X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oswego State 2009-10 Regular Season Thread

Originally posted by Ryan Maloney
    Now that the exhibition game is out of the way, it's time to discuss the games that matter. I'll start this off by pointing out that transfer Justin Fox and sophomore Eric Selleck were absent from the lineup in Oswego's exhibition win. Is there is a story behind that?
    I finally got around to listening to BTB. Coach Emery does not mince words when asked about Hince.
    ****** quality="high" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" bgcolor="#000" width="328" height="94" src="http://www.esnips.com//escentral/images/widgets/flash/esnips_player.swf" flashvars="theTheme=blue&autoPlay=no&theFile=http://www.esnips.com//nsdoc/8ffc9db4-0e59-47fb-9f25-d3a8a442eb58&theName=Emery on Hince&thePlayerURL=http://www.esnips.com//escentral/images/widgets/flash/mp3WidgetPlayer.swf">
    Get this widget | Track details | eSnips Social DNA
    Originally posted by Miner's Mark
    Ryan,
    I've read the accounts in the paper of the exhibition game. I'd be curious to know your and Prez's thoughts on the new team and the new freshmen. What did Emery say about Hince?
    Unfortunately, I wasn't able to attend the exhibition game and only caught about five minutes of the audio web cast. I'm going to try and make it to the first away game at my favorite D3 arena, the Murray Dome, on Saturday night.

Emery said Hince's decision to leave was among the dumbest decisions Emery has ever seen in his 22 years of coaching.
    Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk
    We may pick on him here a lot, but the guy never pulls his punches and I couldn't agree with Coach Emery any more than I can about this. Leaving for the pros early when you're playing D-III is indescribably stupid.
    Originally posted by 1Dukester
    Depends on whether this was the opportune time to make a run at the dream rather than waiting for a shot that never arrives. He can still finish the education. And maybe he had enough of you know who!
    Originally posted by norm1909
    The text:
    Originally posted by OZFEST
    Hince was a good student too? Something is missing here. Perhaps he just couldn't afford it. Too bad, wish him the best.
    Originally posted by ColdInRomney
    We missed the first period, it was a one-goal game after that, same at the end of P2. After watching the second period against a like 1-5 team I thought that Coach Ed is going to have his work cut out for him this year. After the second intermission the guys started clicking and they pulled away. Hey, with all the new kids and about two days of "official" practices under their belts (oops, suspenders) they barely know each other's names! Campus Center was a sellout- 3000, good to see.
    Forgot to include 2010 in thread title. Copied everything that was in previous regular season thread into this one.
    Voice of the Lakers, 2007-2009
    Follow me on Twitter
    The VOTL.com
    Chairman Hows Glorious Army

Re: Oswego State 2009-10 Regular Season Thread

The text (redux):
    Ducky – How surprised were you at Hincy’s leaving?

Emery – Well, I was really surprised – you know – you don’t – I think he made – I think it was one of the dumbest moves I’ve seen in my 22 years of coaching. You know, people out there might think I’m selfish - I’m not. You come here for two years, you pay a lot of money toward your education and you leave here with nothing. For a chance – a chance – not a guarantee, to play minor league pro hockey for $300 a week. But what can I do? I can’t do anything about it – you know – I wish him the best. He worked his tail off while he was here and he was a hard working kid. He did well in school too, which was another thing that kind of surprised me. When we heard he wasn’t coming back, we brought him in and we told him – you know – we made a decision – we can’t – if you are looking – you’re gone, because we need to get going.
    Larry Normandin
    SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
    WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Originally posted by norm1909 View Post
      The text (redux):
      Whoops - guess I copied in ALMOST everything. Sorry, Norm!
      Follow me on Twitter
      The VOTL.com

Comment

I've been to Oswego. I got really drunk at Cheap Seats and hooked up with an Oswego girl and left with a really bad infection. What a rage of a time up and down Seneca.

Comment

Originally posted by RC_Nemesis View Post
          I've been to Oswego. I got really drunk at Cheap Seats and hooked up with an Oswego girl and left with a really bad infection. What a rage of a time up and down Seneca.
          Don't you have some NHL 10 tournaments to play in or something?
          Wormser - Rowdy Crowd
          2008-2009 D-II/III Last Person Standing Champion
          2004-2005 D-II/III Last Person Standing Co-Champion
          2007-2008 D-II/III Last Person Standing Runner Up
          "...maybe I should be surprised about this, but then again, we are the Rowdy Crowd - everyone wants a piece. We are awesome." ~XYZ

Comment

You realize Seneca is a dorm and not exactly Bridge St., right? Might want to actually visit Oswego, or at least brush up on your google map navigational abilities.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan Maloney View Post
              *****http://oswego.edu/athletics/teams/ice_hockey/0910images/200910team.jpg******
              Looks like the same jerseys as the home ones except they're green. Thankfully they aren't black as Oswego never seemed to perform well with those the last 2 years.

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
              Ticket prices went up this year I see. It used to be $6 for adults at Oswego State hockey games at the CC.
              I remember in class last year Gosek was trying to impress upon us that $6 wasn't much for a hockey game/entertainment for the night. I certainly agree with this (altho being a student, I never had to pay) but $8 does seem to be a bit pricey, especially for families. 15 home games - that's an extra $30 per person for the season.

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
              Currently, I won't be going to the CC on Friday as I have a wedding to attend in Auburn. However, I am planning on making the trip to the Domes on Saturday for the back end of the home and home doubleheader.
              I am stunned to hear this news. A certain former WTOP Sport Director and I are going to be making our way up north and we had thought it was all but a certainty you would be there. I suppose a wedding is a good enough excuse tho... However, Auburn is just 40 minutes away, 30 with the way you drive. Just sayin.

Originally posted by one_to7 View Post
              You realize Seneca is a dorm and not exactly Bridge St., right? Might want to actually visit Oswego, or at least brush up on your google map navigational abilities.
              In his defense, Seneca is just a street over from Bridge. They do intersect at the 6 point intersection (which is right near Cheap Seats). Perhaps in his drunken stupor he thought they were one and the same

Anyways, does anyone know what the Lakers' alternate jerseys look like this year (or if there even is one)?
              Oswego State Great Lakers: 2007 National Champions
              08-09 WTOP 10 Sports Director
              2/20/2009: First Ever Laker Hockey Webcast

Comment

Originally posted by nysportsfan29 View Post
                In his defense, Seneca is just a street over from Bridge. They do intersect at the 6 point intersection (which is right near Cheap Seats). Perhaps in his drunken stupor he thought they were one and the same?
                Thanks for the news flash. I went to school at Oswego and lived there for five years. He has no defense. He's a troll and likely an alias for someone else here. He's never been to Oswego. He has attacked St. Norbert, Adrian, Oswego and Stevens Point in his eight historic posts. Yeah, that grouping makes a lot of sense.

Comment

hockeyguy99.... Is that you?
                  R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

If you hooked up with a "girl" at/from Cheap Seats, I'd love to see what she looks like and her age because besides football game days, it's a lot of townies there and about 35 year old women, so kudos. Troll.

Comment

Warning

*****http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs034.snc1/3253_1079730558203_1374450287_30256396_7784607_n.j pg******

A certain former Laker just had his forum account approved. This will not go well.
                      Follow me on Twitter
                      The VOTL.com

Comment

Re: Warning

Originally posted by Ryan Maloney View Post
                        A certain former Laker just had his forum account approved. This will not go well.
                        Haha. Can't wait. I am expecting hilarity to ensue.

Comment

Originally posted by nysportsfan29 View Post
                          I remember in class last year Gosek was trying to impress upon us that $6 wasn't much for a hockey game/entertainment for the night. I certainly agree with this (altho being a student, I never had to pay) but $8 does seem to be a bit pricey, especially for families. 15 home games - that's an extra $30 per person for the season.
                          $8 is still a helluva bargain for college hockey, even at the Division III level. I paid over $800 for two seats at Yost (Michigan) the last year I had my tickets there ('06-'07), and face value was $18-$23, depending on a game. I know people at Yost that were paying $1,100 for two seats for a season. Talk to a Minnesota fan and find out what they're paying. All of a sudden $8 doesn't sound so bad at all. I think I'm paying $10/game at you-know-where.
                          Last edited by Hammer; 10-22-2009, 10:32 AM.
                          FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                            $8 is still a helluva bargain for college hockey, even at the Division III level. I paid over $800 for two seats at Yost (Michigan) the last year I had my tickets there ('06-'07), and face value was $18-$23, depending on a game. I know people at Yost that were paying $1,100 for two seats for a season. Talk to a Minnesota fan and find out what they're paying. All of a sudden $8 doesn't sound so bad at all. I think I'm paying $10/game at you-know-where.
                            I certainly agree that $8 is a good price for a hockey game. Great price even. I'm mostly surprised they raised prices after it seemed like people thought $6 was getting up there. Also, I don't think they would need to be paying off the campus center (forget who mentioned that) because it was all paid for before it was built by tax payers and fundraising - at least that's what I've been told in the past.

I have never been to a D-I hockey game. I understand why prices are higher, especially at a powerhouse hockey school, since the quality of players and competition is. Would you rather pay the $20 a game for a D-I game or $8 for a D-III? Just wondering where you get more out of the money you spend.

Comment

I guess it would depend on how badly you want to see a team play. For Michigan, $18 wasn't so bad once you knew that Michigan State, Notre Dame, and Ohio State were coming in every year, and in some cases twice a year, and I always got to see my alma mater in there as well. Also, every other year Minnesota and Wisconsin also play at Yost. Michigan also included the 1st round of the CCHA playoffs as a part of the package, as they've hosted a 1st round playoff series every year since 1990-91. You could certainly justify the cost of the tickets with that kind of schedule. Granted, Ohio State is certainly the weakest link there, but you also had the Michigan-Ohio State rivalry going there as well. That, and the fact that Yost is an incredible place to watch a college game.

It got to the point for me where I couldn't justify paying $800/year for two tickets when I have other things going on in my life that I could use the money for. It was just a personal decision I had to make.
                              Last edited by Hammer; 10-22-2009, 10:02 PM.
                              FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Working...
                              X