X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: SCSU 2009-2010 Season Thread

Originally posted by Skeeterman View Post
    I don't care what anyone says, it's too early to start a "Fire Bob Motzko" thread.
    You want to start a fire Motzko thread!
    I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Originally posted by scsutommyboy View Post
      You want to start a fire Motzko thread!
      No, it's too early. Pay attention!!

In regards to NAHL, Denver has about 5 guys from that league, CC has a couple, and a good number of them do end up playing D-1. Gravel started in NAHL. The National Development team is part of that league. See, I may actually know something about hockey.

What did the fire chief name his kids? HoseA and HoseB. Get it?
      Bob is making me concerned
      I am the voice of reason

Comment

I have never seen him play, but playing in the NAHL at 19 doesn't impress me at all. Hopefully he is not just another so so Motzko defensive recruit.
        Des Moines of the USHL really wanted him, but he turned them down. He would have survived and probably performed quite well in the USHL, but he really liked his situation in the NAHL, so he stayed there.

Don't worry, he's better than Barta. Of our current players, I'd say his closest comparison is Raboin offensively, but he'll be less stellar defensively. He's actually closer in size to Barta or Hepp, but that's not his playing style at all.
        scsuhockey.com
        CollegeHockeyRecruitExchange.com

Comment

No, it's too early. Pay attention!!

In regards to NAHL, Denver has about 5 guys from that league, CC has a couple, and a good number of them do end up playing D-1. Gravel started in NAHL. The National Development team is part of that league. See, I may actually know something about hockey.

What did the fire chief name his kids? HoseA and HoseB. Get it?
          you are correct except for the fact that those teams players were 16 and 17 when they played in that league not 19. Gravel started in that league at 16 and is now in the USHL so that is fine.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Originally posted by The Exiled One View Post
            Des Moines of the USHL really wanted him, but he turned them down. He would have survived and probably performed quite well in the USHL, but he really liked his situation in the NAHL, so he stayed there.

Don't worry, he's better than Barta. Of our current players, I'd say his closest comparison is Raboin offensively, but he'll be less stellar defensively. He's actually closer in size to Barta or Hepp, but that's not his playing style at all.
            Well I hope he is good this team has a lack of talent on the blue line.

In Bob we Trust!

Comment

Originally posted by The Exiled One View Post

Does he ever get boners when he's playing?
              Bob is making me concerned
              I am the voice of reason

Comment

Does he ever get boners when he's playing?
                When I find out, you'll be the first to know.
                scsuhockey.com

Comment

I have never seen him play, but playing in the NAHL at 19 doesn't impress me at all. Hopefully he is not just another so so Motzko defensive recruit.
                  I don't blame him for staying with Wenatchee and not going to Des Moines even if it is a "lower" league.
                  Des Moines is terrible, Wenatchee would actually be able to compete pretty well if they were a USHL team looking at the players they have.
                  "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                  -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                  Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                  Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                  Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                  Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Looking at the write up on him, he was destined for Waterloo but they released him.
                    I don't remember seeing him at their tryouts, I'll have to look again at my sheets if I can find them.

http://www.sctimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll...fe.sctimes.com

Says he had an offer from Bemidji and Minnesota asked him to walk-on.
                    Also says he is coming in next year along with Gravel and Jensen.
                    The competition for playing time could get interesting.
                    "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                    -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                    Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                      Looking at the write up on him, he was destined for Waterloo but they released him.
                      I don't remember seeing him at their tryouts, I'll have to look again at my sheets if I can find them.

Well Raboin and Gaudet are gone and outside of the great dane and Zabs nobody is a lock for playing time next year. Of course Johnson is new so if he keeps improving he could be a solid guy for us. That leaves Rioux, Barta and Hepp as guys who will be back next year. It looks like Rioux may never see the ice again and Barta sucks. Hepp has dissapointed me since he has been here. I thought he would be better than he is. I actually wouldn't mind his game if he wasn't so damm slow.

In Bob we Trust!

Comment

Well Raboin and Gaudet are gone and outside of the great dane and Zabs nobody is a lock for playing time next year. Of course Johnson is new so if he keeps improving he could be a solid guy for us. That leaves Rioux, Barta and Hepp as guys who will be back next year. It looks like Rioux may never see the ice again and Barta sucks. Hepp has dissapointed me since he has been here. I thought he would be better than he is. I actually wouldn't mind his game if he wasn't so damm slow.
                        How has Hepp disappointed?
                        It would be nice if he were more physical but that's about the only thing I can think of.
                        He can't fight here which he did well in the USHL and he wasn't expected to add much offense.
                        But he has done his job defensively IMO and has not made many mistakes that have burned us.
                        -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                        Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

You KEEP sheets from a junior league TRYOUT?? Holy cow. I've never been to Waterloo, but I would have thought anywhere in the world would have had more to do than that!

Comment

Originally posted by wchaforever View Post
                            You KEEP sheets from a junior league TRYOUT?? Holy cow. I've never been to Waterloo, but I would have thought anywhere in the world would have had more to do than that!
                            They were brought home and just haven't been thrown away, sheesh.
                            -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                            Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

I don't blame him for staying with Wenatchee and not going to Des Moines even if it is a "lower" league.
                              Des Moines is terrible, Wenatchee would actually be able to compete pretty well if they were a USHL team looking at the players they have.
                              His rights were held by Waterloo two years ago, but they released him. Des Moines drafted him this summer. He tried out and was offered a spot, but he turned it down.
                              scsuhockey.com

Comment

How has Hepp disappointed?
                                It would be nice if he were more physical but that's about the only thing I can think of.
                                He can't fight here which he did well in the USHL and he wasn't expected to add much offense.
                                But he has done his job defensively IMO and has not made many mistakes that have burned us.
                                I thought he was going to be another Jeff Finger and he is not. I guess that was to high of expectations for him.....he is an ok defenseman, but he doesn't hit as much as he should and he doesn't move the puck well enough either. I think he sees the game well, but his wheels are so dam slow he just can't move fast enough.

In Bob we Trust!

Comment

Working...
                                X