• Northeastern @ UML 10/24/09

Im thinking tie.

Discuss...
    GO NU!
    --------------------------------------------------
    2016 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
    2018 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS (no, srsly)

Re: Northeastern @ UML 10/24/09

I have no clue whats going to happen this weekend between NU and UML. UML always plays NU tough, and this year I think we can all agree that UML is coming in as the favorite with higher expectations riding on the shoulders of their upperclassmen. I was very suprised with the result against UNO. Just watching NU I have seen them get stronger in each consecutive game with the most obvious improvment coming from Chris Rawlings in net. I still think UML is going to have the edge and I really hope that Donovan and Tuckerman are back for NU this weekend. We are going to need our forwards to play great defense and block a lot of shots from the point to keep Rawlings from getting caught out of position. My gut: UML wins 4-2 with an empty netter. My glass half full projection: Rawlings plays great, Hutton lets in a weak goal or two and NU wins 4-3 in a back and forth game.

Comment

I saw NU beat Lowell 3 out of 4 times last year. Even with that.. in the HE playoffs (where it counted most..), they did what had to be done.

I see that continuing. I see them winning at home. Our best chance against them will be at Matthews. I really hope the Lowell fanbase can come out to support their team. Lst yr i remember traveling up to Tsongas & the small (but decent) contingent of NU fans was far louder than the couple thousand folks coming to see their 'home' team. Lowell wins Saturday.

I will enjoy the beers.. regardless if NU surprises me or not
      GO NU HOCKEY
      Always bullish on the future.
      We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Just a reminder, the game is a 5:00 pm start in Lowell on Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
          Just a reminder, the game is a 5:00 pm start in Lowell on Saturday.
          Does anyone know why?

It sucks...
          MATTHEWS ARENA

100 YEARS OF HOCKEY HISTORY

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyMan View Post
            Does anyone know why?

It sucks...
            better for me... im in europe till mid december on study abroad (stupid major requirement making me miss all my hockey )

in all seriousness though, Rome is SICK . But its a lot easier for me when a game starts at 11pm my time instead of 2am.
            GO NU!
            --------------------------------------------------
            2016 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
            2018 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS (no, srsly)

Comment

hopefully vader and the boys can come support lowell like they did last time at tsongas.
              Arenas Attended
              Matthews Arena
              Agganis Arena
              Tsongas Arena
              Lawler Arena
              Schneider Arena
              Mullins Center
              TD Banknorth Garden
              Conte Forum
              Whittemore Center
              Gutterson Fieldhouse
              Alfond Arena
              Compton Family Ice Arena

Comment

Originally posted by NUMcNeely View Post
                hopefully vader and the boys can come support lowell like they did last time at tsongas.
                I think we're going to be facing Vader & the boys come Sat.. this time the Empire will Strike back.. unfortunately for us.

Unless.. we have.. another
                GO NU HOCKEY
                We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

In the prediction thread people are scoring this one all over the place. I'm not sure what's going to happen this weekend, and neither is anyone else.
                  Originally posted by owslachief
                  Furthermore, here are the best predictors of particular leagues:

Hockey East (9 points) ... sameoldfury

Comment

Originally posted by sameoldfury View Post
                    In the prediction thread people are scoring this one all over the place. I'm not sure what's going to happen this weekend, and neither is anyone else.
                    I guess its pretty bad when I make two predictions in the same post. . . I think the issue is everyone expected NU to be week but they have played fairly well. NU fans are all focusing on our weaknesses, UML had an inexplicable loss to UNO, and expectations were so high. Definitely interesting this year as no team has really stepped up in the hockey east. Although you could argue UVM has.

Comment

Originally posted by sameoldfury View Post
                      ..and that's what makes buying the ticket to watch these things so much fun

Of course we're getting crushed.. didn't i just say we'll crush you..
                      GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by NUMcNeely View Post
                        I don't think vader and the storm troopers will be making an appearance this weekend

I have no idea what to expect on Saturday from NU or Lowell but will have a better idea after Lowell's Friday night game against Colgate.

Any students making an early season trip to Tsongas? The NU students were great at the "vader" game last season.
                        Let's go Lowell.

Comment

I'll be there.. (of course i still qualify as student!)

And i'm not coming for the hockey.. i'm coming for the jazz band
                          GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

me and 4 other guys are tripping up for the game this weekend. looking forward to the family 4 pack and of course the game. i wont make any prediction other than we'll know a lot more about each team after this game. will i judge each team the rest of the way on this tilt? no, but it'll be a good indicator as both teams have shown why people are picking them high and why people are picking them low in the standings.
                            Arenas Attended
                            Matthews Arena
                            Agganis Arena
                            Tsongas Arena
                            Lawler Arena
                            Schneider Arena
                            Mullins Center
                            TD Banknorth Garden
                            Conte Forum
                            Whittemore Center
                            Gutterson Fieldhouse
                            Alfond Arena
                            Compton Family Ice Arena

Comment

No matter how these two teams are playing in any given year it is always a toss up when we play each other.

UNO played well last WE too. The only thing we were missing in the game against UNO was Schaus. He is a big thing to be missing...but from what I hear UNO played very well.

Comment

Working...
                              X