Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Alaska Anchorage @ Minnesota 10/30/09-11/1/09

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
    I'm not accusing your team of trapping, I'm just asking a question.
    Just a note: "The Trap" is not a dirty word, nor a crime.

If a team plays the trap, then just admit it. It's not like fans will send you into exile like a leper.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
      I think the Gophers have to sweep. Have to. UAA may be good enough to beat a disinterested Sioux team in their own barn, but this game is at home for the Gophers and the Gophers are desperate. Goalies have been playing well, defense has not been terrible. Shut them down and find a way to score some goals. They weren't blanked against British Columbia, UAA is better but not necessarily that much better than them.

4 points or it's the end of the world.
      I'm not real optimistic about this weekend and I usually am. I hope they sweep, But really I'd just be happy with some goals.

My pick is split.
      UAA 1-0 on friday
      Minnesota 5-2 Saturday.

Just one mans opinion....
      Sports Alleigance

NCAAH Minnesota
      NFL Min
      MLB NYM, Min
      NHL Min, Dal
      NCAAB Min, Baylor
      NCAAFB Min, Ole Miss
      Soccer USA, Liverpool, Sheffield Wednesday

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post

If a team plays the trap, then just admit it. It's not like fans will send you into exile like a leper.
        There is nothing to admit. UAA did not play the trap against UND. They out worked and out hustled the Sioux last night. Just 100% effort from every player, great team work.
        Originally Posted by aparch
        I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
          There is nothing to admit. UAA did not play the trap against UND. They out worked and out hustled the Sioux last night. Just 100% effort from every player, great team work.
          Didn't mean you specifically. Many fans, for whatever reason, get really defensive/angry if someone says that their team plays The Trap. It really *es me off.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Didn't mean you specifically. Many fans, for whatever reason, get really defensive/angry if someone says that their team plays The Trap. It really *es me off.
            I hate it when a team plays the trap against my team as well, the Badgers often have that game plan. UAA was much more aggressive in their win, good forchecking as well as backchecking. Talafous loved to play the trap, and it was BORING. Last nights game was in no way boring. It was fast paced and exciting.
            I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

I hate it when a team plays the trap against my team as well, the Badgers often have that game plan. UAA was much more aggressive in their win, good forchecking as well as backchecking. Talafous loved to play the trap, and it was BORING. Last nights game was in no way boring. It was fast paced and exciting.
              Actually, it *es me off that people get mad when you say they play the trap. It's like you accused their team of clubbing baby seals with non-biodegradable coal-filled cigarettes or something.

Comment

Too funny.
                Thanks!

UAA certainly outplayed UND for the first 10 minutes of the 2nd period. UND seemed to give up at this point and the Seawolves were more than willing to let them do that.
                Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                  Thanks!

UAA certainly outplayed UND for the first 10 minutes of the 2nd period. UND seemed to give up at this point and the Seawolves were more than willing to let them do that.
                  Oh UAA was much more dominant that that. From the end of the first period to the end of the second period, UND managed two shots on net. UAA got better as the game went on, UND did not. The only time the Sioux were the better team was the first half of the first period. And Bryce was responsible for keeping UAA in the game at that point.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by GOPHER FREAK View Post
                    I'm not real optimistic about this weekend and I usually am. I hope they sweep, But really I'd just be happy with some goals.

My pick is split.
                    UAA 1-0 on friday
                    Minnesota 5-2 Saturday.

Just one mans opinion....
                    Gawd not another shutout! Does anyone have the record for the # of shutouts the Gophs have suffered in a single season?

Comment

QFT.

Oh UAA was much more dominant that that. From the end of the first period to the end of the second period, UND managed two shots on net. UAA got better as the game went on, UND did not. The only time the Sioux were the better team was the first half of the first period. And Bryce was responsible for keeping UAA in the game at that point.
                      Well, the last 5 minutes of the game I'd give to the Sioux too...but having 2 PP and the extra attacker probably helped that.
                      Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                      Originally posted by Quizmire
                      mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                      MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                      MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                      I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

My panties are just fine, and I was just answering a question.

Funny stuff right there.
                        I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

The Gophers copy the Sioux and stand around for about 40 minutes. The UAA will play a bit better than they did last night, {and} UAA has shown that they are perfectly willing to take it. <--- the victories
                          Thanks. UAA certainly outplayed UND, UND seemed to give up. The Seawolves were more than willing to let them do that. <--- get asses handed to them
                          Liberaly edited for my pleasure....However, good to see big "d" deriding his own team. It's gold!

And then, i think the cfb, cc, boarding majors are a front, makes other teams think about that hit...that could hurt a LOT... lets leave this win behind as it's not that significant in the overall picture. The men have got to bring the same intensity to the DON this weekend and penetrate a goophers team that is reeling and, oddly enough, has a string(s) about booting tDON. One season, one bad start to the season, give the dude a little leeway.. I don't care for him much, but u have Hill as a replacement... think 2 times about that. :O)
                          Back in AK for good... 7/13/05

Comment

The trap (rhymes with the clap, maybe that's why people don't like it?) is to prevent a team from entering your defensive zone, creating a mostly dump in, shoot out, back and forth type of game (i.e. boring). Most of the time against the Sue the puck was in the UAA zone, it's just UAA was out blocking shots and applying high pressure (using their size) and creating chances on the counter. Or the Sue weren't even there and the puck was in the North Dakota end thus eliminating the need to play the trap.

Or to put it simply, we weren't playing the trap.
                            U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                            Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                            I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                            But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                            Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

The big question is who will score for Minnesota? I have almost finished cleaning out my vomit bucket from the past two weekends and me thinks at least I got the vomit in the bucket!! Guys, please get some of the shots on net, the scoring chances seem to imcrease when the shot hits the target!! Is this the weekend the real Jorden Schroeder shows up, is this the weeked Hoffel gets his shots on the net?, only time will tell......................

Please o Please someone, anyone just score.

Comment

The delayed broadcast had the most important stat of all. 1934 is now meaningless cause the 09-10 club has become the worst scoring Gopher team of all time after 4 games.

EDIT: Attendance for Sunday's game will be non-existent as the Vikes-Pack play at the same time. As it is I will likely DVR it and watch it after the football game.
                                Last edited by ScoobyDoo; 10-26-2009, 08:21 AM.
                                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Working...
                                X