This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: SCSU 2009-2010 Season Thread

Lets Be Real, We Just Lost To Michigan Tech.

Comment

Motzko show sequel: Motzko wanted to know why there weren't any questions from the audience anymore. we'll have to bring our own paper to write them on apparently. Now I have to think of some more deep, thoughtful and insightful stuff to ask. Like, are the white helmets actually supposed to be like a phallic symbol?
      Bob is making me concerned
      I am the voice of reason

Comment

Originally posted by startthebus View Post
        So did UND last year, UND won the league.
        "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
        -Gallagher

R.I.P.
        Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
        Grandma ~ Jan 2004
        Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
        Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by startthebus View Post
          If you want off the bandwagon, the bye week is the perfect time to jump.
          St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

What?? Me worry?
            I am the voice of reason

Comment

http://twitter.com/KevinAllenspach

KA is tweeting . . . sign up and enjoy the convenience!
              SCSU!

Comment

Has your goalie been found yet?

Comment

Originally posted by jay ferguson View Post
                  Has your goalie been found yet?
                  Yes, he's attending SCSU classes and playing with the hockey team.
                  I am the voice of reason

Comment

Finally. Someone should introduce him to that girl who lived in the backyard tent complex.

Comment

Originally posted by The Boomer View Post
                      Yeah, I was tired so received Papal dispensation and was allowed to miss the Motzko Show featuring Kevin Allenspach. Let's see, I envisioned that Coach M. would tell us the WCHA is crazy tight, and on any given night. . . That he isn't worried about the scoring drought of Lasch and Marvin because the points will come . . . that they ran into a hot goaltender, that Tech is on the upswing, etc. etc.

So, how'd I do?

The show is held at Old Chicago in some off-room that is too small and is cramped. The waitstaff is never prepared for the 15-20 that do show up, so the service ends up being lousy. The show doesn't take questions anymore--usually the highlight in past year's was Skeeterman's "joke question." They have the infamous bye week coming up, so no news on the next games.

Yes, going to UND with the Skeeterman's. Last year after getting our asses kicked Friday night, I recommend going back to Minnesota because of impending blizzard. Well, the blizzard was late, but we did manage to dodge a real ***-kicking Sat. night (7-4, I think).

I have come to the conclusion that this team has about half the talent the teams from 1999-2001 had. And even if I think Craig Dahl was not a good coach, at least his team's would hit somebody and play physical. Instead, this team comes up with games (about half of them) where they play soft, too "polite" or too "professional" or whatever they have to come up with to excuse their poor performance. Oh, yeah. Puck Luck. Bad Bounce.

Get why I was tired? Tired of the same old . . .
                      I am not ready to give up on Motzko yet, but he in no way has proven he knows how to coach at a elite level. He is not a bad coach, but I won't say he is a good coach either. Dahl was the same way. He wasn't a bad coach, but he sure wasn't a good coach. motzko has until the end of next season to get us over the hump or I think we need to start thinking about who can get this program over the hump. Hopefully he turns this thing around and we can all say how great he is again.
                      I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Originally posted by scsutommyboy View Post
                        I think we need to start thinking about who can get this program over the hump.
                        Dean Blais, oh wait, he is going to go to the Gophers..

Comment

After my first hump, I never got over it, I just kept on doing it, with a partner whenever possible.
                          If we don't make much progress, we may as well all pull up our pants and go home.
                          A well used ***** is a happy *****
                          Last edited by Skeeterman; 11-06-2009, 09:17 AM.
                          I am the voice of reason

Comment

well at least we know they won't split against a bottom 1/3 team this weekend.
                            I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

I'm not mad at Motzko--in fact, I believe he is the best coach the Huskies could have. Maybe they just don't play hockey the way I like to see it played. Maybe I am too old school.

I do like the way North Dakota plays hockey. They hit people, intimidate, out-skate, and go after it for 60 minutes.

Huskies seem to be too pyschological, fancy, tentative, etc. on some nights. Other nights (Sat. game against Duluth) they looked interested, ****y and wanted to play. Why the hell don't we see this effort every game?

Now I am going to watch the women's team play UMD. Maybe that will get me in a better mood . . .

Comment

Originally posted by The Boomer View Post
                                I'm not mad at Motzko--in fact, I believe he is the best coach the Huskies could have. Maybe they just don't play hockey the way I like to see it played. Maybe I am too old school.

I do like the way North Dakota plays hockey. They hit people, intimidate, out-skate, and go after it for 60 minutes.

Huskies seem to be too pyschological, fancy, tentative, etc. on some nights. Other nights (Sat. game against Duluth) they looked interested, ****y and wanted to play. Why the hell don't we see this effort every game?

Now I am going to watch the women's team play UMD. Maybe that will get me in a better mood . . .
                                Personally, I thought that Saturday night against Duluth was more St. Cloud beating a non-overly talented opponent at home. I didn't see them come out with a killer instinct mentality... they just managed to not trip over themselves nearly as much as Duluth did.
                                tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Working...
                                X