X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: SCSU 2009-2010 Season Thread

Originally posted by The Exiled One View Post
    Not that I know of. I wish Holka the best, and I understand not everything is about stats, but I don't see the upside in this commitment yet. He's big, so I guess he could be a defensive forward, but I hope they didn't drop a ton of scholarship money on him.

I'm nervous that the Huskies are getting too full for 2011. The odds of three forwards from the same BCHL team going to the same college seem low, so no offense Joey, but I was hoping that if we landed a second forward from the Vees it wasn't going to be you.

I hope this means we aren't out of the running for both Bennett AND Clarke.
    Maybe Bennett told Motzko he wasn't interested in playing at SCSU?
    I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

I could see Holka being a potential "replacement" for Marvin.
      We lose 6 forwards in 2010-11 and we only have Benik and Holka for sure for 2011.
      For sure Ravndalen and Milan are coming in next year and I would guess so are Dowd and Oliver so we have room to add unless we delay a guy like Dowd or Oliver (I'd see Oliver delayed over Dowd personally) and even then we will still have a lot of room to add.
      I'm also not sure Bennett ends up playing college hockey.
      Last edited by First Time, Long Time; 11-15-2009, 12:48 AM.
      "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
      -Gallagher

R.I.P.
      Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
      Grandma ~ Jan 2004
      Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
      Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

* Garrett Roe, who returned from a one-game team suspension, appeared to suffer a leg injury late in Saturday's game. He was helped off the ice in the closing minutes and didn't return.
        "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
        -Gallagher

R.I.P.
        Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post

* Garrett Roe, who returned from a one-game team suspension, appeared to suffer a leg injury late in Saturday's game. He was helped off the ice in the closing minutes and didn't return.
          Balls.
          St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Really good to see Zabs back on the ice!

Comment

We lose 6 forwards in 2010-11 and we only have Benik and Holka for sure for 2011.
              I'm sure we'll have some other recruits by then..couple kids in the Duluth area look interesting..

Comment

Originally posted by scsutommyboy View Post
                Well Raboin and Gaudet are gone and outside of the great dane and Zabs nobody is a lock for playing time next year. Of course Johnson is new so if he keeps improving he could be a solid guy for us. That leaves Rioux, Barta and Hepp as guys who will be back next year. It looks like Rioux may never see the ice again and Barta sucks. Hepp has dissapointed me since he has been here. I thought he would be better than he is. I actually wouldn't mind his game if he wasn't so damm slow.
                Zabs is finishing college here..guarantee it..

Comment

Recruit Update

Forwards
                  Milan: 27 points (14G 13A) 5PIM in 22 games for Penticton (BCHL)
                  Dowd: 11 points (3G 8A) 4PIM +5 in 8 games for Indiana (USHL) (leads team in points)
                  Oliver: 2 points (0G 2A) 19PIM E in 11 games for Fargo (USHL)
                  Ravndalen: 2 points (0G, 2A) -5 26PIM in 12 games for Waterloo (USHL)
                  Benik: 15 points (11G 4A) 2PIM in 9 games for Minnesota (MNJHL) (tied for team lead in goals)
                  Holka 20 points (12G 8A) 34PIM in 25 games for Penticton (BCHL)

Defense
                  Jensen: 5 points (0G, 5A) 4PIM +3 in 10 games for Green Bay (USHL)
                  Gravel: 0 points 2PIM -4 in 8 games for Sioux City (USHL)
                  Daly 11 points (5G 6A) 43PIM in 25 games for Langley (BCHL)
                  Burrell 17 points (1G 16A) 14PIM +3 in 25 games for Wenatchee (NAHL)

HS
                  Benik: St. Francis
                  Prochno: Minnetonka
                  Prochno: 12 points (3G 9A) 12PIM in 25 games for Team Southwest (Elite League)
                  -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                  Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

Originally posted by startthebus View Post
                    Zabs is finishing college here..guarantee it..
                    Who said he wasn't?

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Does anybody know what happened? Was it a cheap shot? The Sioux are known for end of the game cheap shots.

In Bob we Trust!

Comment

Does anybody know what happened? Was it a cheap shot? The Sioux are known for end of the game cheap shots.

SCSU must be known for end of the 2nd period cheap shots then.
                        I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by brianvf View Post

SCSU must be known for end of the 2nd period cheap shots then.
                          Isn't this fun?

In Bob we Trust!

Comment

Probably from all the diving...

Comment

Nothing but that, guess we'll have to wait and see if Motzko says anything on the coaches show.
                              -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                              Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

MacWilliam hit him in the leg with a tire iron.
                                Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                                when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                                Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Working...
                                X