UND @ UAA, Oct 23-24

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UND @ UAA, Oct 23-24

I'm afraid Dude is going to be correct...Sioux sweep, UAA Freshmen get a look at WCHA team play...it's fast take everyone's word for it...MOVE YOUR FEET!
    If I had a cool pic or saying it would go here.

Comment

Originally posted by dude View Post
      Speed wasn't an issue there, we actually had a shorthand goal due to our speed! 3 upperclassment D-men were out and will be this weekend too. One of our freshman blueliners would rather sit in the penalty box than actually skate, so that leaves us with what 3 regular d-men? Leinweiber and Darwitz are all of 5'8" and 160 lbs so that about says it for us. I don't expect the games to be close at all this weekend. NoDak could be like sharks in a feeding frenzy if we aren't careful. I am guessing (sadly and regretfully) a couple of 5-2 Sioux wins this weekend. I am hoping that I am wrong.
      Actually Lee Baldwin is 6-4 205, but yes he spends way too much time in the box (who hasn't so far?)
      Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic

Comment

Originally posted by seawolfpunk View Post
        Actually Lee Baldwin is 6-4 205, but yes he spends way too much time in the box (who hasn't so far?)
        Yeah we've taken far too many penalties this year and it's killing us. Between that and missing our top 3 d-men I don't think we got a chance.
        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
        I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
          Yeah we've taken far too many penalties this year and it's killing us. Between that and missing our top 3 d-men I don't think we got a chance.
          I don't really consider Vidmar one of the top 3, I would much rather see Leinweber play defense than Vidmar.
          Originally Posted by aparch
          I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Rane View Post
            I'd really like to hear the U-A-A song again...
            I always considered it more of a jingle than a fight song. And it's always good as far as I'm concerned.

What I really miss is the Icebreakers.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
              You are a glutton for punishment, aren't you? Does it help to know that we UAA fans hate it as well? Probably not, you'll keep rubbing salt in the wound.
              If the fans hate it why do they play it?
              Contributing Editor and College Hockey Writer at Inside Hockey
              Eric's Twitter
              The Sin Bin The Sports Daily

Comment

Originally posted by Goon View Post
                Do they play it? Not like in grand Forks where all you hear all day long is the Flickertail Fight song. The church bell dings it out at noon. Every “hip dude “in town has it programmed into his programmable car horn that he has hotwired to his “take to town tractor”. It is so appalling and been out of fashion for so long that I bet even Lawrence Welk refused to take part in it on his accordion or have his Polka band pound it out with bubbles hovering over the Dak Rat square dancers . I heard a rumor that it’s the only hillbilly tune that didn’t make Bobby Burgess smile and he refused to dance to it. Also heard that even the Lennon sisters balked at singing it and mom backed them up. One of a couple songs banned in Branson Missouri. Even Big Tiny Little had a clause in his contract… It ain’t happening boss.

Seawolves...... take the weekend the Dak Rats ....freefall in the polls
                Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
                UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
                  Seawolves...... take the weekend the Dak Rats ....freefall in the polls
                  That might be a bold prediction.
                  Eric's Twitter

Comment

IMO, this is UAA best team in years in fact I wouldn't be suprised if they split this series with UND. Going into this season I have found UAA to be faster and physically stronger than years past. They need to be more consistent in order to secure a top five playoff spot. Surely they will be in the mix until the end of the season.
                    Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
                    dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
                    wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
                      IMO, this is UAA best team in years in fact I wouldn't be suprised if they split this series with UND. Going into this season I have found UAA to be faster and physically stronger than years past. They need to be more consistent in order to secure a top five playoff spot. Surely they will be in the mix until the end of the season.
                      I don't see UAA finishing in the top five ahead of DU, UND, UMN, Wisc, SCSU and or UMD. Sure there is a good chance that UAA and UND will split this weekend, but when it's all said and done the Seawolves will be about 8-10 in the WCHA standing.

This is the same UAA team that lost to Robert Morris and was blown away by Michigan, I watched the game o n GCI it wasn't even close. I think the Travel factor will play in UAA favor. The Sioux have a 6-3-1 record against Seawolves the last 10 games.
                      Last edited by Goon; 10-21-2009, 12:06 PM.
                      Eric's Twitter

Comment

They don't.
                        I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

They don't.
                          Got it.
                          Eric's Twitter

Comment

I don't see UAA finishing in the top five ahead of DU, UND, UMN, Wisc, SCSU and or UMD. Sure there is a good chance that UAA and UND will split this weekend, but when it's all said and done the Seawolves will be about 8-10 in the WCHA standing.

This is the same UAA team that lost to Robert Morris and was blown away by Michigan, I watched the game o n GCI it wasn't even close. I think the Travel factor will play in UAA favor. The Sioux have a 6-3-1 record against Seawolves the last 10 games.
                            It might be another matter entirely when the team is all healthy. They haven't started out well with some injuries. How well would UND do with 2 starting senior defensemen and other players injured?

To change the subject, UAA has some promotions to make games affordable for families:

Green & Gold Fridays: Wear Green & Gold to any Seawolf regular season hockey game on Friday nights and get up to two free general admission tickets for kids 12 & under, when accompanied by a paying adult.

Youth Jersey Saturdays: Wear a hockey jersey to any Seawolf regular season hockey game on Saturday nights and get up two complimentary general admission tickets for kids 12 & under when accompanied by a paying adult.

Both of these promotions are available on game day at the Sullivan Arena NW student desk, starting one hour prior to the game.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

It might be another matter entirely when the team is all healthy. They haven't started out well with some injuries. How well would UND do with 2 starting senior defensemen and other players injured?.
                              No I understand that, I read that there were three defenseman out this weekend. UND will not take them lightly.
                              Eric's Twitter

Comment

How well would UND do with 2 starting senior defensemen and other players injured?
                                UND doesn't even have 2 senior dmen on the roster.
                                But I understand your point.

Just one, and he played all of last weekend with the flu and still won WCHA DPOTW.
                                I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Working...
                                X