Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI @ Union (NC, 10/30), Army @ RPI (10/31)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RPI @ Union (NC, 10/30), Army @ RPI (10/31)

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
    Wait, you're expecting an easier time against #1 Army than against #26 Union?
    Good point.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

What did the egg say to the boiling water? "It may take me a while to get hard, cause I just got laid".

If anyone needs me to explain, contact Red Cloud.
      Bob is making me concerned
      I am the voice of reason

Comment

I just want to say Go RPI! Not only because you are a fellow Tech school, but also because you have an awesome pep band, and you guys are going to be at The GLI this year. I really hope things work out somehow and I get to go again. Will your band be making the trip?
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        guklke did you fick that dude at te vbar tongiht5, he awas all iover youi. and way over your haead.
        Whats the difference between the Tech Hockey Team and the Huskies Pep Band?

WE'RE NOT WEARING HOCKEY PADS!

Comment

Originally posted by The Incredible Gulk View Post
          I just want to say Go RPI! Not only because you are a fellow Tech school, but also because you have an awesome pep band, and you guys are going to be at The GLI this year. I really hope things work out somehow and I get to go again. Will your band be making the trip?
          I wish they were, unfortunately they kinda shut down for the winter break. There'll be a large group of band alums at the GLI, to my knowledge though.

Thanks for the support! Most weekends I would reciprocate, but I did my grad work at St. Cloud State... good luck anyway!
          Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Thanks for the support! Most weekends I would reciprocate, but I did my grad work at St. Cloud State... good luck anyway!
            That's interesting.
            Like a turkey at Thanksgiving, I'm stuffed

Comment

Originally posted by hockeymascot View Post
              That's interesting.
              I know, I know, it's a step down from my 4-year from RPI, but hey, I was pretty much tapped out financially after that. It could have been worse, though, I could have done my 4-year at Union, then I'd be even more broke!

Comment

Yes. Since shootouts don't technically count that would still make Union unbeaten (4-0-1) in the last five and 5-2-2 since Appert took over.
                I counted that game as a win because we moved on in the tournament and went on the win the Governor's Cup.

Of course, RPI started off undefeated against Clarkson for a few years after George Roll took over, too. IIRC, the overall records for Clarkson and RPI were fairly similar in the first three years of the new coach's reign, so it's partially explained by that.

Recent, but of course as we all know, historically uncharacteristic domination (as evidenced by the 43-19-9 all time edge by the men of Troy).
                That's why I made sure to say recent. I know the history but since my time here at Union, we have been the best team in the capital district. I don't think you can deny that. (Just like I can't dispute that you are the team with the better history - Threw that in just for you.)
                LET'S GO UNION DA DA DADADA

Comment

I know, I know, it's a step down from my 4-year from RPI, but hey, I was pretty much tapped out financially after that. It could have been worse, though, I could have done my 4-year at Union, then I'd be even more broke!
                  I'm going to be nice...just have to smile at this point.
                  Last edited by UnionHockeyManiac; 10-29-2009, 01:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by UnionHockeyManiac View Post
                    I counted that game as a win because we moved on in the tournament and went on the win the Governor's Cup.
                    Which is kinda nonsensical now since it goes down in the books as a tie. You have a point with your next remark, let's not push it, eh?

That's why I made sure to say recent. I know the history but since my time here at Union, we have been the best team in the capital district. I don't think you can deny that. (Just like I can't dispute that you are the team with the better history - Threw that in just for you.)
                    Kindly point out for me where I denied that. Matter of fact I'm pretty sure I affirmed it. Why are you trying to start something here? Is it in your nature? Jesus.

Crowing about being better than RPI over the last three years. Practically everyone's been better than RPI over the last three years. I think I ought to put that on my list of odd Union celebratory facts.

Originally posted by UnionHockeyManiac View Post
                    I just have to smile at this point.
                    Why, because Union costs more than RPI? Congratulations. You can have that one.

Comment

Good luck tomorrow. Should be a battle.

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                        This is our last weekend to practice before the real games start.
                        I like having Union @ Union because it will give us an idea of what to expect from an ECAC team.
                        I don't know what their team make up is, but if they are expecting the same things from RPI that they have faced the last three years, they will be in for a very long night.
                        We are better in every area. We are much faster. We play with a purpose. And we play for 60 minutes.
                        I see this as another four point weekend, with a close game Friday and an easier time on Saturday night. JMO
                        Union is going to be the same sort of team that they've been the last few years. They'll skate hard all night, they'll pressure everything, they'll trap the hell out of the game and hope that Milan can limit the rebounds. Union will be hot to counter-attack and take advantage of pinching defensemen. They'll play it like a better version of Sacred Heart.

RPI has to sack up and start not looking at Union like a ho-hum rival and start playing them the way they do when they take on the likes of Clarkson or Cornell, they need to be that intense.
                        R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

It could have been worse, though, I could have done my 4-year at Union, then I'd be even more broke!
                          RC with a not No. 26 Union degree? What's wrong with that picture?

Comment

Any other RPI fans making the trip to union this weekend?
                            RIT Tigers
                            2006-2007, 2008-2009, 2009-2010, 2010-2011 Regular Season Champions
                            2010,2015, 2016 Atlantic Hockey Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Wholin1 View Post
                              RC with a not No. 26 Union degree? What's wrong with that picture?
                              After 4 years in Schenectady I doubt I'd have ever been able to wash out the pervasive smell.

And you're totally wrong about Union not being #26.

Comment

Devil's Night in Schenectady... maybe I had better come heavy.

Comment

Working...
                                X