RPI vs AIC 10/24/09

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RPI vs AIC 10/24/09

We'll get this one going early as RPI goes for the weekend sweep after the win over Sacred Heart. Should be a good one at HFH tonight. Anyone think Appert will give York the night off and give Merriam some time between the pipes?

Re: RPI vs AIC 10/24/09

Thread-Starting Statistics:
    Code:
    FlagDUDE08         1- 0- 0  2 points 1.000
    engineerhockeyfan  1- 1- 0  2 points  .500
    Rockchops          0- 0- 1  1 point   .500
    Ralph Baer         0- 1- 1  1 point   .250
    Cumulative 2003-4 - 2009-10 Thread-Starting Statistics

Code:
    fr joe            13-20- 4 30 points  .405
    engineerhockeyfan 12-16- 4 28 points  .438
    Ralph Baer        10-20- 5 25 points  .357
    hockeyhound       11-13- 1 23 points  .460
    Red Cloud          9- 1- 1 19 points  .864
    GRussinko          6-11- 0 12 points  .353
    RPIBMW             4- 5- 1  9 points  .450
    DrDemento          3- 9- 3  9 points  .300
    rpihockeyfan13     4- 3- 0  8 points  .571
    HighlanderRPI      3- 4- 1  7 points  .438
    FlagDUDE08         3- 0- 0  6 points 1.000
    jericho            2- 5- 0  4 points  .286
    RPIHFH             1- 1- 1  3 points  .500
    JennyRN            1- 1- 1  3 points  .500
    berbs91            1- 0- 0  2 points 1.000
    ambersuds          1- 0- 0  2 points 1.000
    Jeffrey On         1- 1- 0  2 points  .500
    REDRocket          1- 2- 0  2 points  .333
    redrocker          0- 0- 1  1 point   .500
    Rockchops          0- 0- 1  1 point   .500
    Waite21            0- 3- 1  1 point   .125
    vicb               0- 3- 1  1 point   .125
    RenPI              0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    johnk              0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    Cookin4Fun         0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    RPI-Fan-Go-Red     0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    Gophers #1         0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    ZYanksRule         0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    redhead18          0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    For your listening pleasure:

Fight Song
    ****** src="http://pepband.union.rpi.edu/music/LongHail.mp3" Loop=0 Volume=100 Autostart="false">

Alma Mater
    ****** src="http://pepband.union.rpi.edu/music3/06%20Alma%20Mater.mp3" Loop=0 Volume=100 Autostart="false">
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by rpihockeyfan13 View Post
      We'll get this one going early as RPI goes for the weekend sweep after the win over Sacred Heart. Should be a good one at HFH tonight. Anyone think Appert will give York the night off and give Merriam some time between the pipes?
      It would not surprise me at all.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

This thread should have been started by FlagDude-he has an unbeaten streak going. I hope this does not jinx us. Yesterday's win would not have occurred last year. That was the type of game we would have found a way to lose. So far this year we seem to play better the second night-I sure hope so and would like to see a convincing win by a couple goals in regulation time. It would also be nice to see the defense hold AIC down in the third period without taking a slew of penalties.
        Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
          This thread should have been started by FlagDude-he has an unbeaten streak going. I hope this does not jinx us. Yesterday's win would not have occurred last year. That was the type of game we would have found a way to lose. So far this year we seem to play better the second night-I sure hope so and would like to see a convincing win by a couple goals in regulation time. It would also be nice to see the defense hold AIC down in the third period without taking a slew of penalties.
          Consider that rpihockeyfan13 saved us from having me start the thread. Also, he does have a winning record.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Our record against AIC is pretty lopsided (is it 19-1-1, Ralph?), but that tie came in the last game. While our Red won in OT last night, our third period kept it from being a much more satisfying night.

Perhaps these are steps along the way... third period win v. UNH, getting hosed in the third v. UAF, ovecoming our third v. SH to win. In the last few seasons, it was losing in the third after playing well/hard/outmanned v. better competition.

Making the third period matter... it's been a few seasons since we could say that with confidence. Making the third period matter... getting the lead... playing with the lead. None of us knows what SA is telling the players; making the third period our period can be one of the steps along the way to enjoying a better season.
            Last edited by fr joe; 10-24-2009, 07:40 AM.
            Here we come!

Comment

Originally posted by fr joe View Post
              Our record against AIC is pretty lopsided (is it 19-1-1, Ralph?
              yes
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by rpihockeyfan13 View Post
                Absolutely not. This is for the cameras, they'll put York in there and give the people in Albany a good show.

Too bad I can't pick up TW3 in Syracuse.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                  LOL, well I've only started 3 threads (if you count one women's game during the playoffs). And that's only because I know when Harvard sucks. I don't just start threads though, I start winners, even if I picked us to tie that game. We ain't as good as Red Cloud, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                    Consider that rpihockeyfan13 saved us from having me start the thread. Also, he does have a winning record.
                    I was 4-0 last year too.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                      Absolutely not. This is for the cameras, they'll put York in there and give the people in Albany a good show.
                      That makes sense, but I would like to see Merriam get some game time. Years ago, the backup always got to play when the game got out of hand one way or the other, but one doesn't see many 10-1 games these days. Maybe tonight.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

While last night was not very satisfying, it was a win. Also, I don't think that the team let down in the third period. They just don't know how to win.
                        Sacred Heart came out and raised the level of their game as any team losing after two periods should. We were not ready for that and did not raise our level to meet theirs.
                        Hopefully we learned something from that, and if we are ahead going into the third period tonight, we know that we have to lift our game to match our opponents.
                        This is the time of year we get to learn those things.
                        This is a talented hockey team, and if they are quick studies, we will be fine by the time the ECAC schedule starts.
                        Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                        Benjamin Franklin
                        The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                        Gary Player

Comment

That makes sense, but I would like to see Merriam get some game time. Years ago, the backup always got to play when the game got out of hand one way or the other, but one doesn't see many 10-1 games these days. Maybe tonight.
                          This is parents weekend, and it is possible that Merriam's parents could be in town tonight. That could reason enough to start him in net.
                          I believe that we can win tonight with Merriam in goal, and I would rather start him tonight instead of next week against Army. Only because I would not want York to sit for two weeks.
                          Of Course, York could play all the games
                          Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                          Benjamin Franklin
                          Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                            This is parents weekend, and it is possible that Merriam's parents could be in town tonight. That could reason enough to start him in net.
                            I believe that we can win tonight with Merriam in goal, and I would rather start him tonight instead of next week against Army. Only because I would not want York to sit for two weeks.
                            Of Course, York could play all the games
                            I would like to see Merriam play, but parents' weekend shouldn' be a consideration, although conceivably he was told in advance he would play today.

In any case, we will find out in a few hours who will be in goal.

BTW, it's interesting that SA has done very little shuffling in and out of the lineup this year. Not counting the exhibition game vs. UPEI, Halpern and Watts have each played in a game, and Rabbani and Vassel have each sat out one game. That's it. We haven't seen Jensen, Zarbo, Smith, Morissette, and Beauregard at all.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I would like to see Merriam play, but parents' weekend shouldn' be a consideration, although conceivably he was told in advance he would play today.

In any case, we will find out in a few hours who will be in goal.

BTW, it's interesting that SA has done very little shuffling in and out of the lineup this year. Not counting the exhibition game vs. UPEI, Halpern and Watts have each played in a game, and Rabbani and Vassel have each sat out one game. That's it. We haven't seen Jensen, Zarbo, Smith, Morissette, and Beauregard at all.
                              If it were an ECAC game, or we were talking about a third string goalie, I would agree with you, but Merriam is good enough to win some games for us and he needs to get some playing time, so why not make everyone happy and let him play in front of his family. (if they are even in attendance).
                              I am little surprised that Zarbo, Jensen and Smith have not seen any action.
                              I can only guess that they are not doing very well in practice.
                              I do like the depth we have on defense though, and I did like the way Smith played last year.
                              Benjamin Franklin
                              Gary Player

Comment

Working...
                              X