RIT Women's Hockey 2009-2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIT Women's Hockey 2009-2010

Since no one else has jumped on this, then I shall!

After a disappointing end to a really great regular season in 2008-09, the Lady Tigers look to make yet another run at the ECAC West championship and the NCAA tournament. There are nine Freshmen this year, including Carley King in goal, making for a very young goaltending tandem with Sophomore Amy Torgerson who started only 5 games last season. However, Torgerson won all five of her starts including one shutout and stats similar to former starter Sandra Grant.

The Defensive side of things is looking young this year too, with 4 of 7 Defenders being Freshmen. Seniors Dayna Birch, Meagen Geypens (listed as F/D on collegehockeystats.net) and Lindsay Littman, along with the now departed Erica Owczarczak (transfer to Niagara) combined for 57 points last season. Now it is up to returning Jamie Parhar, Traci Galbraith, and Shireen Irani to help lead this young D corps to success.

On the other side of the blue line, the Offense has maintained a good majority of its scorers. Only Senior Keltie Jones was lost to graduation (unless Scuteri graduated as a junior, I really don't know), but she has returned to the RIT Tigers as the Assistant Coach to Scott McDonald this season. Keltie scored 34 points last season and 80 in her career at RIT. Top goal scorer Katie Stack returns this season as Junior along with RIT points leader Sarah Dagg. With Senior Missy Hall, Juniors Amanda Klassen and Kylie Mazzetta, and Sophomores Ali Hills and Megan Kobar, the 4 new faces on Offense should have lots of guidance, however they will likely be called upon early to produce.

From what I've heard, the Freshmen look good this year, so let's keep our fingers crossed and hope for another great season of RIT Women's Hockey!

Down with Plattsburgh!

First game is tomorrow against Burlington at 7:00pm at the Ritter. Be there!

(forgive me if I got anything wrong in my writeup, I did the best I could )

canigeta WOO!
    e^x, dx/dy, Janni wants some apple pie

Go Tigers.

Re: RIT Women's Hockey 2009-2010

Originally posted by d4rksabre View Post

unless Scuteri graduated as a junior, I really don't know
    Both Nicci Scuteri and Maggie Giamo from last years team have transferred in conference to SUNY Cortland. Best of luck to them this season (except for their games against the Tigers )

Comment

Originally posted by tigerdj73 View Post
      Both Nicci Scuteri and Maggie Giamo from last years team have transferred in conference to SUNY Cortland. Best of luck to them this season (except for their games against the Tigers )
      Aha well that explains it all! How did I know about Erica but not Maggie or Scooter? Oi. I need to keep up on my news.

Go Tigers.

Comment

Great game last night. It was good to see a bunch of the freshmen getting points. This is gonna be another great season for the Lady Tigers!
        Atlantic Hockey Composite schedule: www.tinyurl.com/AHAcomp2
        College Hockey America (Women) Composite Schedule: www.tinyurl.com/CHAWcomp

RIT Tigers
        Men's Atlantic Hockey Champions 2010 2015 2016 2024
        Men's Frozen Four 2010
        Women's College Hockey America Champions 2014 2015
        Women's DIII National Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by mar7967 View Post
          Great game last night. It was good to see a bunch of the freshmen getting points. This is gonna be another great season for the Lady Tigers!
          Agreed. I was really impressed with the chippyness of Yokoyama's play in particular. I just hope it doesn't lead to any stupid penalties as the season goes on.

Also, it's going to take a little bit of getting used to Ross and Moss lol

Go Tigers.

Comment

So the DIII Fan Opinion poll has begun, be sure to get your votes in :-)

tigerdj73, thanks for joining us.
            RIT

We made the Frozen Four!!!

Follow the RIT Corner Crew on Facebook

Comment

Women's hockey selected by coaches to finish first in ECAC West
              Make some TIGERS noise!!

Comment

Will any of the Tiger faithful be making the trip down to Aston?

Comment

Probably not, as the Men's team plays Army at home this weekend, which will divert our attention. We're pumped about the Men's and Women's double header in a few weeks though, with the Women playing Potsdam and the Men playing Sacred Heart. Four hockey games in one weekend is the best.

I hope they'll be able to keep us updated on the score Friday night during the Men's game.

Go Tigers.

Comment

All RIT women's hockey home games to be broadcast on B2 Networks

http://www.ritathletics.com/news/200...spx?path=whock

Great news! My question, though: who's providing the audio? (Secondary question: how much does it cost? It's hard to beat the ticket price of going to the game. =) )

Powers &8^]

Comment

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
                      All RIT women's hockey home games to be broadcast on B2 Networks

http://www.ritathletics.com/news/200...spx?path=whock

Great news! My question, though: who's providing the audio? (Secondary question: how much does it cost? It's hard to beat the ticket price of going to the game. =) )

Powers &8^]
                      This is really cool for a Women's team to get this kind of attention. I'm also curious about the audio. Are they dragging the RIT guys in for Women's games now too?

Go Tigers.

Comment

Originally posted by d4rksabre View Post
                        Are they dragging the RIT guys in for Women's games now too?
                        Not sure if that would be possible since the Men's team and Women's team are not always home at the same time. It would be cool if the Women's team got their own radio people.
                        RIT

Comment

Originally posted by Mania View Post
                          Not sure if that would be possible since the Men's team and Women's team are not always home at the same time. It would be cool if the Women's team got their own radio people.
                          Aren't a lot of the womens games on TWCS too, either live or delayed? Would SZ and TWCS allow the use of their audio for B2?
                          Atlantic Hockey Composite schedule: www.tinyurl.com/AHAcomp2
                          College Hockey America (Women) Composite Schedule: www.tinyurl.com/CHAWcomp

RIT Tigers
                          Men's Atlantic Hockey Champions 2010 2015 2016 2024
                          Men's Frozen Four 2010
                          Women's College Hockey America Champions 2014 2015
                          Women's DIII National Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by mar7967 View Post
                            Aren't a lot of the womens games on TWCS too, either live or delayed? Would SZ and TWCS allow the use of their audio for B2?
                            the TWCS schedule for the women:

Sat., Jan. 9 vs. Elmira, 2 p.m. LIVE
                            Sun., Jan. 10 vs. Elmira, 2 p.m. LIVE
                            Sat., Jan. 30 vs. Utica, 2 p.m. LIVE
                            Sun., Jan. 31 vs. Utica, 2 p.m. LIVE
                            Fri., Feb. 12 vs. SUNY Cortland, 7 p.m. LIVE
                            Sat., Feb. 13 vs. SUNY Cortland, 7 p.m. LIVE

So I'm not sure about the rest of the games.
                            Last edited by Tweedle Dee; 11-19-2009, 10:03 AM.
                            RITTIGERS FOR LIFE!!

Proud member of the Corner.

Support Hockey. Any Location, Any Time, Any Level, Any Gender. For some it's a game, for others a sport - for me, it's something more.

Comment

So, I posted a preview for this weekend on the corner crew website.
                              RIT

Comment

Working...
                              X