This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: SCSU 2009-2010 Season Thread

And I thought Tommy and FTLT arguing was irritating.

Comment

Originally posted by The Paragon of Virtue View Post
      And I thought Tommy and FTLT arguing was irritating.
      We all know I'm the problem
      "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
      -Gallagher

R.I.P.
      Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
      Grandma ~ Jan 2004
      Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
      Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
        We all know I'm the problem
        Don't take all of the blame for this recent debacle. Euro deserves his fair share.

Comment

*****http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/1930/suicidex.gif******
          St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Originally posted by The Paragon of Virtue View Post
            Don't take all of the blame for this recent debacle. Euro deserves his fair share.
            You're right, I shouldn't call her out for her coddling. I'm sorry, it'll stop.
            tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

That's what I've been told to do by several people. Probably will eventually, but there's still too much fun to be had here.

Comment

Forwards

David Eddy-Aaron Marvin-Ryan Lasch
                Tony Mosey-Garrett Roe-Brian Volpei
                Jared Festler-Drew LeBlanc-Travis Novak
                Ben Hanowski-Nick Oslund-Jordy Christian

Defense

Craig Gaudet-Garrett Raboin
                Sam Zabkowicz-Chris Hepp
                Oliver Lauridsen-Taylor Johnson

Goalies

Mike Lee
                Dan Dunn
                "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

What's everyone's call for the date of Aaron Marvin's first point?
                  St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                    You're right, I shouldn't call her out for her coddling. I'm sorry, it'll stop.
                    I love how it's "coddling" when I don't jump on the bandwagon and hammer whoever it is you think shouldn't play.
                    It's a good thing you aren't a coach, your players would be scared to make a mistake knowing they'd instantly be benched if they do.
                    -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                    Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
                      What's everyone's call for the date of Aaron Marvin's first point?
                      Nov. 13, 2009

Ryan Lasch (3) (Aaron Marvin, Garrett Raboin)
                      -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                      Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

Let's face facts. It's obvious that FTLT wants to jump Lee's bones. Nothing wrong with that, but it apparently skews one's perceptions.
                        Bob is making me concerned
                        I am the voice of reason

Comment

• Comment

Originally posted by Skeeterman View Post
                            Let's face facts. It's obvious that FTLT wants to jump Lee's bones. Nothing wrong with that, but it apparently skews one's perceptions.
                            Does Rabib want to jump his bones too?
                            He shares my opinion on this.
                            -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                            Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

Does Rabib want to jump his bones too?
                              He shares my opinion on this.
                              The more the merrier. There would certainly not be anything wrong with that. Whateve floats his boat.
                              Last edited by Skeeterman; 11-20-2009, 09:31 AM.
                              Bob is making me concerned
                              I am the voice of reason

Comment

I've read how the team feels about both and yes you can say they are just words but I do believe them.
                                And no I don't know what would have happened if the goalie had been different in certain but neither do you or motox for that matter.
                                All I'm going on is the stats based on what they have given up.
                                What I do know is the team is scoring on Saturday and they aren't on Friday and listening to Motzko it's because the team is making adjustments and since he's said nothing about goalie play I have to assume it isn't the goalie they are adjusting to.
                                Also, you have to consider the fact that Motzko has never been one to give his goalies a long leash if they play poorly or he doesn't feel they are doing to job so why would he with Lee?
                                Just because he's "his" guy?
                                Well so is Dunn and we all saw Dunn get a quick hook and a ride on the pine pony for darn near two years.

All I'm arguing is that I believe the rotation will continue until at least Christmas and I believe that is the right thing to do.
                                It has nothing to do with Lee's development although I do believe he won't get better and won't become the goalie we need him to be by watching.
                                I do not care who starts what game whether Dunn or Lee but I do know that whoever is in net on Friday, the team needs to pick up their play on Friday.
                                I can see why Motzko would want to stick with Lee one game this weekend to see if he can play like he did last year in the USHL. Dunn up until this year couldn't get it done when he got the chance to take over the starting job, but I would play Lee saturday and not Friday. However, your reason's are flawed because stats don't show everything.

When a goalie gives up soft goals and a team gets behind it changes the entire game. Yes they haven't scored as much for Lee, but that could be because they are always behind when he is in net and if they don't trust him as much it could be that they are playing as open and smooth flowing offensive game like they do with Dunn? Now I am making an assumption here as well and it might not be the case, but at least I am open minded enough to realize that.

One last thing. Have you ever heard of a guy named Scott Meyer? He was like Dunn his first couple years. Every time he played he gave up soft goals and was on the bench for good reason. Then Weasler gets hurt he come in and becomes a all american. Sometimes Goalies need extra time to grow and maybe Dunn has finally figured it out? I don't mind that motzko wants to see more before he hands the job to anybody, but I still think he should play Dunn tonight and Lee on saturday to switch things up. In the end it doesn't matter what I think, motzko has already said Lee is starting tonight.
                                Last edited by scsutommyboy; 11-20-2009, 10:43 AM.
                                I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Working...
                                X