Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elmira College Vs. Oswego

Who will win this game?
    I know Elmira's roster is strong but is Oswego's.

EC FAN-FOR LIFE

Re: Elmira College Vs. Oswego

the game will be live on FASTHockey.com

Comment

I know. Im going to the game. Its gonna be a great game to watch. It's just who will win Elmira or Oswego

Comment

Originally posted by goec18 View Post
        Who will win this game?
        I know Elmira's roster is strong but is Oswego's.

EC FAN-FOR LIFE
        -Oswego's goalie situation definitely leaves some questions at least in my mind. Elmira has Tuttle who will be a fourth year starter when he comes in to Campus Center Ice Arena Friday. Elmira definitely has the edge in that department.

-With most of the roster filled with newcomers, Oswego won't have much time to 'gel' during the game, let's hope that they come out playing as well as they did the mid-2nd period onwards against Royal Military College. Also, hopefully both Selleck and Fox play on Friday because that would create one dangerous first line.

-The amount of freshmen on Gosek's roster really causes a lot of uncertainty. Obviously this group put up some big numbers in the OPJHL, but as Prez has said before, stats in Juniors don't necessarily carry over to D-III college hockey. If they can adjust to the type of play early in the game, there's really no telling what will happen.

-Elmira does have some great players; Masters, Tuttle, Linden. Depending on how others pick up the slack from the couple of seniors they lost, they can be a very tough team.

-It'll be interesting to see the type of atmosphere there will be in both games. Last weekend the Campus Center was ok, parents weekend definitely boosted the numbers. Hopefully the students show up and try to be a bit active in the game. At Elmira, over the past couple years it has seemed that they are drawing a larger crowd. Whether this is due to more students attending, or the townies showing up in bunches, no clue (Prez or another person familiar with it?). Both teams have a decent home ice advantage if the crowds are good.

Honestly, from my point of view, Oswego will struggle initially in the first game because there are a lot of unknown variables to account for and Elmira has solid goaltending. I expect Elmira to take both games, but not by much.

Comment

Just got word that our tickets for Friday's game will be delivered tomorrow.
          $8 for a D-3 hockey game? They are $4-$5 anywhere else.
          Must still be paying for that new rink

Back on topic, I think both games will be close, can't wait. Will be at both games.
          Last edited by jconnor; 10-21-2009, 01:21 PM.
          Elmira College (2006 ECAC-W Champions. 2006,2008 Final Four Semi-Finalist)
          Guelph Storm (2004 OHL Champions)
          Die Hard Leafs Fan (Still Waiting )

http://community.webshots.com/user/jpconnor55

Comment

Originally posted by goec18 View Post
            Who will win this game?
            When college hockey is involved, we all win.
            "Career highlights? I had two - I got an intentional walk from Sandy Koufax and I got out of a rundown against the Mets." - Bob Uecker

Read my blog! gbsportsguy.wordpress.com

Comment

Will there be live stats on either of the game this weekend?
              Utica College Hockey. Best fan base in D-III. Fear the Moose.
              Utica College 2004-2005 EcacWest Regular Season Champions
              Utica College 2012-2013 EcacWest Regular Season Champions
              2012-2013 ECAC West PICK'EM CHAMPION
              2012-2013 SUNYAC 1st runner up to the Pick'EM CHAMPION

Comment

I'm travelling to see the fri game in Oswego ...I wonder if there will be any problems getting tickets at the game..dose anyone know how i can make sure tickets are available before leaving on fri..thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Pioneers#1 View Post
                  Ian Ott, Oswegonian Laker Hockey beat reporter as well as SID student assistant said that Oswego will be getting live stats up and running again this season so look for that on the Oswego athletics website for Friday.

Not sure if Elmira is having live stats this year or not. They have in the past and I dont know why they would stop but I do know they had SID turnover the past few years.
                  The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                  "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                  GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                  GO LAKERS!!!
                  GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                  "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                  Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by tchockey View Post
                    the game will be live on FASTHockey.com
                    Which game? Friday or Saturday? Please say both.

Originally posted by Pioneers#1 View Post
                    I'm pretty sure Oswego is bringing their live stats back this season. Check Oswego.edu/athletics/game/livestatsforpioneer#1/donkey/ninja/nambla on the day of the game.

Originally posted by hockeylongtimer View Post
                    I'm travelling to see the fri game in Oswego ...I wonder if there will be any problems getting tickets at the game..dose anyone know how i can make sure tickets are available before leaving on fri..thanks
                    Doubt you will have a problem getting tickets. Crowd was announced at 2195 for this game last season and that was generous. You can call the box office before heading to Oz - (315) 312-3073.
                    Voice of the Lakers, 2007-2009
                    Follow me on Twitter
                    The VOTL.com
                    Chairman Hows Glorious Army

Comment

Originally posted by jconnor View Post
                      Just got word that our tickets for Friday's game will be delivered tomorrow.
                      $8 for a D-3 hockey game? They are $4-$5 anywhere else.
                      Must still be paying for that new rink

Back on topic, I think both games will be close, can't wait. Will be at both games.
                      Ticket prices went up this year I see. It used to be $6 for adults at Oswego State hockey games at the CC.

Maybe since it's the home opener they are trying to sell more? Or that might just be the flat rate this year.

Plattsburgh charges around that for a hockey game as well. I think it's $6 or $7 for their games and they charge extra for the Oswego game every year.
                      GO LAKERS!!!
                      "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                      Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by collegehcky2 View Post
                        -Oswego's goalie situation definitely leaves some questions at least in my mind. Elmira has Tuttle who will be a fourth year starter when he comes in to Campus Center Ice Arena Friday. Elmira definitely has the edge in that department.

-With most of the roster filled with newcomers, Oswego won't have much time to 'gel' during the game, let's hope that they come out playing as well as they did the mid-2nd period onwards against Royal Military College. Also, hopefully both Selleck and Fox play on Friday because that would create one dangerous first line.

-The amount of freshmen on Gosek's roster really causes a lot of uncertainty. Obviously this group put up some big numbers in the OPJHL, but as Prez has said before, stats in Juniors don't necessarily carry over to D-III college hockey. If they can adjust to the type of play early in the game, there's really no telling what will happen.

-Elmira does have some great players; Masters, Tuttle, Linden. Depending on how others pick up the slack from the couple of seniors they lost, they can be a very tough team.

-It'll be interesting to see the type of atmosphere there will be in both games. Last weekend the Campus Center was ok, parents weekend definitely boosted the numbers. Hopefully the students show up and try to be a bit active in the game. At Elmira, over the past couple years it has seemed that they are drawing a larger crowd. Whether this is due to more students attending, or the townies showing up in bunches, no clue (Prez or another person familiar with it?). Both teams have a decent home ice advantage if the crowds are good.

Honestly, from my point of view, Oswego will struggle initially in the first game because there are a lot of unknown variables to account for and Elmira has solid goaltending. I expect Elmira to take both games, but not by much.
                        Elmira's attendance has been getting better the last few seasons with the return of Elmira as one of the powerhouse teams in the country. It's still nowhere near where it was in the 80's and 90's but those days are long gone. On a really good night with the Jackals not in town and a big opponent Elmira can get close to 2000 or so people. The capacity is listed at 3216 or something like that but they have gone well over that in the past.

I would look for a big group of students to be there especially considering it's the first game of the season. They have slowly started to come to more games the past few years which has helped attendance numbers a little bit. However, the "townie" count seems to decrease every year as well.

Throw in atleast 50 Oswego fans or so maybe even close to 100 and there could be a good crowd at the Domes on Saturday.

Ryan, will you be attending the game at Elmira?

Currently, I won't be going to the CC on Friday as I have a wedding to attend in Auburn. However, I am planning on making the trip to the Domes on Saturday for the back end of the home and home doubleheader.

Look for Oswego to be sporting some new road uniforms this weekend as well.
                        GO LAKERS!!!
                        Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                          Had planned on it but now it appears I'll be working. Trying to get out of it.
                          Follow me on Twitter
                          The VOTL.com

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                            Elmira's attendance has been getting better the last few seasons with the return of Elmira as one of the powerhouse teams in the country. It's still nowhere near where it was in the 80's and 90's but those days are long gone. On a really good night with the Jackals not in town and a big opponent Elmira can get close to 2000 or so people. The capacity is listed at 3216 or something like that but they have gone well over that in the past.

I would look for a big group of students to be there especially considering it's the first game of the season. They have slowly started to come to more games the past few years which has helped attendance numbers a little bit. However, the "townie" count seems to decrease every year as well.

Throw in atleast 50 Oswego fans or so maybe even close to 100 and there could be a good crowd at the Domes on Saturday.

Currently, I won't be going to the CC on Friday as I have a wedding to attend in Auburn. However, I am planning on making the trip to the Domes on Saturday for the back end of the home and home doubleheader.

Look for Oswego to be sporting some new road uniforms this weekend as well.

New road uniforms...give us a hint as to what they look like!

Making my first trip to the Domes this weekend, pretty pumped...
                            Oswego'08, '10

From the shores of Lake Ontario to the island of Hilton Head...

2011-2012 SUNYAC Pick 'Em Champion!
                            2011-2012 D3FHL Overall Points Champs!

Comment

Originally posted by Ozz View Post
                              New road uniforms...give us a hint as to what they look like!

Making my first trip to the Domes this weekend, pretty pumped...
                              *****http://oswego.edu/athletics/teams/ice_hockey/0910images/200910team.jpg******

That's what they wore for the team photo. Not sure what they'll sport Saturday night.
                              Follow me on Twitter
                              The VOTL.com

Comment

Working...
                              X