• Re: SCSU 2009-2010 Season Thread

If Lee blows another game, what then?
    Bob is making me concerned
    I am the voice of reason

Comment

Originally posted by Skeeterman View Post
      We will hear all the same reasons how the offense didn't put up enough points, he needs time, his stats still look good, etc etc. Rinse and repeat. By no means do I want to see the kid struggle and I hope like hell he can get it turned around and play like the goalie we were hoping for. He hasn't been horrible but he certainly hasn't been great.....and Dunn has.

Comment

Originally posted by motox View Post
        We will hear all the same reasons how the offense didn't put up enough points, he needs time, his stats still look good, etc etc. Rinse and repeat. By no means do I want to see the kid struggle and I hope like hell he can get it turned around and play like the goalie we were hoping for. He hasn't been horrible but he certainly hasn't been great.....and Dunn has.
        The one thing about Dunn that impresses me most is his rebound control. The guy has been sucking everything up and giving no rebounds. Lee better not give up a soft one tonight or the boo birds are coming out.....
        I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Skeeterman View Post
          Sit him next weekend.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Originally posted by scsutommyboy View Post
            Sit him next weekend.
            You are correct, sir!
            Bob is making me concerned
            I am the voice of reason

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
              What's everyone's call for the date of Aaron Marvin's first point?
              Ooh! Ooh! Pick me, pick me! I know this one!

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
              I love how it's "coddling" when I don't jump on the bandwagon and hammer whoever it is you think shouldn't play.
              It's a good thing you aren't a coach, your players would be scared to make a mistake knowing they'd instantly be benched if they do.
              I never would've used the word coddling if this was the first time. But you ALWAYS stick up for WHOEVER it is in an SCSU sweater the minute they are called out for something. Its almost like something goes off in your head, you detect it, and you come racing. And that's fine, you're more than entitled to your opinions, just realize that some of us, tb and myself to top the list but others, might call your analysis as what we see it as.

And I also love how you know my coaching philosophy now too. The fact is, I have coached, but I haven't, nor will I "scare" players. Its getting old you misquoting me. What I've said is that Dunn should play Fridays, Lee Saturdays. Once in while, if Dunn has a great Friday, he's earned the right to get the whole weekend. So IF Dunn has a good Friday game in a big matchup, then he'd end up getting maybe 4 of 6 games over 3 weekends, or 5 of 8. On the other hand, Lee getting 2 out of 6 or 3 out of 8 is hardly "benching him."
              tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                Ooh!

And I also love how you know my coaching philosophy now too. The fact is, I have coached, but I haven't, nor will I "scare" players. Its getting old you misquoting me. What I've said is that Dunn should play Fridays, Lee Saturdays. Once in while, if Dunn has a great Friday, he's earned the right to get the whole weekend. So IF Dunn has a good Friday game in a big matchup, then he'd end up getting maybe 4 of 6 games over 3 weekends, or 5 of 8. On the other hand, Lee getting 2 out of 6 or 3 out of 8 is hardly "benching him."
                Stop making sense you are starting to scare me!

In Bob we Trust!

Comment

....for 4 games, for the first time in his career....
                  "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                  -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                  Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                  Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                  Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                  Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Lasch is now tied for 4th in points with Motzko with 142.
                    "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                    -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                    Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

Hey, looks like Lee must've put together a full 60 minutes. Didn't get to see or hear it, anyone want to give a recap? Hope Dunn can match it tomorrow and get the sweep.

Comment

Originally posted by scsutommyboy View Post
                        Stop making sense you are starting to scare me!
                        We're not as off from each other's thinking as we first thought we were. I actually thought for a second about saying maybe I'd buy those tickets off of you.
                        tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Hey, looks like Lee must've put together a full 60 minutes. Didn't get to see or hear it, anyone want to give a recap? Hope Dunn can match it tomorrow and get the sweep.
                          I second this..

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                            We're not as off from each other's thinking as we first thought we were. I actually thought for a second about saying maybe I'd buy those tickets off of you.
                            If you want them I still got them......

In Bob we Trust!

Comment

I like this quote from motzko and it backs up what he said on the pre-game interview with do Lyons about Lee needing to be better. It was funny because old Donny boy starting making up his usual excuses and Motzko just flat out said Mike Lee needs to be better or we might need to change things up. I think that was his way of saying I am not just handing Lee gthe starting job, which was nice to hear.

"Mike Lee was real good," Motzko said. "I thought he was solid. He was comfortable. But he's been good for us in practice since Day 1. He got a little rattled there for a couple of games, but this was our best Friday night. For the most part, he's been a confident, solid goaltender. And that's what he was tonight."

On more thing. I just want to send out a big Hello to Don Lyons. I always love how he has to bring up how he hates these message boards, but funny he always seems to know what is being said on here.

In Bob we Trust!

Comment

I also kind of read into it with yes he was rattled, but we didn't help him much either.
                                We did tonight and in turn he helped us get the win.
                                -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                                Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

Working...
                                X