Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Alaska Anchorage @ Minnesota 10/30/09-11/1/09

Originally posted by Jockstock View Post
    If you want to know, I'm going to be donating my hair soon to Locks of Love to help kids that have had cancer and need hair. I encourage everyone that wants to help to grow your hair long and donate it to help some needy kids. www.locksoflove.com
    It's http://www.locksoflove.org/
    Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
    when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
    Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
      Yeah that's it. Dirty Rules!

Comment

At home, if Gophers don't win Friday it will be like the end of the world, they will have no life outside of hockey.

I could be wrong but it seems to me the Gophers must be lacking in leadership among the upperclassmen or team Captains, as they also have responsibilities for getting this team ready to play.

Seems like Stoa had big shoes to fill.
        "For me, college hockey was obviously the best step I could have taken to get to the next level." - Jonathan Toews, North Dakota/Chicago Blackhawks

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
          I wonder what tDon handled the shut outs? After game practices? That's what I have heard in the past.
          Remember the scene in Miracle where Herb Brooks makes them do down and backs until they start saying they play for the United States of America instead of whatever college they're from? tDon probably did the same thing, but skated them until they started saying they played for the University of Minnesota instead of whatever team drafted them.

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalSiouxFan View Post
            At home, if Gophers don't win Friday it will be like the end of the world, they will have no life outside of hockey.
            When they lose Friday do you imagine they will still get to go trick or treating Saturday night?
            Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
            UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Alaska people are wierd. They talk about stuff like what are the best leaves to use in a honey bucket.
              And I bet you are a corn cobb guy.
              Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
              UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

If you want to know, I'm going to be donating my hair soon to Locks of Love to help kids that have had cancer and need hair. I encourage everyone that wants to help to grow your hair long and donate it to help some needy kids. www.locksoflove.com
                here I thought you were channeling your inner-Hanson.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                Twenty red lights in his honor
                Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Since when do you love my Seawolves?

I have a feeling we'll see the Gophers score some goals this weekend, they are too talented not to. I bet they won't be gripping their sticks too tightly. I wonder what tDon handled the shut outs? After game practices? That's what I have heard in the past.
                  I love the Seawolves anytime they're playing the goofers.
                  Bob is making me concerned
                  I am the voice of reason

Comment

Good news for the Seawolves. Backstrom made the trip with the team. Looks like we'll have a bit more experience at the blue line compared to the last couple weeks. Hopefully he isn't too rusty

Comment

My $.02: The Gophs have to get off to a fast start and score the first goal or two on Friday night. If the Seawolves score first, the "Here we go again" mentality will creep into the Gophers' minds, and that is obviously advantage UAA. If UAA wins the first night, I think they'll sweep. If the Gophs win, it could go either way, but looking at UAA's average goaltending (so far), I think the Gophs will be able to put a few in the net this weekend and build their confidence and carry the momentum into Sunday with a sweep. I predicted a Gophers sweep in the WCHA Pick 'Em, so it'd be stupid to say otherwise here. Gophers by counts of 3-2 and 3-2 both games.

Comment

Originally posted by HoosierBBall_GopherHockey View Post
                        My $.02: The Gophs have to get off to a fast start and score the first goal or two on Friday night. If the Seawolves score first, the "Here we go again" mentality will creep into the Gophers' minds, and that is obviously advantage UAA. If UAA wins the first night, I think they'll sweep. If the Gophs win, it could go either way, but looking at UAA's average goaltending (so far), I think the Gophs will be able to put a few in the net this weekend and build their confidence and carry the momentum into Sunday with a sweep. I predicted a Gophers sweep in the WCHA Pick 'Em, so it'd be stupid to say otherwise here. Gophers by counts of 3-2 and 3-2 both games.
                        If you think UAA's goal tending has been average, ask the Sioux players if they agree with that way of thinking.
                        Originally Posted by aparch
                        I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
                          And I bet you are a corn cobb guy.
                          When you guys discover toilet paper all the world will applaud you. Yes! Rope a dope with Alaska rubes is always so random!!! Love it. Weeeeeeeeeee......

Comment

Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
                            here I thought you were channeling your inner-Hanson.
                            Inner Vedder!!!! If you put your hand on your screen right now, I will channel a video of a peeping tom booing Dirty while he changes his diaper.

Comment

If you think UAA's goal tending has been average, ask the Sioux players if they agree with that way of thinking.
                              Using one game (as opposed to your whole season) is not a very good indicator. I could bring up Michigan and Robert Morris or the first game against UND. That is three games. Your goaltending so far has been average. Could that change this weekend against an anemic Gophers offense (Is it that anemic? We did score 3 goals in that ONE game against the Sue). Absolutely, but we're not going against Cheverie for Christ sakes. I guess we'll find out soon. I'll eat crow if Olthius/Christianson stonewall the Gophs, but I don't see it happening.

Comment

Doesn't really matter how good the goaltending is when you miss the net.
                                the state of hockey is good

Comment

Working...
                                X