Michigan State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michigan State

Where did Corey Tropp come from? Was he stuck on a bad line last year or is Derek Grant turning him into a machine?

Best tandem in the CCHA this year?
    see you in the pound

Re: Michigan State

Originally posted by ferrisfan1 View Post
    Where did Corey Tropp come from? Was he stuck on a bad line last year or is Derek Grant turning him into a machine?

Best tandem in the CCHA this year?
    Tropp didn't play a full season. And when he played wasn't at full strength much of the time. He first contracted mono (which can affect one's energy level for an extended period of time) and then, well you know.

And he was in about what 8 different line combinations? Guys like Shean and Warda at center. Therefore never got on track.

And yes, Grant is darn good, it seems.

I guess Tropp's now living up to what Buffalo saw in him when they took him as their third pick in '07.
    Last edited by owslachief; 10-23-2009, 02:29 PM.

Comment

It was a combination of sickness and no chemistry, like what Owlsachief said and the fact that last year's team just wasn't very good. It's hard to put up points when those around you are too small/injured/inexperienced. This year's team is much more capable and our scorers will have much more support.

Also, i am willing to think he is a bit more driven this year to make up for last year's mistakes.

Comment

Originally posted by Pirateasaurus View Post
        Also, i am willing to think he is a bit more driven this year to make up for last year's mistakes.
        Mistaking Kampfer for a dusty rug was one of them. Actually, they (mistakes) can't get much bigger than that.
        Last edited by owslachief; 10-23-2009, 02:23 PM.

Comment

Tropp reminds me of Steve Suk (for those that remember Spartan Hockey names ffrom the early 90's). He's got the tools to be a solid threat, but often thinks too long before making a play. Last season he took some big hits based on having his head down andd taking too long to make a play.

I also think he is working hard to prove to his teammates and his coach that he is a committed member of this team. I think he is finally on a line where he can be comfotable, and the results are starting to show.
          MICHIGAN STATE
          1966:1986:2007

Comment

Originally posted by STATEdude3 View Post
            Tropp reminds me of Steve Suk (for those that remember Spartan Hockey names ffrom the early 90's). He's got the tools to be a solid threat, but often thinks too long before making a play. Last season he took some big hits based on having his head down andd taking too long to make a play.

I also think he is working hard to prove to his teammates and his coach that he is a committed member of this team. I think he is finally on a line where he can be comfotable, and the results are starting to show.
            There're two names I haven't seen for awhile: Steve Suk (never got to seem him play) and STATEdude3

Comment

Originally posted by STATEdude3 View Post
              Tropp reminds me of Steve Suk (for those that remember Spartan Hockey names ffrom the early 90's).
              I always thought if Suk had shot once and awhile on the power play the goalie would be so stunned it would have been a sure goal. Never saw anyone pass so much.

Comment

Working...
              X