does Lee deserve to start on Fridays? Should he get the full-time job? Inquiring minds want to know.
                      The game winner was all Lasch's fault.......

In Bob we Trust!

Comment

If both continue to play like this it should continue all year. I would assume come playoff time he will have to pick one?
                        Maybe not even then, DU won the title rotating and I know I've seen at least one other team Maine I think make the title game using a rotation.
                        Didn't see it, so I have no idea how Dunn did last night.
                        Sounds like the D didn't play very well though from what I've read.
                        And on the Mitchell goal, reading the accounts it sounds like Lasch got manhandled by a guy a lot larger than he was, not sure how "good" backchecking would have fixed it.
                        "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                        -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                        Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

Maybe not even then, DU won the title rotating and I know I've seen at least one other team Maine I think make the title game using a rotation.
                          Didn't see it, so I have no idea how Dunn did last night.
                          Sounds like the D didn't play very well though from what I've read.
                          And on the Mitchell goal, reading the accounts it sounds like Lasch got manhandled by a guy a lot larger than he was, not sure how "good" backchecking would have fixed it.
                          Lasch is pathetic in the defensive end. He tried to hustle back and then let the guy skate all way down and shoot from 5 feet away. All he needed to do was tie the guy up and at the least hall him down and take a penalty. If he is not capable of that he has zero chance of ever playing in the show. He is bar non the worst defensive forward I have ever seen in my life. Is there any way to find out what his career +/- is? The guy has what 150 career points and if I had to guess his +/- is less than +5 which is pathetic for a guy with that many points.

In Bob we Trust!

Comment

Lasch is pathetic in the defensive end. He tried to hustle back and then let the guy skate all way down and shoot from 5 feet away. All he needed to do was tie the guy up and at the least hall him down and take a penalty. If he is not capable of that he has zero chance of ever playing in the show. He is bar non the worst defensive forward I have ever seen in my life. Is there any way to find out what his career +/- is? The guy has what 150 career points and if I had to guess his +/- is less than +5 which is pathetic for a guy with that many points.
                            Again I haven't seen it, but you do realize Mitchell is 6'5" 225 to Lasch's 5'7" 175?
                            Probably not an easy task to haul him down.
                            Lasch is +2, but to be fair, the career leaders on this squad are Marvin (+11), Hepp (+7) and Gaudet (+6) and no one else is above a +4.
                            -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                            Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

Again I haven't seen it, but you do realize Mitchell is 6'5" 225 to Lasch's 5'7" 175?
                              Probably not an easy task to haul him down.
                              Lasch is +2, but to be fair, the career leaders on this squad are Marvin (+11), Hepp (+7) and Gaudet (+6) and no one else is above a +4.
                              The bigger they are the harder they fall. he could have tripped him up since he caught him from behind. If you are not strong enough to trip a 6'5 guy you have zero shot at the show.

As for the +/-, that is pathetic for a guy with that many points. It tells me two things. One, he doesn't score enough 5 on 5 points and he is a huge defensive liability. What are the overall +/- for other big scorers in school history?

edit: This type of play is why this team is inconsistant and is never going to be beter than a middle of the pack team unless this crap changes. This team never does the little things on a consistant basis. how in the F##K can you be a career +2 with 150 points?
                              Last edited by scsutommyboy; 11-22-2009, 10:01 AM.

In Bob we Trust!

Comment

Most of the guys at the top of +/- all played together
                                Hartigan +41
                                Dicasmirro +40
                                Malone +32
                                Motzko +25
                                Arnason +29
                                Sampair +34

Only guy recently to come near it was Gordon at a +29
                                Nodl was a +10, Roe is a -5, Jensen was a -5.
                                We've been a PP dominated team for a long time.

I also wouldn't bet against Lasch not making it simply because he isn't great defensively.
                                Yes he made a mistake, oh well.
                                You really need to calm down, it's a game.
                                -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                                Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

Working...
                                X