UND @ UAA, Oct 23-24

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UND @ UAA, Oct 23-24

Should be a good series -- the Seawolves usually play their best against the Sioux. But for this weekend when I shout it from the Chugach Mountains, I'll be shouting out "Sioux yeah yeah!"

Also, for any UND alumni (or anybody coming up for the games) we are reviving the pre-game reception tradition this year. Two hours before the Friday game in one of the beer gardens (to be determined). Beer/soda and hot dogs/brats will be provided. The alumni office is no longer mailing out notices for these events and is instead relying upon email, and the alumni office's email list is relatively short, so if you know anybody up here who might be interested please pass the info along because we expect most people will not hear about it otherwise. We're not charging up front this year but contributions will be gratefully accepted.

Re: UND @ UAA, Oct 23-24

dude mentioned in the UND thread that three UAA dmen were injured. Which three are out?

UAA always seems to play UND tough in Alaska, I would expect no different this year.

Is the GLI webcast of these games still free?
    I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Sioux Sweep
      Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
      when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
      Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
        Is the GLI webcast of these games still free?
        I meant GCI...
        I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

The Alaska trip is always highly anticipated, one of these years a need to make it up there! To echo Brian, what is the story on the UAA dmen that dude referred to in the UND thread?
          sigpicUniversity of North Dakota, 8 time D-I Ice Hockey National Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by ecbrevik View Post
            The Alaska trip is always highly anticipated, one of these years a need to make it up there! To echo Brian, what is the story on the UAA dmen that dude referred to in the UND thread?
            UAA has two defensemen who are recovering from injuries and have yet to play a single game. Last weekend we lost another, so yes we have three D men out. I wasn't gonna tell you who they are, but you can find out on Donalds blog so I might as well say who. Backstrom, Hunt and Vidmar.

I don't know if the GCI webcasts are free this year like they were last year. The site does not say, you can read it for yourself here:

http://portal.gci.net/content/gci_sports/uaa_hockey

This is going to be a good test for the Wolves, I hope they bring their "A" game.
            Originally Posted by aparch
            I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Against Merrimack and again against Minnesota the Sioux seemed to skate better on Friday than on Saturday. However teams traveling to Alaska seem to have a bit of jet lag for Friday games. So it will be interesting to see for this first road trip if the Sioux can outskate UAA.
              "For me, college hockey was obviously the best step I could have taken to get to the next level." - Jonathan Toews, North Dakota/Chicago Blackhawks

Comment

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
                UAA always seems to play UND tough in Alaska, I would expect no different this year.
                http://www.uscho.com/box/?date=20091...e=uaa&gender=m

Robert Morris had 10 powerplays Saturday. Did Robert Morris have too much speed for UAA? Seems UAA will literally have their hands full next weekend?
                "For me, college hockey was obviously the best step I could have taken to get to the next level." - Jonathan Toews, North Dakota/Chicago Blackhawks

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
                  I wasn't gonna tell you who they are, but you can find out on Donalds blog so I might as well say who. Backstrom, Hunt and Vidmar.
                  Why weren't you going to tell us, Suze?

Supposedly Genoway had the flu this past weekend, but if that's how he plays when he has the flu, I don't want to know how he'll be healthy.
                  Hextall left for the majority of the 2nd period of the Sat UMN game, but came back in the 3rd, so I'm not sure if he was injured...or maybe he just had an equipment issue. Who knows.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

I'm cheering for Suze's team!
                    Go Seawolves!
                    GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
                      Go Seawolves!
                      Of course you would. Especially with how your team has been faring to start off the season.

Comment

Sioux play in front of what is like a home crowd to them, made up of mostly Sioux fans and some lost Canadians, maybe Palin too.

Sioux Sweep
                        THE University of North Dakota FIGHTING SIOUX

National Championships:
                        1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000

WCHA Regular Season Championships:
                        1958, 1963, 1965, 1967, 1979, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2004, 2009, 2011

Fan of:
                        University of North Dakota Fighting Sioux Hockey
                        University of Oregon Ducks Football
                        San Francisco Giants
                        Chicago Blackhawks

Comment

I'll be happy with a split with the amount of D-men UAA will be missing. It's scary how many young guys we have playing right now. Baldwin is a good player but he couldn't stay out of the box last weekend. I dont think Shyiak has any otther choice but to play him this weekend. hopefully he doesn't repeat the type of performance against RMU.

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
                            Go Seawolves!
                            Thanks Viz!
                            Originally Posted by aparch
                            I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Viz sucks.
                              Sioux Yeah Yeah

Comment

Working...
                              X