Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin vs. Minnesota State (Oct. 23-24)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wisconsin vs. Minnesota State (Oct. 23-24)

It's a big weekend for both squads who are trying to get back on track after disappointing starts to the WCHA campaign. MSU surly remembers the Badgers who ended their season in rather embarrassing fashion a year ago. UW can't come in overconfident though, as they always seem to have some difficulty in Mankato. Should be an good weekend of hockey, these two teams always seem to entertain.

Re: Wisconsin vs. Minnesota State (Oct. 23-24)

UW needs to show some flash this weekend or there will be a lot of bodies floating in Lake Mendota Sunday morning.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Alright, a game thread this week!

I watched some of UW last weekend as I was in the state of Wisconsin and caught some of the CC game on FSN-W. 1 point from that CC team had to be thouroughly disappointing. (Although, that statement is based on pre-season preconceptions of CC; I thought CC controlled their play very well and got some timely net minding.)

These will be my first Maverick games of the season. I really have no idea exactly what to expect. I see from the box score and recaps of the games @ UMD, the Mavs had trouble staying out of the box again. I was hoping that would go away a little bit without Trevor Bruess, but I suppose I must remember that Troy Jutting was still coach

Both teams should be hungry for points after missing the opportunity to get them last weekend. It should lead to some good hockey, I hope. I'm looking forward to it

Go Mavs!
      Alumni of Minnesota State University, Mankato.
      Let's Go Mavs!

Comment

It's Friday, I'm in Love
        "It's a great day for hockey"

LET'S GO RED!

http://noalibisnoregrets.blogspot.com/

Comment

Now these are the Badgers that I expected before the season. Let's hope they saved some goals for tomorrow.
          Wisconsin - The real State of hockey.

Comment

This game wasn't as close as the score would indicate. Bucky made the Mavericks look as bad as the Mavericks made Bowling Green look. Even-strength hockey looked like a Badger power play all night. Mavericks looked like they just met.
            My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

The Badgers could have easily won this game tonight 20-0, I think they felt sorry for us and held back. I've been watching the Mavs since 1999 and this was one of the most pathetic performances I have ever seen. I want my $20 back and I want Troy Jutting gone!

Comment

I hope the Thursday kegger was good for the boys because they played like they had way too much fun the night before they were to meet a WCHA oppenent on the ice.

Slow, sloppy play by the Mavs. Disgraceful, actually.

Campion did his part calling everyone that fell down as a tripping penalty, but there is no excuse for just not showing up to play ice hockey. Jesus ****ing Christ.

**** you, Jutting. I've seen some bad hockey from this team before, but never for 60 minutes straight. It is on the coach for not getting the team focused enough to at least play the first 5 minutes after each intermission.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot.

Please, Mavs, make it worth my while for coming down here, spending money on tickets and hotel. Please.

I think there is a good football game tomorrow? I guess the MSU AD gets his way...
                Let's Go Mavs!

Comment

What can you say about this one? Pathetic display. In all my years of watching the Mavs, this has got to take it. Worst performance I've ever seen. We completely embarrassed ourselves in our own barn. Just terrible!

Comment

Originally posted by MSUMaverickFan View Post
                    What can you say about this one? Pathetic display. In all my years of watching the Mavs, this has got to take it. Worst performance I've ever seen. We completely embarrassed ourselves in our own barn. Just terrible!
                    QFT!
                    Let's Go Mavs!

Comment

Looks like a pretty physical game tonight. Should be a thrilling end.

EDIT: I guess not. The Badgers lost their composure.
                      Last edited by VarsityWisconsin; 10-24-2009, 09:30 PM.
                      Wisconsin - The real State of hockey.

Comment

I'll say this. A split is ok most times on the road, but with the "expectations" for this senior/junior-laden team, they need 3 points out of mankato.

So a big disappointment. They BETTER the eff sweep New Hampshire next weekend. 1-2-1, isn't sitting well with this fan.

also, C. Smith, and R. McDonagh. w-t-f were they thinking? As I said in the scores thead, it may hurt the team, but if I'm Eaves I sit them an extra game for that stupidity. You absolutely can't give the other team chances like that.
                        Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                          ...also, C. Smith, and R. McDonagh. w-t-f were they thinking? As I said in the scores thead, it may hurt the team, but if I'm Eaves I sit them an extra game for that stupidity. You absolutely can't give the other team chances like that.
                          Sitting in the arena tonight, I was thinking the same thing. Those are bonehead moves I've come to expect from Jutting's Mavericks. I hope there is no permanent damange to Irwin. The McDonagh hit after that was entirely unneccessary--I couldn't believe it when he did it. The only thing I wasn't sure of, is if MSU would take advangage and score a goal. They had to battle the puck for it, but Harrison got it in the end (and threw his head back in a "about f*n time" sign of relief). Don't get me wrong, I'm glad they did and got the points

I'm not sure, but it feels a little like they stole 2 points [at home, mind you] from a weekend where they seemed to show vaired interest in playing ice hockey at the DI level.

This weekend was WAY too penalty laden--for both teams. The changing definition of "tripping" didn't help either team...

Wisconsin is a big team that controlled the puck very well. Mankato needs to get back to basics or it is going to be a looong year in the last iteration of the 10 team WCHA. If it doesn't get better, I hate to say it, but the 12 team WCHA could just be murder for this fan bases' expectations...

Good luck, Badgers, until Valentine's weekend--when we meet again in Mad-town.
                          Let's Go Mavs!

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                            I'll say this. A split is ok most times on the road, but with the "expectations" for this senior/junior-laden team, they need 3 points out of mankato.

So a big disappointment. They BETTER the eff sweep New Hampshire next weekend. 1-2-1, isn't sitting well with this fan.

also, C. Smith, and R. McDonagh. w-t-f were they thinking? As I said in the scores thead, it may hurt the team, but if I'm Eaves I sit them an extra game for that stupidity. You absolutely can't give the other team chances like that.
                            To me, the problem isn't so much that they split at Mankato as HOW they came to that split last night. They tied it up in the third, then took two absolute frickin ******** penalties to lose. *Maybe* Smith gets a sometimes-freshman-are-******** excuse, but McDonagh ought to know better- I'm especially disappointed as he's not a guy you want out on a major and I just don't expect that sort of boneheaded play from him. I was FURIOUS that they took themselves out of the third period like that. Per madison.com, Smith is out the extra game, they made it a DQ for him. Not sure on McDonagh... and I'm torn on sitting him. Moronic move, but him out would hurt us and I want to get a home sweep.

Link for madison.com saying Smith is out, and a few quotes... I kind of wanted to hear an apology quote from our moronic friends, but can see that they wouldn't have spoken to the media last night:
                            http://host.madison.com/sports/colle...cc4c03286.html
                            Last edited by The Hallucination; 10-25-2009, 11:03 AM.

Comment

Smith's was a DQ, McDonagh's was just a misconduct. McDonagh's wasn't that bad, other than being dumb considering the situation. You'd maybe even give him the benefit of the doubt and have it only be a two minute penalty if it hadn't come 4 minutes after a Wisconsin nearly paralyzed someone. Smith's was about as brutal as you're ever going to see.

I think part of the blame goes on Campion and that guy that sucked as a linesman. They called jack on Wisconsin through the first two periods and the game got out of hand in the third.
                              Originally posted by dicaslover
                              Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                              Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Working...
                              X