RPI vs. SHU - 10/23/09

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RPI vs. SHU - 10/23/09

With Bear Trapp gone, I will take the chance and start the thread. RPI takes on Sacred Heart at Houston. Will it be a second win in 3 years for RPI? The game will tell all.

Re: RPI vs. SHU - 10/23/09

Thread-Starting Statistics:
    Code:
    engineerhockeyfan  1- 1- 0  2 points  .500
    Rockchops          0- 0- 1  1 point   .500
    Ralph Baer         0- 1- 1  1 point   .250
    Cumulative 2003-4 - 2009-10 Thread-Starting Statistics

Code:
    fr joe            13-20- 4 30 points  .405
    engineerhockeyfan 12-16- 4 28 points  .438
    Ralph Baer        10-20- 5 25 points  .357
    hockeyhound       11-13- 1 23 points  .460
    Red Cloud          9- 1- 1 19 points  .864
    GRussinko          6-11- 0 12 points  .353
    RPIBMW             4- 5- 1  9 points  .450
    DrDemento          3- 9- 3  9 points  .300
    rpihockeyfan13     4- 3- 0  8 points  .571
    HighlanderRPI      3- 4- 1  7 points  .438
    FlagDUDE08         2- 0- 0  4 points 1.000
    jericho            2- 5- 0  4 points  .286
    RPIHFH             1- 1- 1  3 points  .500
    JennyRN            1- 1- 1  3 points  .500
    berbs91            1- 0- 0  2 points 1.000
    ambersuds          1- 0- 0  2 points 1.000
    Jeffrey On         1- 1- 0  2 points  .500
    REDRocket          1- 2- 0  2 points  .333
    redrocker          0- 0- 1  1 point   .500
    Rockchops          0- 0- 1  1 point   .500
    Waite21            0- 3- 1  1 point   .125
    vicb               0- 3- 1  1 point   .125
    RenPI              0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    johnk              0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    Cookin4Fun         0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    RPI-Fan-Go-Red     0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    Gophers #1         0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    ZYanksRule         0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    redhead18          0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    For your listening pleasure:

Fight Song
    ****** src="http://pepband.union.rpi.edu/music/LongHail.mp3" Loop=0 Volume=100 Autostart="false">

Alma Mater
    ****** src="http://pepband.union.rpi.edu/music3/06%20Alma%20Mater.mp3" Loop=0 Volume=100 Autostart="false">
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

This game is in our barn-let's show them that no one can come in here and beat us! (just a thought-I haven't even been able to consider this in over 3 years) Let's Go Red!!!
      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

I will, again, be in attendance for this one (and tomorrow). I need to get down there early so I can try and get some photos of the other side of York's mask and hopefully get some shots of Bryce Merriam's as well, especially the back part of it.

It should be a victory tonight, we'll see how much killer instinct there is out there. Don't get me wrong, SHU will play very hard, they always do, and they'll be more formidable in the future, but for now, this is a team RPI should take care of.
        R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

Last weekend against the Alaska we gave up 4 total goals-I can live well with that for a 2 game period. Problem is we only scored 1 goal in the same two games. I would like to see us get about 8 on offense this weekend while still just allowing the same number on defense (4). That would give me a good sense of relief.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
            Last weekend against the Alaska we gave up 4 total goals-I can live well with that for a 2 game period. Problem is we only scored 1 goal in the same two games. I would like to see us get about 8 on offense this weekend while still just allowing the same number on defense (4). That would give me a good sense of relief.
            I can live with an average margin of 2 goals. I think we can have less than 4 against though. I'll predict 9-3 as a total spread. I guess this is being optimistic?

Comment

Originally posted by jmhusker View Post
              I can live with an average margin of 2 goals. I think we can have less than 4 against though. I'll predict 9-3 as a total spread. I guess this is being optimistic?
              Ill second these picks.
              RIT Tigers
              2006-2007, 2008-2009, 2009-2010, 2010-2011 Regular Season Champions
              2010,2015, 2016 Atlantic Hockey Champions

Comment

Originally posted by NYhockeyguy View Post
                Ill second these picks.
                By the way, all of Atlantic Hockey has a combined OOC record of 1-23 right now and they are being outscored by an average of 4.04 to 1.88 each game. So Doc's 8 to 4 prognosis is par for the season for AH teams.

Given that AIC and SH are not expected to be top teams, my 9-3 spread isn't as aggressive as I first thought.

Comment

Even if we only score one goal against SHU, so long as it's the same result as two years ago, I'll be happy. For those who don't remember, we won in Overtime in an Alford/whoever-the-sieve-for-SHU-was battle.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                    Even if we only score one goal against SHU, so long as it's the same result as two years ago, I'll be happy. For those who don't remember, we won in Overtime in an Alford/whoever-the-sieve-for-SHU-was battle.
                    YE of little faith. I saw your ECAC weekly picks. Tell your sister to go find a date because you won't be kissing her tonight.

Comment

YE of little faith. I saw your ECAC weekly picks. Tell your sister to go find a date because you won't be kissing her tonight.
                      I don't have a sister, so every tie is a loss for me. Unless sisters-in-law count...

Plus, I'm doing awful in the ECAC picks. Hope I can continue the downward trend and end up in dead last. :P

Comment

See you at tonight's game. Go Engineers!
                        Here we come!

Comment

By the way, all of Atlantic Hockey has a combined OOC record of 1-23 right now and they are being outscored by an average of 4.04 to 1.88 each game. So Doc's 8 to 4 prognosis is par for the season for AH teams.

Given that AIC and SH are not expected to be top teams, my 9-3 spread isn't as aggressive as I first thought.
                          I figure the defense should be at least the same as last year if not a little better. I just think we added enough firepower in the new freshmen to be able to score 4 goals many nights. Tonight would be a good place to start. Go Red!!

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                            With Bear Trapp gone, I will take the chance and start the thread. RPI takes on Sacred Heart at Houston. Will it be a second win in 3 years for RPI? The game will tell all.
                            Not that it has anything to do with anything, but he's playing for the ECHL team here in Victoria this year.
                            Let's go Cats!!!

Philadelphia Phillies Well there's always next year

2007 ECAC East-NESCAC LPS Champ!!
                            2009 ECACHL Pick 'em champ!!

"All the miseries and evils which men suffer from vice, crime, ambition, injustice, oppression, slavery and war, proceed from their despising or neglecting the precepts contained in the Bible." [Noah Webster. History. p. 339]

Comment

Originally posted by gounhwildcats View Post
                              Not that it has anything to do with anything, but he's playing for the ECHL team here in Victoria this year.
                              Very cool to hear. He did wear one of my two lucky numbers while he played at the college level.

And I heard the music, time for the game!

Comment

Working...
                              X