Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Notre Dame at Boston University 10/20

Originally posted by umassfan49 View Post
    Are you forgetting that you have another goalie on your team who is an NHL draft pick? Coach Parker said recently that using a goaltending rotation would be ideal. Plus, its early and nonconference, maybe someone else will get some minutes.
    here's a guy that doesn't follow BU hockey making predictions about BU hockey.
    time to write new history

Comment

Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
      Might be the only way BU gets a win.
      As much as I respect the reverse jinx tactic, this is over the top. Notre Dame is coming off home splits to the worst teams in CHA and Hockey East.
      Notre Dame Hockey
      Reigning Big Ten Champions
      Reigning CCHA Champions
      Hockey East Lineal Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
        Well lucky for you BU's hockey team aint playing ND's football or basketball team.
        Phew... that would be a REAL tough situation...
        Let's go Terriers!

It hasn't taken me long to realize, everybody here knows a lot more than me about college hockey...

1971, 1972, 1978, 1995, 2009

Comment

Is it 7pm yet?!

Comment

...and Notre Dame is once again called on to fill this gap, possibly with Brad Phillips, but since 3 goalies have played so far I assume the job is still up for grabs.
            Very much so. Phillips has the best pedigree, coming from the NTDP, and he had some promising outings two seasons ago before a poor performance in our "home" game against Michigan in Auburn Hills. However, he hasn't been particularly strong in either of his starts so far this season, although to be fair, the team as a whole sleep-walked through a good chunk of the Thursday game against Providence.

Meanwhile, Mike Johnson apparently hasn't really lit it up in practice, if Jackson's media comments are to be believed, but he had a heck of a game in recording the shutout in the Friday game against Providence.

Kevin Deeth and Ryan Thang to me are ND's biggest impact players on offense, as they certainly can both score and make good decisions with the puck.
            Also Maday and Ridderwall.

One thing you didn't mention that I'm looking forward to seeing is the special teams battle, particularly BU's PP against ND's PK. The Irish had the best kill in the country last year and appear to have picked up right where they left off.
            Northeastern Huskies Class of 1998 / BS Chemical Engineering
            Notre Dame Fighting Irish Class of 2011 / PhD Chemical Engineering

But then again, isn't holding forth on an extreme opinion from a position of complete ignorance what these boards are all about? -- from a BigSoccer post by kerrunch

Britney can't sing. At all. She sounds like a cross between a crackhead chipmunk that had more than a couple beers and a drowning cat. -- DHG on the MTV VMAs

Comment

So was John Muse and he played.
              Yeah, but that's all BC knows they have. We're certainly not going to force anyone back before they're ready when we can instead start last year's Rookie of the Year.
              Boston University 2009 Champs
              Notre Dame 2012-?

Comment

Originally posted by candycanes99 View Post
                Yeah, but that's all BC knows they have. We're certainly not going to force anyone back before they're ready when we can instead start last year's Rookie of the Year.
                Not only that, but Muse is more recovering from surgery from 5-6 months ago than he is actually "injured" and his rehab has gone well enough that he is playing sooner than expected. Rollie was injured a few weeks ago and has been listed as day-to-day or week-to-week since then. But I guess a UMass fan is more up on our injured players than we are, so by all means, let's give Rollie a game even though he isn't ready, because Muse's rehab from surgery has him back playing a little ahead of schedule.

That said - little more than 5 hours till the puck is dropped. W00t!!!

Comment

A reminder to BU and ND fans alike who aren't going tonight that we'll be live blogging tonight's game (link in signature).
                  Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
                    A reminder to BU and ND fans alike who aren't going tonight that we'll be live blogging tonight's game (link in signature).
                    *****http://board.uscho.com/images/icons/icon14.gif***********http://board.uscho.com/images/icons/icon14.gif******

I believe the game is on ESPNU for peeps not able to attend the game...(this was stated earlier in the thread, just reiterating).

Comment

Originally posted by bostonewe View Post
                      *****http://board.uscho.com/images/icons/icon14.gif***********http://board.uscho.com/images/icons/icon14.gif******

I believe the game is on ESPNU for peeps not able to attend the game...(this was stated earlier in the thread, just reiterating).
                      Yes, it is on ESPNU. But you can never have too much coverage!
                      Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Who's the *** hole who blocked off all the parking for some dumbass movie shoot?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
                        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                          Who's the *** hole who blocked off all the parking for some dumbass movie shoot?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
                          Tom Cruise. well most likely, I know they are making a film with him here.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                            Wait......what?????? Where did they block off?? And there was a movie shoot on campus and I DIDN'T KNOW ABOUT IT???? Well this just keeps getting better. *sigh*

mookie - did you not make it in to the game? I didn't see you. They had more of the posters and I got you one. I'll bring it on Saturday.

Now, the game.

Um.......

Well.....

Oh! There was......no, I was wrong.

Let's see.....

We could talk about......nope, we can't talk about that.

How about.....no, nothing there either.

*sigh*

I thought that the Notre Dame fan section was great. Nice to see so many there. That's about all I have!

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                              I thought that the Notre Dame fan section was great. Nice to see so many there. That's about all I have!
                              The ubiquitous Drunk and Needlessly Arrogant Notre Dame fan sitting behind me in 116 wasn't so great. But when it comes to ND sports, it's expected.
                              time to write new history

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                                I agree, and very polite... managed to talk to a couple about my irish football fandom. I imagine it was strange for them to hear of yell BC Sucks so many times... I'm sure you'll get no disagreement from that group (BC @ South Bend coming up on Saturday!).

My apologies to any forumites who were in attendance for the ignorant Freshman in the front of 106 who didn't stop chanting "Phillips, Phillips, you suck," the entire game... Not sure what that was about, it's not the norm in Agganis.
                                Let's go Terriers!

It hasn't taken me long to realize, everybody here knows a lot more than me about college hockey...

1971, 1972, 1978, 1995, 2009

Comment

Working...
                                X