Belle Tire
    Grand Rapids
    Buffalo
    Team Illinois

Re: Manon Rheaume Invitational Tournament 19U

She is so hot!

Comment

A hot goalie?? I didn't know she was still playing!! I met her in Denver a few years back and she was very gracious and extremely nice to my daughter, posing for photos, chatting etc. Lovely lady!!

Comment

Originally posted by goaliedad35 View Post
        A hot goalie?? I didn't know she was still playing!! I met her in Denver a few years back and she was very gracious and extremely nice to my daughter, posing for photos, chatting etc. Lovely lady!!
        Last time I saw her was a few years ago at Stoney Creek. She had a young son, and was expecting another child. She was the coach of a team from Michigan.

She was one of the early day trailblazers in the 90's that helped put women's hockey on the forefront in Canada.

Comment

Originally posted by OnMAA View Post
          Last time I saw her was a few years ago at Stoney Creek. She had a young son, and was expecting another child. She was the coach of a team from Michigan.

She was one of the early day trailblazers in the 90's that helped put women's hockey on the forefront in Canada.
          Saw her two years ago in Philly at Nationals. She was playing for Little Caesars Senior A (they won it all that year) but as the "back-up" goalie. She did great at forward, something like 8 goals 8 assists and never needed to strap on the pads. Goalie playing in front of her had like a .85 GAA for the tourney. Not sure if she still is with Caesars though... haven't seen or heard. But you are right, gracious and HOT!

Comment

Originally posted by Gardien De But View Post
            November 12-15, 2009
            Farmington Hills MI

19U - Tier 1

A Division
            Aurora Jr. Panthers (PWHL)
            Victory Honda
            Ohio Flames
            Honeybaked

B Division
            Madison
            Mission
            LA Selects
            Little Caesars

C Division
            Belle Tire
            Grand Rapids
            Buffalo
            Team Illinois
            Predictions for Quarter Finals?

A - Aurora, Honeybaked
            B - Little Caesars, Mission
            C - Team Illinois, Belle Tire
            Wildcards - Madison? Ohio?

This tournament has very quietly assembled an excellent field. Top U.S. teams and one of the most improved Canadian (PWHL) teams which is very competitive. Should be fun to watch.

Comment

Don't have a daughter in the PWHL this season but all the top teams are giving this tourney a miss.

Haven't seen Aurora play but looked up their last few games and they seem to have found a young goal scorer, Stacey and a goalie, Morning, who beat Cambridge and lost by 1 to SC.

Saw some of the SC tourney in Sept and the US teams that I saw were not that impressive. IIRC the Div A semi finalists were all PWHL.

Since we are close by. I am hoping to see some games in December as the US teams will certainly have improved.

Comment

Anything to report? Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by law View Post
                  Anything to report? Thanks!
                  Starts next week

Comment

Originally posted by justthedriver View Post
                    Starts next week
                    Darn! Must have been a computer glitch.

I was wondering why this thread was so quiet.

Thanks.

Comment

Predictions for Quarter Finals?

A - Aurora, Honeybaked
                      B - Little Caesars, Mission
                      C - Team Illinois, Belle Tire
                      Wildcards - Madison? Ohio?

This tournament has very quietly assembled an excellent field. Top U.S. teams and one of the most improved Canadian (PWHL) teams which is very competitive. Should be fun to watch.
                      Interesting tournament!

LA survived the semi's 1-0 over Aurora (PWHL) thanks to their fine goaltender and Mission cruised past Little Caesars to get into the final. LA Selects beat Chicago Mission 2-1 in a shootout.

Aurora survived a Friday to forget to get into the quarters despite giving up 2 empty net goals vs. Honeybaked (goals for and against determined the wild cards) and a brawling Victory Honda team which ended up on the wrong end of a 7-1 score on Saturday, once Aurora finally found their legs after a 2 week lay off.

Manon Rheaume and her team put on a first class event, banquet was incredibly well done, speakers Mark Johnson and Caitlin Cahow were excellent, and everything on and off the ice ran very smoothly. This tournament should be at the top of everyone's list for next year!

Comment

Interesting tournament!

LA survived the semi's 1-0 over Aurora (PWHL) thanks to their fine goaltender and Mission cruised past Little Caesars to get into the final. LA Selects beat Chicago Mission 2-1 in a shootout.

Aurora survived a Friday to forget to get into the quarters despite giving up 2 empty net goals vs. Honeybaked (goals for and against determined the wild cards) and a brawling Victory Honda team which ended up on the wrong end of a 7-1 score on Saturday, once Aurora finally found their legs after a 2 week lay off.

Manon Rheaume and her team put on a first class event, banquet was incredibly well done, speakers Mark Johnson and Caitlin Cahow were excellent, and everything on and off the ice ran very smoothly. This tournament should be at the top of everyone's list for next year!

Have to agree, Very well run tournament and the facilities were all close in proximity to one another as well as being very nice venues to watch. This one should grow in the years to come to be a top notch, must attend.

Comment

16U Champion was Little Caesars who beat Mission 3-0 in final. LC beat Honeybaked 4-0 in semi and Mission beat Willowdale 3-2 in a shootout for their semi.

Comment

Working...
                          X